+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Steve Bannon

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Re: Steve Bannon

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Hahaha!

I couldn't have set it up better. Perfect Trumpism. As long as you tell me what I already thought, you're exactly right. Anything that disagrees is fake news or just stated out of hate.

You never have to engage in an argument...and thus, you never have to lose one.

At this, Trump is brilliant. Of course, you guys are getting played and loving every minute of it.

Even if you love Trump and his ideas, you have to admit that he's done a crappy job of building consensus around his ideas. How many converts does he have? You'll no doubt respond that it's just because he's not a politician. Well, if not being a politician makes him ineffective, what has he accomplished?
    And there's the straw man again.

Predictable.

We don't need to engage in an argument because you (think you) have both sides covered.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Hahaha!

Perfect
    So you believe Obama was perfect and worship the ground he walks on (or the toilet seat he sits on that Trump should not be allowed to clean, according to the USA Today).

Well, that is just like you liberal dems.

There, I argued like you. I took one piece of your thought, assigned to it whatever meaning I wanted, then argued with it as if you had said it. I was a little light on the ridicule and indignation, however. I promise to get better.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Even if you love Trump and his ideas, you have to admit that he's done a crappy job of building consensus around his ideas.
    Did he campaign on "building consensus"? No! He was elected BECAUSE he didn't promise to "build consensus". That is such a fake RINO term.

BTW, your boy Rubio is balking on the tax bill. He is demanding a larger refund to those who don't pay taxes.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    And there's the straw man again.
    I can see why you would hope so, but you're mistaken. How about you engage with what I wrote about conservatism? Or better yet, engage the article I linked.

A Trump supporter having a low ridicule tolerance is incredibly rich.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Did he campaign on "building consensus"? No! He was elected BECAUSE he didn't promise to "build consensus". That is such a fake RINO term.
    He ran on making America great again. So far, all he's done is rescind executive orders and appointed a SCOTUS judge...things any of his primary opponents would've done. If he doesn't increase his current levels of support (call it whatever you like), how is he going to get reelected? How is he going to create an environment where a majority of voters (something he didn't get the first time around) buy into his vision for America?

Are you guys really so short sighted to believe that Trump can just tweet and muddle his way through procedure and actual lasting change will be achieved?

I know you're not...so what gives?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

So far, all he's done is rescind executive orders and appointed a SCOTUS judge...things any of his primary opponents would've done.
    No way his opponents other than Cruz wold have rescinded or issued the executive orders he has addressed.

The support he had is still there plus some. The only way he can lose is if the democrats can get out the black vote.

The support he had is still there plus some. The only way he can lose is if the democrats can get out the black vote.
    Plus who? You actually believe he can only lose if the minorities come out and vote? What do you think about what he's done to keep them home?

What if, just like in Alabama, evangelicals don't show up like they did in 2016? You saw that evangelical turnout was low in Alabama and the margin of victory was the write in right?

Champ KSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeKSDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

He ran on making America great again. So far, all he's done is rescind executive orders and appointed a SCOTUS judge...things any of his primary opponents would've done. If he doesn't increase his current levels of support (call it whatever you like), how is he going to get reelected? How is he going to create an environment where a majority of voters (something he didn't get the first time around) buy into his vision for America?

Are you guys really so short sighted to believe that Trump can just tweet and muddle his way through procedure and actual lasting change will be achieved?

I know you're not...so what gives?
    No you are wrong. Many of those who ran against him are in Congress and not doing a damn thing including building a wall.

What if, just like in Alabama, evangelicals don't show up like they did in 2016? You saw that evangelical turnout was low in Alabama and the margin of victory was the write in right?
    You think evangelicals are turning away from Trump? Seriously?

You think evangelicals are turning away from Trump? Seriously?
    Who would’ve predicted that they’d stay home in Alabama?

They don’t have to turn away, they just have to stay home. As the act continues to wear on, I certainly think his support won’t be as strong in 2020...if he sticks around that long.

What happens if the Dems run Cory Booker?

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Why would evangelicals support a candidate that throws his support behind a pedophile?

Ya know what, I think the problem here is that we are dealing with people that were born in the 1980s or after.

I remember this same kind of stuff being said about Reagan, except Reagan was viewed as MUCH more dangerous to the US and Republican party than even Trump. The consensus was that Reagan was going to start WW3 (and nuclear Armageddon) because he was just a clown cowboy, dimwit B-movie actor and he was not to be trusted. His tax cuts were to done to favor the rich corporate fat cats, and that same dialogue continued after they supercharged the economy. Most of the republican party could not stand to be in the same room with him.

All these accolades that are being heaped on Reagan these days were most certainly missing when he occupied the oval office. Same for Bush 1 and Bush 2, although they were popular with establishment republicans.

In 20 years they'll be saying "at least Trump..." about some other republican politician, and I guess you have to live through enough of that to understand what is going on.

Some time during the 1960s the media stopped being idealistic (they were liberal idealogues at that time) and started being partisan. Someone who has not been around that long would not see that, because that is all they have seen.

I think I will stop trying to insert logic here and just let time do the job it is supposed to do.

Who would’ve predicted that they’d stay home in Alabama?
    I didn't predict they would stay home in 'bama, but I knew they were not engaged. I would not have been had I been a voter. The guy made me ill before the fake news about the 14 year old became the mantra. That's all it took to turn the bible thumpers away, just as it did with Vitter vs. Edwards except our voters were just total dumb asses for favoring Edwards.

BTW, I told you blacks would not get out and vote for Clinton. You did not believe me.

I didn't predict they would stay home in 'bama, but I knew they were not engaged. I would not have been had I been a voter. The guy made me ill before the fake news about the 14 year old became the mantra. That's all it took to turn the bible thumpers away, just as it did with Vitter vs. Edwards except our voters were just total dumb asses for favoring Edwards.

BTW, I told you blacks would not get out and vote for Clinton. You did not believe me.
    I don’t recall us discussing that. I doubt I said they’d show up for her like they did for BHO.

You still haven’t told me who “plus some” is.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Trump isn't conservative on trade...you're right. I wish we had stronger manufacturing too. What has Trump done to fix that so far? His stated plan is only going to raise prices astronomically and his big business donors will never allow it anyway, so, like you've mentioned earlier, it's all talk and no action.

What do you mean by globalism? Conservative thinkers have long believed that capitalism should have a global impact and that it was the surest way to insure a solid national defense because when a country stands to lose economically by going to war, they usually find other options. In my critique of Bannon, I should've called him a nativist. Much of our current nationalism is misguided, but nativism is straight up unamerican.

On the strong national defense, Trump talks big and makes us less safe. People love the tough guy act, but what is it accomplishing?

Trump isn't leading on tax. Are some folks rates going down? Yes, just as our national debt goes up. Where do you think that will lead us? More taxes and state dependency. Trump is NOT a fiscal conservative.

So, he's not a fiscal conservative, a foreign policy conservative, or a social conservative.

He's trying to redefine conservatism and I hope he fails at that. Opposition to liberal ideology will be weaker if he does.

He's terrible at governing, but he's great at branding and ensuring that anything that goes wrong is someone else's fault...so his redefinition campaign has a good chance to succeed. That's when the losing bigly really starts.
    You need to stick to preaching out of the Bible, you're totally lost on politics. You don't even know the difference between a democrat and a muslim.

+ Reply to Thread