+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: #10 Westin Elliot Deserves the next Stsrt

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

Re: #10 Westin Elliot Deserves the next Stsrt

Quote Originally Posted by hambone29 View Post
    I think our backup QBs transferred out bc J’Mar was anointed by Holtz and they knew they weren’t getting a fair shot, regardless if J’Mar stunk or not. Now we are stuck. Hopefully Elliot gets a chance this season...

And hopefully Elijah Walker wins the job next year. J’Mar just doesn’t have it and it’s hard to imagine him improving much.
    I wouldn't mind seeing Walker this season if he's ready.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

I'd like to see "anybody but J'Mar" starting right now.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I think our backup QBs transferred out bc J’Mar was anointed by Holtz and they knew they weren’t getting a fair shot, regardless if J’Mar stunk or not. Now we are stuck. Hopefully Elliot gets a chance this season...

And hopefully Elijah Walker wins the job next year. J’Mar just doesn’t have it and it’s hard to imagine him improving much.
    That is exactly what I think.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Won’t matter which QB we start if they have to play behind that OLine.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

Higgins played behind this OL last year but had a quicker release and didn't hold the ball as long. Also had some fire in his belly when things broke down.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Higgins played behind this OL last year but had a quicker release and didn't hold the ball as long. Also had some fire in his belly when things broke down.
    And 2 NFL WRs. Higgins was just as bad as Smith when he was a RS Soph.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Exactly! J'Mar's release is considerably slower and he takes to much time to decide what to do. Also, Higgins and Driskel instinctively knew when to take off and run! There were several times last night were he could have easily ran for a first down or more but instead he choose to chunk the ball 50 yards into double or triple coverage.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    And 2 NFL WRs. Higgins was just as bad as Smith when he was a RS Soph.
    Sokol was the starting Quarterback at Tech when Higgins was a RS Soph. Higgins was a RS Freshmen when he started in 2013 and had less talent around him then J'Mar does now. I think Andrew Guillot was Tech's best receiver when Higgins was starting as a RS Freshman.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    That is exactly what I think.
    I'm pretty sure y'all are right. It seems to be the way COYHCSH does business. Even with those who have proven to be better like Lee and Martin he favors lesser talent. That being said, I believe either of those quitters would be getting a shot now if they had stuck around.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    Higgins was a RS Freshmen when he started in 2013 and had less talent around him then J'Mar does now. I think Andrew Guillot was Tech's best receiver when Higgins was starting as a RS Freshman.
    That's debatable. Guillot could catch!

My point still stands that it's been a LONG time since we've had a QB this young. Pair that with a drastic drop in WR talent and we were ripe for a tough year on O.

I don't think those calling for Elliot will get their wish, but I understand the sentiment. I think our biggest problem right now is coaching.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    J’Mar underperformed and hung his head most the game. The team needs a leader not a defeatist. His lack of effort should cost him the next start

My other point will come as no surprise to anyone. Holtz is the most accomplished loser I’ve ever seen. He is also the best I’ve ever seen at getting beat and not being upset about.
    Not sure why you think Holtz wasn't upset about losing. The shots of him on the sidelines on my TV set after Southern Miss tied the game made me think he was very upset and sick.

My point still stands that it's been a LONG time since we've had a QB this young. Pair that with a drastic drop in WR talent and we were ripe for a tough year on O.

I don't think those calling for Elliot will get their wish, but I understand the sentiment. I think our biggest problem right now is coaching.
    Fair enough. I hope to God J'Mar can turn it around but he's regressing right now. Play calling has definitely been less than stellar. Thank God were playing Rice next week.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. I dont think Elliot will FIX our problem, but I'd like to see something different. Might as well play these guys since we're not playing for anything important anymore.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

My wish is for 9k or less to show up to the next two games so the AD is forced to make a change

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gladzilla View Post
    My wish is for 9k or less to show up to the next two games so the AD is forced to make a change
    He'll announce 17k anyway so what

+ Reply to Thread