+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: My Tech Pet Peeves

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Re: My Tech Pet Peeves

I thought of something else... refs who counsel players for penalties instead of throwing their flags and Holtz for allowing it.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think the next time our team captains walk out on the field for the coin toss, they need to hand the ref a jar of vaseline and turn around and bend over.

Bulldog DD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her gameDD Dawg is on top of his/her game

I've got a peeve! It's called losing! It's called a coach with no spine! I'm sick and tired of not stepping on the opponent's throats and finishing the job! Sometimes when you have momentum and it's 4th and 2 inside the 10 you go for it and finish off the opponent in the 4th quarter! Grab your manhood skippy and finish the job!!!!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

We still haven’t gathered that clock burning is not he answer. Let Barnes kick the FG at the end of the first half. Don’t hand off to Craft on 3rd and 8 when we know he averages 3 yards per carry. At least throw the ball to the sticks instead of behind them. Have a mean streak, or at least a little edge. Something!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

BTW, that was a helluva effort by Barnes on that 64-yd FG attempt. Gave it a good ride. At first, I was like....no, coach throw a Hail Mary. It has a better chance of success and the FG might be blocked and run back....then I thought, well, actually, with Smith at QB, the FG was the better option because Smith is more likely to be sacked, fumble, and that be run back for a GW TD. And of course, Smith proceeds to prove me right by committing TWO turnovers on TWO OT possessions. Yes, technically the second one was on 4th down but it was still a fumble.

"The man's a menace!" - Judge Smails

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    BTW, that was a helluva effort by Barnes on that 64-yd FG attempt. Gave it a good ride. At first, I was like....no, coach throw a Hail Mary. It has a better chance of success and the FG might be blocked and run back....then I thought, well, actually, with Smith at QB, the FG was the better option because Smith is more likely to be sacked, fumble, and that be run back for a GW TD. And of course, Smith proceeds to prove me right by committing TWO turnovers on TWO OT possessions. Yes, technically the second one was on 4th down but it was still a fumble.

"The man's a menace!" - Judge Smails

If you go back and watch the FG attempt, the snap was a little low and Barnes hesitated. Now, anything inside of 57-58 yards would have been good. I am not coming down on any of the guys. It wasn’t perfect, but it was a great effort. Without that hesitation, he might have gotten it there.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I think Barnes was pretty upset with Holtz for not letting him kick at the end of the half. He spent most of the halftime break kicking from the exact spot Holtz wouldn’t let him kick from.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    I think Barnes was pretty upset with Holtz for not letting him kick at the end of the half. He spent most of the halftime break kicking from the exact spot Holtz wouldn’t let him kick from.
    And he made a few of them.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    And he made a few of them.
    Yes he did. From that distance, regardless of who we have at QB, we have a better chance of hitting the FG with Barnes than throwing the hail mary.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I knew our sports peeps used LATech instead of LaTech, but I didn't realize our university as a whole used it. So wrong and such a poor branding effort.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

All of Malcolm's double tweets. He simultaneously tweets the exact same thing from multiple accounts as if he's never seen a retweet button. It's annoying and amateur. He never even uses a colon to separate hours and minutes when typing out a time. His Lady Techster game update tweets are the worst. The other SIDs and marketing folks do a pretty good job with social media, but Malcolm shouldn't be let anywhere near the twitter machine. He just doesn't get it.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

He's not alone....

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Tech is like the perfect sucker for trick plays meanwhile they can’t even execute the simplest of a misdirection play.

Tech’s offensive creativity is non existent while the defense Is the ideal playbook dumby. It’s all a reflection of poor coaching and being unprepared.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Tech is like the perfect sucker for trick plays meanwhile they can’t even execute the simplest of a misdirection play.

Tech’s offensive creativity is non existent while the defense Is the ideal playbook dumby. It’s all a reflection of poor coaching and being unprepared.
    Your Defense must have someone to practice against as far as defending trick plays---that makes it painfully obvious our Offense is not practicing any trick plays.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Your Defense must have someone to practice against as far as defending trick plays---that makes it painfully obvious our Offense is not practicing any trick plays.
    What is grossly missing is ANY PLAYS AT ALL like these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awAq_7S08o0. Listen to then 30-year-old Offensive Coordinator Bryan Harsin explain each play in detail and why he called each one of them. Skip Holtz has no clue how to think and coach this way.

+ Reply to Thread