+ Reply to Thread

Thread: M. Basketball. Twelve Bulldog League Games to be Televised/Streamed

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. Twelve Bulldog League Games to be Televised/Streamed

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

The Conference USA office announced on Wednesday that the Louisiana Tech men’s basketball team will have 12 league games either televised or streamed for the upcoming 2017-18 season.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: M. Basketball. Twelve Bulldog League Games to be Televised/Streamed

Let me be the first to say this is great news. For as much grief as many have given C-USA over the TV deal, they've done a really good job with basketball exposure.

Now we get to wait and see if we get deals done with local TV to carry those Stadium broadcasts.

I'm also curious to see if our AD can get Tech's Learfield group to produce some of our games that weren't picked up: SFA, ULL, UTEP, Rice, USM.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Let me be the first to say this is great news. For as much grief as many have given C-USA over the TV deal, they've done a really good job with basketball exposure.

Now we get to wait and see if we get deals done with local TV to carry those Stadium broadcasts.

I'm also curious to see if our AD can get Tech's Learfield group to produce some of our games that weren't picked up: SFA, ULL, UTEP, Rice, USM.
    In the Past the weekday games have been on KTBS 3.3 (24 hour news). That would be good for OTA people (like me), Comcast (is it still on Channel 30 or somewhere), but not great for DirecTV/Dish folks.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    In the Past the weekday games have been on KTBS 3.3 (24 hour news). That would be good for OTA people (like me), Comcast (is it still on Channel 30 or somewhere), but not great for DirecTV/Dish folks.
    Like the satellite providers, U-verse also doesn't offer the KTBS digital subchannels either.

But the previous deal was with ASN, which required either 6 or 8 PM weekday starts, and the 8 PM tips conflicted with KPXJ's 9 PM newscast. That conflict is why those 8 PM games were unfortunately moved to the KTBS 24-hr news subchannel. The weekend and weekday 6 PM starts were fine on KPXJ. Because Stadium is more flexible than ASN, the good news this year is that only 1 of our 10 FB/MBB games on Stadium (MBB at UTEP) will conflict with KPXJ's 9 PM news plus a 50% chance the C-USA Tourney Quarterfinal will conflict. Not bad at all. That's good news for many of us. Plus now there are also many streaming options that we didn't have before.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I love that the Quarters will be played at the same time.

Thur 3/8 Men's Basketball Quarterfinal Stadium 7 p.m. ET/6 p.m. CT
    Thur 3/8 Men's Basketball Quarterfinal Stadium 7:30 p.m. ET/6:30 p.m. CT
    Thur 3/8 Men's Basketball Quarterfinal Stadium 9:30 p.m. ET/8:30 p.m. CT
    Thur 3/8 Men's Basketball Quarterfinal Stadium 10 p.m. ET/9 p.m. CT

I would expect some Stadium on Facebook games added later. Not sure if we'll get any.

+ Reply to Thread