+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: QB Jack Abraham

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Re: QB Jack Abraham

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ....So you are saying it's a coaching issue?
    No. We shouldn’t gameplan for J’mar to run first.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    No. We shouldn’t gameplan for J’mar to run first.
    I don't think anyone --at least anyone I've seen here on BB&B-- is promoting a "run first" game plan. But when your receivers are struggling to get open, and our QB has 20 yards of wide open field in front of him, common sense needs to kick in that says "tuck it, and run". But right now, J'Mar is just very slow at making QB decisions. He just hasn't caught up with the speed of the game yet.

One other thing...J'Mar is not fooling anyone on the "fake QB keeper" handoff to the RB if he never keeps it and runs it himself. That's been a big problem. The defenses we've faced so far have essentially cheated and overwhelmed our RB's on that play, because they KNOW J'Mar is never going to keep the ball. They don't respect his ability to keep it and run. For goodness sake, you have to keep the defense guessing. And J'Mar is just not doing that right now. BTW, Jeff Driskel was very good at this. The defense couldn't cheat on the same play because Driskel was very likely to keep the ball and run it instead of handing it off. It's one reason why Driskel personally rushed for 5 TD's in 2015, and J'Mar still hasn't scored a rushing TD yet.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

At this point in the season and with our record when J'Mar runs he should run like a running back. Get all he can and only go down when tackled . If we do not win Saturday the rest of the season does not mean much. Skip needs to turn him loose.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone --at least anyone I've seen here on BB&B-- is promoting a "run first" game plan. But when your receivers are struggling to get open, and our QB has 20 yards of wide open field in front of him, common sense needs to kick in that says "tuck it, and run". But right now, J'Mar is just very slow at making QB decisions. He just hasn't caught up with the speed of the game yet.

One other thing...J'Mar is not fooling anyone on the "fake QB keeper" handoff to the RB if he never keeps it and runs it himself. That's been a big problem. The defenses we've faced so far have essentially cheated and overwhelmed our RB's on that play, because they KNOW J'Mar is never going to keep the ball. They don't respect his ability to keep it and run. For goodness sake, you have to keep the defense guessing. And J'Mar is just not doing that right now. BTW, Jeff Driskel was very good at this. The defense couldn't cheat on the same play because Driskel was very likely to keep the ball and run it instead of handing it off. It's one reason why Driskel personally rushed for 5 TD's in 2015, and J'Mar still hasn't scored a rushing TD yet.
    Excellent post!

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Our OC loves to run our QB. You will see them running often this weekend. If Keon Howard is playing qb and runs the ball, USM fans watching will be a nervous wreck. He has a propensity to fumble often.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I think it's hilarious that some of y'all actually believe that J'Mar's sliding is not something he's being COACHED to do. "He slides cause he's a pansy", no, he slides because we've got nothing behind him and that's what Holtz is TELLING him to do.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I think it's hilarious that some of y'all actually believe that J'Mar's sliding is not something he's being COACHED to do. "He slides cause he's a pansy", no, he slides because we've got nothing behind him and that's what Holtz is TELLING him to do.
    I wish he'd slide in a way that's not gonna snap his leg off at the knees when his shoes catch in the turf and a linebacker falls on him.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

I agree. I was just telling nadB to not compare Smith to Jalen Hurts because he is used like a running back.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I wish he'd slide in a way that's not gonna snap his leg off at the knees when his shoes catch in the turf and a linebacker falls on him.
    I've wondered if it is the difference in turf between baseball and football. The football field is new while the baseball infield has already worn a bunch around the bases. His football slides have looked awkward. Shouldn't be a problem on wet turf on Saturday though.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I know this...the past three seasons, with Sokol, Driskell, and Higgins at QB, by the midway point of the season you could see the offense had found its stride, and I had complete confidence in our O to deliver game after game. Now, I had concerns about our defense not being able to stop anyone. But, the offense was rolling after 6 games (or about to). I gave Smith the benefit of the doubt insomuch as 3 of his first 5 career starts were against SEC defenses. I posted as much too. But, the past two outings vs. S. Bama and UAB provide no excuses. A good QB would have led his team to 40+ in both games.

Now, we'll see. USM's defense is better than the previous two opponents, and their offense might eat up the clock denying our O a possession or two. This is it Smith, put up or shut up. Show us something. If he does (and I hope he does) I'll be among the first to post here saying so. I hope I have to.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    If I ever see Jalen Hurts slide, I'll think about giving J'Mar a pass for doing it.
    If we had a Tua Tagovailoa, then I wouldn't mind seeing J'Mar be a little more aggressive in the running game. He's being coached to be careful because we do not have a backup quarterback.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Apart from the sacks, I think J'Mar has averaged about 50 yards rushing for the last 2 games. That's about what I'd like to see from him running the ball. To me, it's more about consistent rushing from the running backs.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Apart from the sacks, I think J'Mar has averaged about 50 yards rushing for the last 2 games. That's about what I'd like to see from him running the ball. To me, it's more about consistent rushing from the running backs.
    https://www.footballstudyhall.com/pa...stical-profile

JMar is averaging about 3.7 highlight yards per opportunity. That's defined as yards credited solely to the runner (without the influence of blockers). Thats about on par with Craft (3.8).

Boston, on the other hand, is at a whopping 6.1!! Yet he has 20 fewer touches than Craft, despite nearly the same total production.

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Getting back to Jack Abraham, I seem to remember at least one post indicating that he was a student of the game and spent a lot of time in the film room. If this is true, he would be a QB that is prepared to make decisions on the fly and would be a threat.
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by WWDog View Post
    Getting back to Jack Abraham, I seem to remember at least one post indicating that he was a student of the game and spent a lot of time in the film room. If this is true, he would be a QB that is prepared to make decisions on the fly and would be a threat.
    Just like Isham

+ Reply to Thread