+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tech Pet Peeves

Hybrid View

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

My Tech Pet Peeves

In no particular order...

#1 The big screen doesn't replay plays very well and seemingly never for controversial plays... I don't know if it's a conference rule not to do such a thing and I don't care. When Tech is getting screwed as they often are I want it proved for everyone watching.

#2 Holtz needs to get pissed when his team is getting screwed which as we've all seen happens far too often. If you're not complaining about being cheated then people (refs) infer that if you're taking it passively then you must be okay with it. The end result is the screwing continues. I also see it as not standing up for your players.

#3 Playing to coast to a hopeful victory rather than taking it no matter what the embarrassment is to the other team. I'm not going to research it but I can't remember the last time Tech shit-kicked an opponent.

#4 Relevant to #3 Tech always seems to play to the level of its competition. Let's start playing up to our full potential, period!

#5 Tech never, ever, never, ever runs a trick play. Tech barely ever even runs an unusual play. Meanwhile Tech seems to be every team's trick play guinea pig.

I've had my say, what say you?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My Tech Pet Peeves

If I had a nickel for every big pass play we allowed over the middle to a big TE I could buy a real DC.

Every time we have a chance to make a statement Holtz somehow screws it up. I guess thats your 3/4.

At some point in my lifetime we'll win the championship game maybe, but I won't get my hopes up.

People set records against Tech.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    In no particular order...

#1 The big screen doesn't replay plays very well and seemingly never for controversial plays... I don't know if it's a conference rule not to do such a thing and I don't care. When Tech is getting screwed as they often are I want it proved for everyone watching.

#2 Holtz needs to get pissed when his team is getting screwed which as we've all seen happens far too often. If you're not complaining about being cheated then people (refs) infer that if you're taking it passively then you must be okay with it. The end result is the screwing continues. I also see it as not standing up for your players.

#3 Playing to coast to a hopeful victory rather than taking it no matter what the embarrassment is to the other team. I'm not going to research it but I can't remember the last time Tech shit-kicked an opponent.

#4 Relevant to #3 Tech always seems to play to the level of its competition. Let's start playing up to our full potential, period!

#5 Tech never, ever, never, ever runs a trick play. Tech barely ever even runs an unusual play. Meanwhile Tech seems to be every team's trick play guinea pig.

I've had my say, what say you?
    I agree with all of those things, but I would like to add one other:

#6 Holtz needs to have his team ready to PLAY in the 1st quarter. Our play in the 1st quarter this season has gotten ridiculous.

LA Tech let NSU, MSU, WKU, USA & UAB all score first this season. I feel like I should ask for my money back for the 1st quarter of all 5 of those games. The only school that didn't score first against LA Tech was South Carolina, which we still managed to lose to. It would be very helpful if Tech would quit digging itself a hole. Tech let UAB go up 13-0 before we even thought about scoring.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree with all of those things, but I would like to add one other:

#6 Holtz needs to have his team ready to PLAY in the 1st quarter. Our play in the 1st quarter this season has gotten ridiculous.

LA Tech let NSU, MSU, WKU, USA & UAB all score first this season. I feel like I should ask for my money back for the 1st quarter of all 5 of those games. The only school that didn't score first against LA Tech was South Carolina, which we still managed to lose to. It would be very helpful if Tech would quit digging itself a hole. Tech let UAB go up 13-0 before we even thought about scoring.
    I think Tech led MSU 9-0 before allowing 16 points to trail 16-9 after Q1.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I think Tech led MSU 9-0 before allowing 16 points to trail 16-9 after Q1.
    HD never lets facts get in the way of making a point...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Lou Holtz says if a team resorts to trick plays it's because they don't think they can beat you straight up.

I don't care for "trick" plays either. I do like being creative and unpredictable, however. But I don't regard those as "tricks" as much as it is smart football.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

#7. We never keep doing what works. 3 straight running plays with Dancy go for good gains but he gets subbed out to “change it up”. We outsmart ourselves. If it works, run it til they stop it.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    #7. We never keep doing what works. 3 straight running plays with Dancy go for good gains but he gets subbed out to “change it up”. We outsmart ourselves. If it works, run it til they stop it.
    Holtz apparently has some dingbat philosophy on plays that are successful, run it two to three times and put it up until the next game. Run the Damn play until they stop you, MAKE them stop you!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I agree everything said so far, especially standing up for your team, be a man Holtz, make the Refs hate coming to your games! Please run a trick play every once and a while, Damn, everyone does it a few times a season just for team entertainment. That's why we get screwed by trick plays, our offense never practices any for our defense to practice against.

Holtz, if you have any trick plays, what are you saving them for, a critically close game?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Lou Holtz says if a team resorts to trick plays it's because they don't think they can beat you straight up.

I don't care for "trick" plays either. I do like being creative and unpredictable, however. But I don't regard those as "tricks" as much as it is smart football.

IMO, if we have the athletes to pull off some crazy “trick” play, we should do it. However, guys have to be able to sell it too.

Bulldog Vol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really niceVol-Dawg is just really nice

All of the above pet peeves/frustrations are justified.

I don't know if this classifies as a pet peeve because I've never heard another coach do it to this extent, but I bet Holtz will stop praising kickers like they are the best player on the team.

I may have heard him at the wrong times in the last couple of weeks but he praised Barnes like no other coach I have ever heard praise a kicker. "I feel like when we cross the 35 we automatically have 3 points". Well that little philosophy is evident and awfully conservative for a program that is trying to stake a claim as one of the upper crust of the G5. Barnes had a bad day but relying on kickers to consistently push a team and program over the edge has its obvious downfalls.

This mentality lead to a half hearted attempt to gain a first down or heaven forbid a touchdown at the end of the South Carolina game. Played for three, got three and got beat.

But as Yogi said "hindsight is 50/50."

I'm sure all of this has already been posted but this is my pet peeve for the first part of the season.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

My biggest pet peeve is with Holtz.

Every single loss press conference is exactly the same..."I thought we competed well. Big props to the opponent. They are a great competitor."

I stopped listening because he says the SAME thing every time.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Does anyone know the status of Rhashid Bonnette? What is wrong with him, and when will he return to the lineup?

I never imagined that Bonnette would be so important to this team's 2017 season. But the simple fact of the matter is that Bonnette stretches the field for Tech like no other player on the team. Bonnette's deep ball capability is the sole reason Tech was able to mount a comeback at WKU, and win on the road. Without Bonnette on the field, opposing CB's and DB's are right up in our face. They aren't concerned about being beaten deep at all. It's even negatively impacting our running game.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Has LaTech ever invited Mac Davis to sing the national anthem and then participate in the post-game festivities? Does Doc know who Mac Davis is?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Has LaTech ever invited Mac Davis to sing the national anthem and then participate in the post-game festivities? Does Doc know who Mac Davis is?
    I'm curious who was the first to sing Hard to Be Humble as a victory song. The Arkansas students sang it (after the NMSU game, doubt I'll hear it this weekend...)

+ Reply to Thread