+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: My Tech Pet Peeves

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: My Tech Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    Late to the party here, but Wagon Wheel is a great tradition. When they stopped playing it every game the students were all pissed. We're so glad it's back. Not sure why the hate...

As for having USM be the red out, I'd rather this one be the red out (just on Stadium) vs the nationally televised MSST game.

The halftime TECH spell out is kinda dumb, but a lot of other schools do it, so whatever. I know Bama and Auburn both do it, so I wouldn't call it "small time."

And if you guys want the crowd participating in more things, we do have a victory song that no one waits for. Granted, they could probably skip playing Neck first and get straight to it after the Alma Mater, but still.
    Who's hating on Wagon Wheel?

Last game Neck played because they didn't play all game. Typical protocol seems to be Fight Song- Alma Mater- Hard To Be Humble.

ps, they do that order for basketball games too

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    My pet peeve is that stupid @$$ "TECH" spell-out we do at halftime. Number one, nobody does spell-outs. Number two, are we 3 years old--why would we need to give someone a letter? Number three, after "giving" someone 4 letters why would any literate person ask them what it spells? Then, they ask us to do it "louder" and "one more time"... I would rather do the hookie pookie and I'm serious.
    What he said ^^^

I have a friend that's been making fun of that stupid TECH spell-out for about 20 years now. If he wants me to repeat something, he says "one more time" in Nancy's voice.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

My Tech pet peeves are our branding blunders.

1. Trying to get people to say Lah Tech by spelling it LATech, which people are pronouncing El A Tech because that's how it looks.

2. McClelland replacing TECH with BULLDOGS in our end zones and putting BULLDOGS on our football jerseys instead of LOUISIANA TECH or LA TECH. Doesn't make any sense. Few outside of North Louisiana would be able to recognize those as Louisiana Tech jerseys. Our end zones had TECH in them for decades and decades. It was changed with no explanation and doesn't make any sense. The power of our brand is in TECH, not our generic Bulldogs nickname.

3. Screwing up our iconic red helmets by coloring the white T red to blend in with the background.

4. Changing from southern Dawgs to yankee 'Dogs.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 10-18-2017 at 12:32 AM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    My Tech pet peeves are our branding blunders.

1. Trying to get people to say Lah Tech by spelling it LATech, which people are pronouncing El A Tech because that's how it looks.

2. McClelland replacing TECH with BULLDOGS in our end zones and putting BULLDOGS on our football jerseys instead of LOUISIANA TECH or LA TECH. Doesn't make any sense. Few outside of North Louisiana would be able to recognize those as Louisiana Tech jerseys. Our end zones had TECH in them for decades and decades. It was done with no explanation and doesn't make any sense. The power of our brand is in TECH, not our generic Bulldogs nickname.

3. Screwing up our iconic red helmets by coloring the white T red to blend in with the background.

4. Changing from southern Dawgs to yankee 'Dogs.
    Much like the actual team's game plan, when something is demonstrated to not work, the official strategy is to double down and try again, while remaining silent about whose fault it is.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I have to admit...I am confused. For years, decades even! some on this board blamed Dan Reneau (you know who you are) for all the rottenness in Denmark. No matter what went wrong it was always DR's fault, the "clueless one." Les Guise was touted as one "who gets it." ALL of problems, I mean ALL of them, would disappear just as soon as DR retired and LG stepped in.

Well....we're waiting. - Judge Smails

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Late to the party here, but Wagon Wheel is a great tradition. When they stopped playing it every game the students were all pissed. We're so glad it's back. Not sure why the hate...
    Wagonwheel is great if your objective is to put the crowd to sleep. You need a song that's fast, get's people on their feet and gets the blood pumping. That's one reason Sandman, Welcome to the Jungle, AC/DC songs, etc... are so popular for many schools. Wagonwheel is a nice little song, but it doesn't make you want to go kick some azzz.....it makes you want to go drink whiskey and dream about the girl you once knew.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ongs-in-sports
    Last edited by HogDawg; 10-18-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wagonwheel is great if your objective is to put the crowd to sleep. You need a song that's fast, get's people on their feet and gets the blood pumping. That's one reason Sandman, Welcome to the Jungle, AC/DC songs, etc... are so popular for many schools. Wagonwheel is a nice little song, but it doesn't make you want to go kick some azzz.....it makes you want to go drink whiskey and dream about the girl you once knew.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ongs-in-sports
    Those aren't unique. Its generic.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Has LaTech ever invited Mac Davis to sing the national anthem and then participate in the post-game festivities? Does Doc know who Mac Davis is?

Varsity Bulldog techdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud oftechdawg28 has much to be proud of techdawg28's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Who's hating on Wagon Wheel?

Last game Neck played because they didn't play all game. Typical protocol seems to be Fight Song- Alma Mater- Hard To Be Humble.

ps, they do that order for basketball games too
    That's been the order in the past, but lately they've been playing neck before HtbH, not just the last game.

As for basketball games, I always sing it then, too. One time we even got Robken to sway with us!

(whispers... I like the "Bulldogs" end zones...)

But yeah, screw "Dogs," we're the "Dawgs."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

That's been the order in the past, but lately they've been playing neck before HtbH, not just the last game.

As for basketball games, I always sing it then, too. One time we even got Robken to sway with us!

(whispers... I like the "Bulldogs" end zones...)

But yeah, screw "Dogs," we're the "Dawgs."
    Some frat guy from Georgia called our AD and threatened to sue EllAyeTech if we kept using Dawgs. He said Georgia had a copyright. An emergency meeting was held, everybody was in a panic and Dawgs was scrapped forever.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Some frat guy from Georgia called our AD and threatened to sue EllAyeTech if we kept using Dawgs. He said Georgia had a copyright. An emergency meeting was held, everybody was in a panic and Dawgs was scrapped forever.
    I know that's TIC. But sadly, it sounds plausible.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    Has LaTech ever invited Mac Davis to sing the national anthem and then participate in the post-game festivities? Does Doc know who Mac Davis is?
    I'm curious who was the first to sing Hard to Be Humble as a victory song. The Arkansas students sang it (after the NMSU game, doubt I'll hear it this weekend...)

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm curious who was the first to sing Hard to Be Humble as a victory song. The Arkansas students sang it (after the NMSU game, doubt I'll hear it this weekend...)
    Robken took it to Arkansas

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    ... a singer??

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    ... a singer??
    Better than any "singer" you've ever known. 8 tracks worked the best.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UauHDIlhvTk

+ Reply to Thread