+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: C-UAB Referees

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-UAB Referees

Bad example, but Dooley didn’t care who he offended. He knew his way up the ladder was to make Tech better. We need a few people like that.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

At least I've never seen a C-USA referee call "Personal foul, running into the kicker" like the MAC female white hat just did in the WMU-Akron game. The correct call was actually just running into the kicker, so the MAC officiating coordinator still has some work to do.
    Last edited by FriscoDawg; 10-15-2017 at 03:06 PM.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    At least I've never seen a C-USA referee call "Personal foul, running into the kicker" like the MAC female white hat just did in the WMU-Akron game. The correct call was actually just running into the kicker, so the MAC officiating coordinator still has some work to do.
    Here goes my male chauvinist rage: female football refs and female football play-by-play announcers are in the wrong professions.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Here goes my male chauvinist rage: female football refs and female football play-by-play announcers are in the wrong professions.
    Why? I dont really care as long as they do a good job.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Agreed.

Oh, and female band announcers too!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Ken Antee has publicly stated his dislike of Tech yet our AD continues to allow him to call our games even though we get several bad or missed calls each game he is involved in.
    That is the damn TRUTH!!!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Whew!....Glad I stopped in on this thread, everything is clear as MUD now!

seriously though, do any of us have any idea if any complaints are ever made to the CUSA office or which ever groups of refs it may involve? I wish someone on here who has a very serious understanding of the X's & O's and rules would compile a list of the obvious no calls for TECH and UAB. I would love to see something like that presented to Holtz and the AD and for them to give an explanation as to why or why didn't they make a complaint.

I want teams to be able to play, there could be a call almost every play, no one wants to see that, but let's be reasonable. Until someone proves different to me, I will believe Skip and Tommy are both P0$$ies when it comes to taking up for our team. When someone complains it is not always "sour grapes", complaints are very legitimate sometimes, have the reputation of a University that does not put up with BS and stand your ground. I think the call on the last play when UAB rushed the field should have been made, if UAB were beating us by 20 with 3 seconds left, that would have been a good no call. The rule violation by UAB was a game changing decision since we were only third down and refs could have made the call, but they did not. Our fan-base, university, and Ruston will suffer because of this no call, someone needs to be held accountable!

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    The only people accountable are the referees. UAB committed at least 2 very obvious infractions on that single play and the refs CHOSE to ignore them. How anyone can blame Holtz for that makes no sense. Claiming he didn't question the referees about them not enforcing the rules is an assumption. Finally, though our team played poorly, they were in a position to actually win the game. The players failed to execute.
    Just getting the back to the board today, has my time expired to respond to a post? But c'mon stodg, read my post!
    first sentence I made it clear I was asking if anyone knew if anyone made complaints!
    Yes, the refs do make that choice and are the parties held accountable, Do I blame Holtz, that depends. Can you show me where he stood up for our team and possibly brought it to conference USA's attention?
    When people/employees/officials are not held accountable they tend to be lax in the task at hand sometimes, that is just human nature. I gave my opinion that Skip and Tmac do not pursue those kinds of things and you can call that an assumption if you want. Check my first paragraph, I mentioned twice that I had no idea if anyone was complaining or standing up for the team, that is what I want to know! Do you Know?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Whew!....Glad I stopped in on this thread, everything is clear as MUD now!

seriously though, do any of us have any idea if any complaints are ever made to the CUSA office or which ever groups of refs it may involve? I wish someone on here who has a very serious understanding of the X's & O's and rules would compile a list of the obvious no calls for TECH and UAB. I would love to see something like that presented to Holtz and the AD and for them to give an explanation as to why or why didn't they make a complaint.

I want teams to be able to play, there could be a call almost every play, no one wants to see that, but let's be reasonable. Until someone proves different to me, I will believe Skip and Tommy are both P0$$ies when it comes to taking up for our team. When someone complains it is not always "sour grapes", complaints are very legitimate sometimes, have the reputation of a University that does not put up with BS and stand your ground. I think the call on the last play when UAB rushed the field should have been made, if UAB were beating us by 20 with 3 seconds left, that would have been a good no call. The rule violation by UAB was a game changing decision since we were only third down and refs could have made the call, but they did not. Our fan-base, university, and Ruston will suffer because of this no call, someone needs to be held accountable!

