+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: C-UAB Referees

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: C-UAB Referees

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Because he wanted to win the game. More than I can say for any Bulldog except Amik Robertson.
    You ready to judge every player on the team? You don't know what you're talking about.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That was my first time to Legion Field. What a tremendously stable, multiethnic, working-class downtown area.
    fixed

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Did anyone see a different angle of the kick? Here's one from UAB's twitter. That dude jumped high.

https://twitter.com/uab_fb/status/916859983630872576
    I didn't think it was an illegal play when I saw the CUSA tv replay on Saturday, but now I'm not so sure, thanks to UAB Football's own Twitter feed.

I'm not sure of the college rule, but the NFL rule prohibits what UAB did. Each of the defenders who leaped took three to four steps toward the line of scrimmage. That would constitute a running start. Also, both of the UAB defenders who leaped came in contact with the down lineman in front of them when they landed. That type of leap and landing would have drawn a flag in the NFL. Not sure about NCAA rules on this.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I didn't think it was an illegal play when I saw the CUSA tv replay on Saturday, but now I'm not so sure, thanks to UAB Football's own Twitter feed.

I'm not sure of the college rule, but the NFL rule prohibits what UAB did. Each of the defenders who leaped took three to four steps toward the line of scrimmage. That would constitute a running start. Also, both of the UAB defenders who leaped came in contact with the down lineman in front of them when they landed. That type of leap and landing would have drawn a flag in the NFL. Not sure about NCAA rules on this.
    Pretty sure that it is illegal if the player was more than one yard from the line of scrimmage and ran forward to leap.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post

Here is the rule: Page 94

It is a foul if a defensive player who runs forward from beyond the neutralzone leaps or hurdles in an obvious attempt to block a field goal or try. Itis not a foul if the player was aligned in a stationary position within oneyard of the line of scrimmage when the ball was snapped.
    The two defenders were lined up 2 yards behind the LOS. Both ran forward. Penalty??? I've never seen it called.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Just looking at the rules, On the blocked FG, I think since it was 3rd down, a penalty should have been called and we'd have had one untimed down. If it was 4th down, I believe possession would have been changed (I believe the foul would be treated as a dead ball foul).

Penalties for live-ball fouls during field goal plays are administered byrule. To accept points on a successful field goal, Team A must declinepenalties for Team B live-ball fouls. By accepting the penalty for a TeamB live-ball foul, Team A elects to cancel the score and have the penaltyenforced at the previous spot. Penalties for live-ball fouls treated as deadballfouls and those for dead-ball fouls after a field goal down are enforcedat the succeeding spot.
    On first, second or third down, Team A’s field goal attempt is blocked anddoes not cross the neutral zone. A23 recovers the ball and is tackled shortof the line to gain. RULING: Team A’s ball, next down.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Not sure what calls your complaining about. Tech played awful Saturday. They had a handful of WTF moments.
    • 2nd Quarter: Ineligible man downfield. 2 Lineman were roadblocking a guy 5 yards downfield because J'Mar was scrambling. He ended up rolling right and had Kam for a big gain. Hard to fault the Linemen for doing that seeing how much J'Mar tucks and runs.
    • Cooper's hit looked like targeting. And with the awful camera angles that they were showing us, there's no way you'd overturn it. They actually called UAB for Unsportsmanlike Conduct there and offset the penalty, but the ejection remained.
    • Kam unsportsmanlike: STOOPID. He should know better. You can't taunt by pointing at players while they are on the ground. Whether you like it or not (I don't), YOU CAN'T DO IT. In every league that's a taunting penalty. Backed up Barnes 15 yards, and missed the XP.
    • James Jackson: he tried to be subtle with it, but that's a dumb penalty as well. He ran at the returner and while 5 yards out of bounds gave him a slight shove. It wasn't much but was clearly uncalled for and the correct call. The angle the ref was at likely made it look worse than it was.
    • Amik: Taunting. This was a CLEAR one that the refs either didn't see, or decided to not call it. He made a good play on a pass breakup and stood over the WR, bend down taunting him. Amik has NFL type talent, but his trash-talking and taunting are going to get him in trouble.
    This team isn't smart enough to know that they lost the game with the above penalties. Just dumb plays.

They called the game both ways handing UAB 8 penalties as well. Take away Kam and JJ's idiotic penalties and we would have both been penalized 8 times for 60 yards. Both teams. Both teams also had 4 more penalties that were declined or off-set.

This loss is NOT on the refs. Dawgs have to MAN UP.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Not sure what calls your complaining about. Tech played awful Saturday. They had a handful of WTF moments.
    • 2nd Quarter: Ineligible man downfield. 2 Lineman were roadblocking a guy 5 yards downfield because J'Mar was scrambling. He ended up rolling right and had Kam for a big gain. Hard to fault the Linemen for doing that seeing how much J'Mar tucks and runs.
    • Cooper's hit looked like targeting. And with the awful camera angles that they were showing us, there's no way you'd overturn it. They actually called UAB for Unsportsmanlike Conduct there and offset the penalty, but the ejection remained.
    • Kam unsportsmanlike: STOOPID. He should know better. You can't taunt by pointing at players while they are on the ground. Whether you like it or not (I don't), YOU CAN'T DO IT. In every league that's a taunting penalty. Backed up Barnes 15 yards, and missed the XP.
    • James Jackson: he tried to be subtle with it, but that's a dumb penalty as well. He ran at the returner and while 5 yards out of bounds gave him a slight shove. It wasn't much but was clearly uncalled for and the correct call. The angle the ref was at likely made it look worse than it was.
    • Amik: Taunting. This was a CLEAR one that the refs either didn't see, or decided to not call it. He made a good play on a pass breakup and stood over the WR, bend down taunting him. Amik has NFL type talent, but his trash-talking and taunting are going to get him in trouble.
    This team isn't smart enough to know that they lost the game with the above penalties. Just dumb plays.

They called the game both ways handing UAB 8 penalties as well. Take away Kam and JJ's idiotic penalties and we would have both been penalized 8 times for 60 yards. Both teams. Both teams also had 4 more penalties that were declined or off-set.

This loss is NOT on the refs. Dawgs have to MAN UP.
    You did not discuss the leap to block the last field goal try. Legal or not?
    Good old Memorial Gym

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Did Cooper lead with the crown of his helmet? I didn't think so. The receiver was not defenseless. He had already made the catch and ran 5 yards before Cooper tackled him.

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Did Cooper lead with the crown of his helmet? I didn't think so. The receiver was not defenseless. He had already made the catch and ran 5 yards before Cooper tackled him.
    It looked like facemask to facemak to me

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    It looked like facemask to facemak to me
    If they make that call consistently, it will have to be called on a multitude of running plays.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    You did not discuss the leap to block the last field goal try. Legal or not?
    Legal. They jumped straight up and down. Did not leverage themselves by pushing off one of their own players and did not land on a Tech Lineman. That's textbook FG blocking.

Legal. They jumped straight up and down. Did not leverage themselves by pushing off one of their own players and did not land on a Tech Lineman. That's textbook FG blocking.
    Did not run forward to leap and did not land on any player, either?
    Good old Memorial Gym

They both took ran forward at the snap
    https://twitter.com/uab_fb/status/916859983630872576

Watching the play, it does not look too bad. But reading the rule, I think they broke the rule. They have to stand in a stationary position and leap without running forward. They did not do that.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread