+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Tech Pet Peeves

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: My Tech Pet Peeves

Pregame version of Enter Sandman.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

By far the greatest entrance in the nation!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, my other peeve is how we try to start a new tradition at least once a year and how we have no idea how to do that well.

Puppy nthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of lightnthedawghouse is a glorious beacon of light

TM05 touched a nerve with his post about starting new traditions annually. That brings me to my Tech Pet Peeve. Most of the posts on this thread are really Tech FOOTBALL Pet Peeves, and I agree with most of them. But my real TECH Pet Peeve is that our Athletics Department is led by a group of people who are in way over their head and don't even know it, AND that Dr. LG, a very smart man that I have a lot of respect for, continues to let that happen.

TM05, we have new traditions every year because no one in administration even knows that we spent years establishing our official colors and had a "TECH FANS WEAR BLUE" campaign. Why do we even have a thread about what color the T on the helmet should be? One year, I counted six colors of basketball uniforms, including black, gray, and pink! We signed a contract with Adidas, and they could not even supply our "official" red color. Our marketing scheme is "hey, that's cool! Lets do it for tomorrow's home game!" The AD panders to a select few who have big bucks, and I am very thankful for them and their generosity. Without them, the new stadium additions and many other athletic realities would not be possible. But there are lots of people who have $100 or $1000 to give and are not only ignored, but told their participation is not appreciated. Evidence? Sure! being notified the day before a game that no cars in the tailgate area 10 hours before kickoff (that lasted until TBC got there to get to their tailgate spot). Preventing students from tailgating in the park. Holding decades long ticket holders hostage for their seats in lieu of LTAC memberships, which, contrary to popular belief are rarely if ever used for student athletes. Almost all of LTAC goes for salary for coaches and the AD's discretionary budget. I'm not complaining about raising money for competitive coaches salaries. I get that. What I am complaining about is saying that it goes for "student athletes" and implying that it is for scholarships. Call it what it is and quit thinking we are too stupid to recognize the difference. Other schools offer incentives to come early and participate. Free parking until 3 hours before game time, tailgate themes, electricity availability, ticket packages to entice a casual/potential fan. Not us, instead we have hundreds of empty parking places in case every suite holder, DAC seat holder, and big LTAC donor arrives individually.

I could go on, but probably serve no useful purpose. I do like, acknowledge. and appreciate our stadium additions. I also like that acknowledgement and appreciation to go both ways. Just a fan, giving when I can, buying seats every year, traveling long distances to get to games. That doesn't seem important to this administration.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by nthedawghouse View Post
    TM05 touched a nerve with his post about starting new traditions annually. That brings me to my Tech Pet Peeve. Most of the posts on this thread are really Tech FOOTBALL Pet Peeves, and I agree with most of them. But my real TECH Pet Peeve is that our Athletics Department is led by a group of people who are in way over their head and don't even know it, AND that Dr. LG, a very smart man that I have a lot of respect for, continues to let that happen.

TM05, we have new traditions every year because no one in administration even knows that we spent years establishing our official colors and had a "TECH FANS WEAR BLUE" campaign. Why do we even have a thread about what color the T on the helmet should be? One year, I counted six colors of basketball uniforms, including black, gray, and pink! We signed a contract with Adidas, and they could not even supply our "official" red color. Our marketing scheme is "hey, that's cool! Lets do it for tomorrow's home game!" The AD panders to a select few who have big bucks, and I am very thankful for them and their generosity. Without them, the new stadium additions and many other athletic realities would not be possible. But there are lots of people who have $100 or $1000 to give and are not only ignored, but told their participation is not appreciated. Evidence? Sure! being notified the day before a game that no cars in the tailgate area 10 hours before kickoff (that lasted until TBC got there to get to their tailgate spot). Preventing students from tailgating in the park. Holding decades long ticket holders hostage for their seats in lieu of LTAC memberships, which, contrary to popular belief are rarely if ever used for student athletes. Almost all of LTAC goes for salary for coaches and the AD's discretionary budget. I'm not complaining about raising money for competitive coaches salaries. I get that. What I am complaining about is saying that it goes for "student athletes" and implying that it is for scholarships. Call it what it is and quit thinking we are too stupid to recognize the difference. Other schools offer incentives to come early and participate. Free parking until 3 hours before game time, tailgate themes, electricity availability, ticket packages to entice a casual/potential fan. Not us, instead we have hundreds of empty parking places in case every suite holder, DAC seat holder, and big LTAC donor arrives individually.

I could go on, but probably serve no useful purpose. I do like, acknowledge. and appreciate our stadium additions. I also like that acknowledgement and appreciation to go both ways. Just a fan, giving when I can, buying seats every year, traveling long distances to get to games. That doesn't seem important to this administration.
    You hit the nail on the head!

This weekend, we'll play our rivalry game not wearing our signature color...instead we'll be wearing red. But not really red, because for some reason its a tomato orange.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nthedawghouse View Post

Quickest ever to green dot infinity!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You hit the nail on the head!

This weekend, we'll play our rivalry game not wearing our signature color...instead we'll be wearing red. But not really red, because for some reason its a tomato orange.
    I swear, some of you people would bitch if you were fed free ice cream.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I swear, some of you people would bitch if you were fed free ice cream.
    Of course we would. They'd give us the wrong flavor!

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    That's good right there.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yea...probably no sprinkles either.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    Chocolate or bust!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Talk about an ADD bunch, thread will soon be on the pro's and cons of Baskin Robbins and having 31 flavors to choose from now!

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Talk about an ADD bunch, thread will soon be on the pro's and cons of Baskin Robbins and having 31 flavors to choose from now!
    It seens a lot of the 31 flavors are just variations of chocalate and vanill a

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The part of the brain that allows us to enjoy chocolate, is right next to the part of the brain that allows us to enjoy sex. So...chocolate is the next best thing to sex.

(actually, I don't know that to be true, I stole that from the comedian Gallagher)

In case you didn't know Gallagher:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErppAlOIGQE

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Late to the party here, but Wagon Wheel is a great tradition. When they stopped playing it every game the students were all pissed. We're so glad it's back. Not sure why the hate...

As for having USM be the red out, I'd rather this one be the red out (just on Stadium) vs the nationally televised MSST game.

The halftime TECH spell out is kinda dumb, but a lot of other schools do it, so whatever. I know Bama and Auburn both do it, so I wouldn't call it "small time."

And if you guys want the crowd participating in more things, we do have a victory song that no one waits for. Granted, they could probably skip playing Neck first and get straight to it after the Alma Mater, but still.

+ Reply to Thread