+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Losers

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Losers

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Bowl game? Who cares about a bowl game? This team just needs a WIN. This team has literally given away 3 straight games. They don't need to be thinking about a stupid bowl game against a most likely no-name opponent. They need a WIN, and they need it this week.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Right now we could not sell an allotment of 2000 to a bowl game in Shreveport. Which is similar to what nlulm and the MAC team could not do combined in 2012.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Right now we could not sell an allotment of 2000 to a bowl game in Shreveport. Which is similar to what nlulm and the MAC team could not do combined in 2012.
    Agreed. I certainly wouldn't buy bowl tickets right now. I gotta know that the coaches and players care as much about winning as I do. And right now, that is not apparent.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Agreed. I certainly wouldn't buy bowl tickets right now. I gotta know that the coaches and players care as much about winning as I do. And right now, that is not apparent.
    Nice shirt your color blind arse had on last night. I wore my lucky red out shirt.

BTW, what is our record in these STUPID red out games that fans have stopped attending or observing?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Nice shirt your color blind arse had on last night. I wore my lucky red out shirt.

BTW, what is our record in these STUPID red out games that fans have stopped attending or observing?
    I'm not sure about the record in red out games. But it can't be good. It seems like we've been losing these stupid "red out" games ever since they started.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Bowl game? Who cares about a bowl game? This team just needs a WIN. This team has literally given away 3 straight games. They don't need to be thinking about a stupid bowl game against a most likely no-name opponent. They need a WIN, and they need it this week.
    This one was hard to watch....before the big messups at the end. No, I've not penciled in a bowl game. Find some heart where I think the unexpected can happen, and I'd love to change my thoughts on that matter. I LOVE Tech games. Getting together with our family and enjoying the game together, but this one was boring even before the rain delay....and within mere minutes after it. I'm certain I'd have not stayed to the end had I not ridden with my folks to the game. We used to get punished with chores for saying the word "boring" around my mom since smart people don't get bored. But, last night she even referred to the word. It was rough!

Quote Originally Posted by markay714 View Post
    This one was hard to watch....before the big messups at the end. No, I've not penciled in a bowl game. Find some heart where I think the unexpected can happen, and I'd love to change my thoughts on that matter. I LOVE Tech games. Getting together with our family and enjoying the game together, but this one was boring even before the rain delay....and within mere minutes after it. I'm certain I'd have not stayed to the end had I not ridden with my folks to the game. We used to get punished with chores for saying the word "boring" around my mom since smart people don't get bored. But, last night she even referred to the word. It was rough!
    I agree. The people in our section were talking about how boring the game was long before the "exciting" 4th quarter and OT. And that's just another reason why I say, who really cares about watching this team in a bowl game? They are boring as hell just playing at home.

Anyway, good to see you posting again, Markay. We don't hear from you often enough here on BB&B.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

We all love exciting football, it's fun, sells tickets, and get's good air time, but let's face it, not all games are exciting, but we have cornered the boring market. The farther this season goes, the more fans and respect we lose, we are not playing exciting football, nail-biters in the fourth quarter maybe, but not consistently exciting.

When Skip was hired he agreed to run the hurry-up offense, the boosters, the fans, the president wanted it as far as I know, we have slowly turned into a completely different animal now.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

It's boring because you old coots on the West side only "get involved" on third down, and the cheerleaders are still louder than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    It's boring because you old coots on the West side only "get involved" on third down, and the cheerleaders are still louder than you.
    It was boring because USM converted TEN 3rd-down plays and ONE 4th-down play into 1st downs against LA Tech. USM was 10 of 23 (43%) in 3rd down proficiency. Meanwhile Tech was only 2 of 12 (16.7%) in converting 3rd downs to 1st downs.

USM gained 30 1st downs compared to LA Tech's 15

USM had possession of the ball 41 minutes, compared to LA Tech's 19 minutes. Let that sink in a minute. That's the most lopsided Time of Possession I've ever heard of.

USM ran 98 offensive plays compared to LA Tech's 62 plays.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...meId=400938640

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The USM offense held the ball most of the game and even their fans said it was boring and lackluster game until the last 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The USM offense held the ball most of the game and even their fans said it was boring and lackluster game until the last 90 seconds.
    The game moved too slowly. It seemed like we had constant play stoppages for one reason or another. We had stoppages for weather delays, injury timeouts, play reviews. It took us 2 and 25 minutes just to play the first half. LA Tech could never get any offensive rhythm going. Every time we tried to, there seemed to be another stoppage in play.

+ Reply to Thread