+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steve Bannon

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Steve Bannon

I know some will play the racist white nationalist card and other will tell us what good conservatives the RINOs are, but at this point Ted Cruz is the only one who is safe from Bannon's wrath. I love this and anybody who was SICK of the GOP before Trump should be as well...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...ces/index.html

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Steve Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I know some will play the racist white nationalist card and other will tell us what good conservatives the RINOs are, but at this point Ted Cruz is the only one who is safe from Bannon's wrath. I love this and anybody who was SICK of the GOP before Trump should be as well...

http://www.cnn.com/2017/10/08/politi...ces/index.html
    Sic'em!!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Kind of disturbing how you guys support deranged sociopaths.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Kind of disturbing how you guys support deranged sociopaths.
    You bit

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

How did Bannon’s guy lose when Sessions got what? 97%

Champ dawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the roughdawgcrazy is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    How did Bannon’s guy lose when Sessions got what? 97%
    I'm sure that's a snide remark, but just in case...as a registered Republican who has lived in Alabama since 2005, Moore was by far the worst candidate I've seen in my time in this state before all the scandals came out. Sessions ran unopposed in 2014. I could not vote for him yesterday, and if I were to make the same decision tomorrow knowing the result I would do the same thing again.

Moore may not hold the honor for long, though. Our incumbent state auditor may be the worst candidate next time he comes up for election.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Shapiro
    He doesn’t care whether Republicans win or lose — he’ll just keep on blaming the “establishment” for the candidates he supports losing unlose-able races, and hoping that anti-media, “anti-establishment” ire will carry the day. But Republicans would be fools to think of him as anything but the charlatan he is, considering that he was far more responsible for the Republican Senate majority shrinking to a single vote, endangering Trump’s legislative agenda, than any other supposedly-major political figure.
    Good stuff here: 6 Big Lessons From Roy Moore's Huge Alabama Disaster

Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Trump knew Moore was a bad candidate, he supported Strange in the republican runoff.

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

I read Breitbart regularly and I identify with a lot of Bannon's politics, but its gotten to the point where he has become a demagogue. The Roy Moore election was a total cluster and I was physically ill watching the returns last night. The only saving grace is that Jones will have to vote conservative to stay viable.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Trump knew Moore was a bad candidate, he supported Strange in the republican runoff.
    He supported two candidates...both lost. A sign of things to come?

He supported two candidates...both lost. A sign of things to come?
    I know that's what you hope for (bad things), but he is not a politician. Sometimes politics overrides reason, like when so many of our otherwise conservative voters in Louisiana voted for that idiot lying governor we have instead of a proven conservative with baggage.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I know that's what you hope for (bad things), but he is not a politician.
    You know? I think maybe you don't know as much as you think. I have hoped for a long time that Trump would begin to govern in a way that would further conservatism. I have predicted that he will not. He has not and I see no sign that he will. Bannon and his ideology is cancerous and it will be detrimental for our nation. He bastardizes conservatism in order to push nationalistic populism. He needs to be excised like the tumor he is.

Whether he's a politician or not is of no consequence. He's got the highest political office in the land. What many love so much about him has been an incredible negative in terms of actually putting policy in place. If he relents, perhaps, there's a future for a conservative opposition party. Should he double down, the dems will own the public discourse.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KSDAWG View Post
    I read Breitbart regularly and I identify with a lot of Bannon's politics, but its gotten to the point where he has become a demagogue. The Roy Moore election was a total cluster and I was physically ill watching the returns last night. The only saving grace is that Jones will have to vote conservative to stay viable.
    He won't.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    He won't.
    Jones is a sitting duck provided that the republicans don't rely on Bannon to pick his opponent the next go round. Hopefully this populist experiment will be over by that time.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

You know? I think maybe you don't know as much as you think. I have hoped for a long time that Trump would begin to govern in a way that would further conservatism. I have predicted that he will not. He has not and I see no sign that he will. Bannon and his ideology is cancerous and it will be detrimental for our nation. He bastardizes conservatism in order to push nationalistic populism. He needs to be excised like the tumor he is.

Whether he's a politician or not is of no consequence. He's got the highest political office in the land. What many love so much about him has been an incredible negative in terms of actually putting policy in place. If he relents, perhaps, there's a future for a conservative opposition party. Should he double down, the dems will own the public discourse.
    Define conservatism.

From where I sit, I see someone who is at least as conservative as Reagan was, If you say his trade policies are not conservative because they are not "free trade", I would counter that it is impossible to have truly free trade unless it exists on both sides of the trade. Being an American, I want the market to determine who wins and who losers, not the Government via massive trade deals that promote some American businesses and handcuff others.

Also, the decline of our manufacturing base under "free trade" deals has left us vulnerable militarily. I don't ever want to have to depend on a foreign entity to provide America with military hardware should we need it. Even International Harvester produced M1 Garands during WW2.

Conservatism = what then? People throw that word out like it's some sort of holy grail, but it seems to mean different things to different people. By attacking "nationalism" do you mean to imply that conservatism embodies "globalism"? Is it possible to be a "global" conservative?

Conservative traits: Strong national defense, limited government, low taxation, the belief in American exceptionalism, equal justice for all, free trade, free enterprise and equal opportunity. If the repubs of yesterday are the conservatives, I don't want anything to do with them. They talk a lot and pontificate about their ideas, but they do nothing. They quickly sell out all of those conservative values for favorable treatment by a press that hates them.

+ Reply to Thread