Just getting the back to the board today, has my time expired to respond to a post? But c'mon stodg, read my post!
    first sentence I made it clear I was asking if anyone knew if anyone made complaints!
    Yes, the refs do make that choice and are the parties held accountable, Do I blame Holtz, that depends. Can you show me where he stood up for our team and possibly brought it to conference USA's attention?
    When people/employees/officials are not held accountable they tend to be lax in the task at hand sometimes, that is just human nature. I gave my opinion that Skip and Tmac do not pursue those kinds of things and you can call that an assumption if you want. Check my first paragraph, I mentioned twice that I had no idea if anyone was complaining or standing up for the team, that is what I want to know! Do you Know?
    Of course I don't know. I wasn't arguing with you.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Of course I don't know. I wasn't arguing with you.
    Dang...This board is supposed to have all of the answers!

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Well, I will say that even if they do have a conversation with the CUSA offices, we may or may not ever know that it happens.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well, I will say that even if they do have a conversation with the CUSA offices, we may or may not ever know that it happens.
    The crew that worked our UAB game worked the North Texas - UTSA game this weekend. The same official that flagged James Jackson for the ticky tack personal foul where the UAB player never even went down flagged a North Texas player for what looked like the same thing - a ticky tack personal foul penalty.

When the crew huddled to discuss the penalty, the White Hat asked him three times if he was sure. There was then a longer discussion by the crew and the flagged was picked up. What he called on James Jackson could be called on half or more plays in any given game. Unfortunately it was called on Jackson, and in a game that was tied at 16 it set up UAB with great field position that led to what turned out to be the winning touchdown.

I suspect this CUSA crew watched some film this week, probably either Friday night or Saturday morning. The White Hat is likely sending this particular official a message that he needs to let that type of call go. One game too late for Tech!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    The crew that worked our UAB game worked the North Texas - UTSA game this weekend. The same official that flagged James Jackson for the ticky tack personal foul where the UAB player never even went down flagged a North Texas player for what looked like the same thing - a ticky tack personal foul penalty.

When the crew huddled to discuss the penalty, the White Hat asked him three times if he was sure. There was then a longer discussion by the crew and the flagged was picked up. What he called on James Jackson could be called on half or more plays in any given game. Unfortunately it was called on Jackson, and in a game that was tied at 16 it set up UAB with great field position that led to what turned out to be the winning touchdown.

I suspect this CUSA crew watched some film this week, probably either Friday night or Saturday morning. The White Hat is likely sending this particular official a message that he needs to let that type of call go. One game too late for Tech!
    Oh, no. They'll bring it back just for us. Probably this Saturday.

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

My guess is that either Ken Antee or Jonathan Noli will be the white hat tomorrow night. Those are the only two of the seven referees who have worked C-USA conference games so far this year that have not worked either a Tech or USM game.

Rodney Burnette who worked the Tech at WKU game worked tonight's WKU at ODU game. Steve LaMantia who worked the North Texas at USM game worked the Marshall at Middle Tennessee game tonight.

That leaves Antee, Noli, Jay Edwards (worked the UTEP at USM game last week), Justin Elliott (worked the Tech at UAB game two weeks ago), and Daniel Gautreaux (worked the USM at UTSA game two weeks ago).

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDawg View Post
    My guess is that either Ken Antee or Jonathan Noli will be the white hat tomorrow night. Those are the only two of the seven referees who have worked C-USA conference games so far this year that have not worked either a Tech or USM game.

Rodney Burnette who worked the Tech at WKU game worked tonight's WKU at ODU game. Steve LaMantia who worked the North Texas at USM game worked the Marshall at Middle Tennessee game tonight.

That leaves Antee, Noli, Jay Edwards (worked the UTEP at USM game last week), Justin Elliott (worked the Tech at UAB game two weeks ago), and Daniel Gautreaux (worked the USM at UTSA game two weeks ago).
    Hopefully we will not get Justin Elliott again, I would rather have Ken Antee.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Hopefully we will not get Justin Elliott again, I would rather have Ken Antee.
    I have noticed Antee in the Tech games he's called, and I really haven't noticed a bias.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread