+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: What did yesterday cost us?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: What did yesterday cost us?

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Did the loss cost us more that the Hideaway Park Debacle? Let's get real fellows. What's really important - winning or Hideaway Park?
    Last time I looked the Hideaway Park rules enforcement effected no ticket purchasers....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Last time I looked the Hideaway Park rules enforcement effected no ticket purchasers....
    You wouldn't have thought that from all the flak everyone has put up. But I was speaking of future games this year. Red out may be a pink out.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

After UAB, I have about as much interest in the rest of the season as Holtz and company had in playing UAB. This wasn't an anomaly folks, this was textbook Skip Holtz football. Just wait until Southern Miss rolls into town. They'll beat us like a rented pack mule.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    We had a good time. The stadium is pretty bad, I think Independence Stadium may be nicer than that place. Of course, I don't enjoy watching the Dawgs lose. But I thought UAB came out inspired and they had a pretty vocal crowd. Our team was flat but they never quit. I've seen Tech teams just concede games like that with a "it just ain't our day" attitude. We played through it. Skip should have given the offense a chance to win the game. I think they would have won it. We're going to need our offense to win a game at some point, and that was a good opportunity for them to do so.
    I agree with the above. Their fans were LOUD. It was a LONG drive to get there to see a one point loss!!! The dogs played a Hell of a lot better when they did HURRY UP OFFENSE. When they slowed down and during all the Review of plays...they went flat. I thought our receivers and defensive linemen were being held.....piss poor officiating....no flags..

Varsity Bulldog Jacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the roughJacksonian is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Did the loss cost us more that the Hideaway Park Debacle? Let's get real fellows. What's really important - winning or Hideaway Park?
    Turning current students into loyal fans (and future season ticket purchasers) is always important. Improving the game day experience in general is crucial if we want to keep growing our attendance.

Winning is always a priority, but I don't see what that has to do with addressing the issue in Hideaway Park.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

If we lose to Southern Miss, we may cancel our trip to Rice (Houston).

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

No, current ticket purchasers......any lasting effects or future LSU supporters in the group?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    No, current ticket purchasers......any lasting effects or future LSU supporters in the group?
    I figure it's loaded with future "Cool Kids Club" members

True Tech fans would of manned-up and adjusted already....

Unfortunately today's kids don't know that there are other ways to skin a cat and force the powers that be to seek another solution

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksonian View Post
    Turning current students into loyal fans (and future season ticket purchasers) is always important. Improving the game day experience in general is crucial if we want to keep growing our attendance.

Winning is always a priority, but I don't see what that has to do with addressing the issue in Hideaway Park.
    Win and they will come. Damn the torpedos and full speed ahead. My soph and jr. seasons we didn't win so I didn't go.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

I figure it's loaded with future "Cool Kids Club" members

True Tech fans would of manned-up and adjusted already....

Unfortunately today's kids don't know that there are other ways to skin a cat and force the powers that be to seek another solution
    Today's kids are definitely soft and lack imagination.....but they are the future fan base.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Today's kids are definitely soft and lack imagination.....but they are A SMALL PART ofthe future fan base.
    Fixed it for you...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Make no mistake--while some of our fans are talking about hanging it up on the season, Southern Miss fans are planning to come to Ruston in anticipation of watching them beat us. They lose a game at home to North Texas and then go on the road and beat UTSA. They will travel well. We lose game on the road to UAB by missing a last second field goal (coincidentally North Texas hit a late field goal to beat UAB) and our fans are ready to hang it up.

I find it humorous when some fans so they are quitting on the team because they can't stand quitters. haha
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Make no mistake--while some of our fans are talking about hanging it up on the season, Southern Miss fans are planning to come to Ruston in anticipation of watching them beat us. They lose a game at home to North Texas and then go on the road and beat UTSA. They will travel well. We lose game on the road to UAB by missing a last second field goal (coincidentally North Texas hit a late field goal to beat UAB) and our fans are ready to hang it up.

I find it humorous when some fans so they are quitting on the team because they can't stand quitters. haha
    I've already seen this movie.

I've seen Holtz lose to a far inferior USM team twice. Not real excited to see what happens when a reasonably good one comes to town.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think most everyone on the thread is just venting and griping, they are still supporters, it has not got Jack Bicknell bad yet. Most everyone on here is already vested in this season and will come to the home games regardless, it is the casual and walk-up fans we worry about.

It is also the embarrassment of a coach who stands in front of the mic and gives the same excuses after every loss.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    If we lose to Southern Miss, we may cancel our trip to Rice (Houston).
    Why, don't you like having entire sections to yourself? Last time I went to a Tech-Rice game in Houston, which was a couple years ago, the big stadium was empty! Almost as many Tech fans as Rice fans...maybe 2,000 of us, and part of our band.

+ Reply to Thread