+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: My Tech Pet Peeves

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Re: My Tech Pet Peeves

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    That's been the order in the past, but lately they've been playing neck before HtbH, not just the last game.

As for basketball games, I always sing it then, too. One time we even got Robken to sway with us!

(whispers... I like the "Bulldogs" end zones...)

But yeah, screw "Dogs," we're the "Dawgs."
    That wouldn't be right... Neck was definitely not played after that MSU game. Hopefully its played during the game saturday.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Neck is no longer PC because of idiotic lsu students.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Neck is no longer PC because of idiotic lsu students.
    Their issues do not concern us.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech52 View Post
    Their issues do not concern us.
    I don't believe they do, but apparently our Admin thinks we need to react to the goings on at lsu...see the false alarm issued to the frats in Hideaway park for the USA game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techdawg28 View Post
    (whispers... I like the "Bulldogs" end zones...)
    What was wrong with TECH in the end zone at JAS like we've had for decades and decades?

Why do you think BULLDOGS is better than TECH in the end zone?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Some frat guy from Georgia called our AD and threatened to sue EllAyeTech if we kept using Dawgs. He said Georgia had a copyright. An emergency meeting was held, everybody was in a panic and Dawgs was scrapped forever.
    While other schools ignored them and still use Dawgs. Also, Georgia has no rights to Dunkin' Dawgs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    What was wrong with TECH in the end zone at JAS like we've had for decades and decades?

Why do you think BULLDOGS is better than TECH in the end zone?
    That doesn't seem to be what he said. He said he liked the BULLDOGS. I also like the BULLDOGS. It's fine. That doesnt mean there was anything wrong with TECH, or that we don't like TECH, or that we think BULLDOGS is better than TECH. To me its just a lateral move. Neither is superior to the other. I couldn't care less about what's on the endzone.

That doesn't seem to be what he said. He said he liked the BULLDOGS. I also like the BULLDOGS. It's fine. That doesnt mean there was anything wrong with TECH, or that we don't like TECH, or that we think BULLDOGS is better than TECH. To me its just a lateral move. Neither is superior to the other. I couldn't care less about what's on the endzone.
    It's about tradition. Was anybody complaining about TECH? No. We have an NSU grad and a Middle Tenn grad changing things that have been around TECH for years.

He can speak for himself.

And it wasn't a lateral move. It was a downgrade. Not only did our NWST AD kill a great TECH tradition for no good reason, TECH branding is far superior to Bulldogs. TECH is one of the great things that separates us from all the directional, hyphenated, and city "G5" schools. And Bulldogs is not a unique nickname identifiable to TECH as there are like a billion schools and teams with that nickname. It also jumbles up the end zone design unnecessarily with twice as many characters. Not a single person has ever given a single reason for the change.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Our Athletic Dept's decision making process:

1) What is something that makes Tech unique, distinct, or excellent?

2a) Now, how can we make or do the opposite of that?
    2b) How can we minimize input from the public in carrying it out?

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Our Athletic Dept's decision making process:

1) What is something that makes Tech unique, distinct, or excellent?

2a) Now, how can we make or do the opposite of that?
    2b) How can we minimize input from the public in carrying it out?

3. Everyone pretend you don’t have a cell phone, office phone, email, or any form of social media. That way we have plausible deniability when we don’t respond.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

My new peeve is that Holtz is slowly but surely instilling into Tech to do what ever it takes to lose. The man has no killer instinct whatsoever. He treats everyone around him as if they’re made of glass (refs & players) and that if he was to get animated about anything he might hurt someone’s feelings.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    My new peeve is that Holtz is slowly but surely instilling into Tech to do what ever it takes to lose. The man has no killer instinct whatsoever. He treats everyone around him as if they’re made of glass (refs & players) and that if he was to get animated about anything he might hurt someone’s feelings.
    That's why the players love him. No pressure to compete or perform because he's always going to be their buddy.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

LOOK, A HOLTZ DOLL!!!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Refs love him too!

Anyone notice the USM coach had the officials on the defensive when he would talk/question to them?

+ Reply to Thread