+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: C-UAB Referees

Hybrid View

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

C-UAB Referees

If you weren't in Birmingham yesterday then you may not have seen that it was Louisiana Tech vs UAB & CUAB Game Officials. It seemed like every LA Tech big play had a flag or a review. The targeting hit by the UAB defender on M. Gaines was the only legitimate "targeting" penalty and it, nor the other one vs UAB was enforced.

In our first 5 games Tech was penalized 3.4 times/game for 26 yards/game. At UAB we were penalized 10 times for 95 yards.

Could we have played better? Absolutely. But that was FAAAAAR from a fair contest yesterday. It would have been nice to beat those severely biased referees, but unfortunately we didn't close the deal.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-UAB Referees

Im not gonna go so far as to say its a conspiracy. But I will say that these sorts of breaks just dont happen to other teams.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

I wasn't there. And I wasn't watching, because of the crap stream...so I relied on the Dave and Teddy. But, in general, complaining about the officiating after a (bad) loss is bush league.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    I wasn't there. And I wasn't watching, because of the crap stream...so I relied on the Dave and Teddy. But, in general, complaining about the officiating after a (bad) loss is bush league.
    Clearly bad, biased officiating is bad, biased officiating. Calling someone 'bush league' for pointing it out when you weren't even at the game and didn't even watch it is way beyond just 'bush league' and ignorant.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah, I'm sorry. That wasn't really fair. I'm just really upset how we played yesterday...don't feel like there's any excuse for it. Obviously that had nothing to with the observation you made. Sorry again.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    If you weren't in Birmingham yesterday then you may not have seen that it was Louisiana Tech vs UAB & CUAB Game Officials. It seemed like every LA Tech big play had a flag or a review. The targeting hit by the UAB defender on M. Gaines was the only legitimate "targeting" penalty and it, nor the other one vs UAB was enforced.

In our first 5 games Tech was penalized 3.4 times/game for 26 yards/game. At UAB we were penalized 10 times for 95 yards.

Could we have played better? Absolutely. But that was FAAAAAR from a fair contest yesterday. It would have been nice to beat those severely biased referees, but unfortunately we didn't close the deal.
    Brings back memories of bad basketball calls during basketball conference tournaments vs UAB

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Brings back memories of bad basketball calls during basketball conference tournaments vs UAB
    That was when we realized it wasn't just us being homers, watching WKU get absolutely jobbed.

I think the belief is that if Birmingham can host a CUSA football championship vs WKU/MT or other regional team then a large number of casual fans will fill up Legion Field. The CUSA basketball tournament attendance blows that theory up.

That was my first time to Legion Field. What a tremendously bad downtown area.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

That was my first time to Legion Field. What a tremendously stable, multiethnic, working-class downtown area.
    fixed

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't understand how the hit by Cooper was ruled targeting. Isn't that supposed to relate to a hit above the shoulders to a defenseless player? The guy had caught the ball, made a move, and run 5 yards before Cooper touched him. How is that defenseless? If they call that, seems like they would have to call it on about 50% of the hits made on running backs. Somebody help me out?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I didn't understand how the hit by Cooper was ruled targeting. Isn't that supposed to relate to a hit above the shoulders to a defenseless player? The guy had caught the ball, made a move, and run 5 yards before Cooper touched him. How is that defenseless? If they call that, seems like they would have to call it on about 50% of the hits made on running backs. Somebody help me out?
    Did he make forcible contact with the crown of the helmet? (I didn't see the play). As I understand it, if that is the case the player does not need to be defenseless and it does not need be contact to the opposing player's neck/head region. In one of our games (MSU maybe), opposing player was charged with Targeting on J'mar for a helmet to chest hit.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by diamonddawg31 View Post
    Did he make forcible contact with the crown of the helmet? (I didn't see the play). As I understand it, if that is the case the player does not need to be defenseless and it does not need be contact to the opposing player's neck/head region. In one of our games (MSU maybe), opposing player was charged with Targeting on J'mar for a helmet to chest hit.
    He hit him with his shoulder from what I could tell.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog Cory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud ofCory has much to be proud of Cory's Avatar

I agree, but the ref issues were exacerbated by the fact that Barnes and the special teams unit had an off day. Im not pointing the finger solely at Barnes; the guy is human.... He's came through for us so many times in the past, so I just can't throw the guy under bus after one bad/mediocre game. That being said, if we had the same Barnes that we have come to know throughout the 2016-2017 year, we would have still squeaked by in this game. Seriously, when was the last time that Barnes missed that many field goals in a game? The 2014 championship game against Marshal? That being said, the game should have not even been close to begin with. Yeah, the refs did screw us with a few questionable calls, but that's not uncommon when you're playing on the road.

In an attempt to maintain some degree of sanity, my goals for this year have shifted. I'm sick of getting upset when we lose to a lesser opponent or come up short against a P5 that we should have won. Conference champs may be long shot since we since we are no longer in control of our fate (UAB is in our devision and the UTSA game could literally go either way). Honestly, I just hope we get/win a Bowl game in Louisiana or Texas....That's the most realistic (and optimistic) thing we can expect at this point. I find solace in knowing that we are going to dominate next year. In my opinion, 2018 has all the makings of a banner year. Smith will be more experienced and we'll have a ton of talent returning. But man, when that field goal was blocked, I literally felt a little nauseous.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Did anyone see a different angle of the kick? Here's one from UAB's twitter. That dude jumped high.

https://twitter.com/uab_fb/status/916859983630872576

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Did anyone see a different angle of the kick? Here's one from UAB's twitter. That dude jumped high.

https://twitter.com/uab_fb/status/916859983630872576
    Because he wanted to win the game. More than I can say for any Bulldog except Amik Robertson.

+ Reply to Thread