+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: #10 Westin Elliot Deserves the next Stsrt

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Re: #10 Westin Elliot Deserves the next Stsrt

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    You're right. I dont think Elliot will FIX our problem, but I'd like to see something different. Might as well play these guys since we're not playing for anything important anymore.
    The season is still not over and there's a lot left to play for. One game at a time. This team needs our support! We still have our toughest games left at home. If we win out we could finish 8 - 4 and could still win the CUSA West Division depending on how the other teams do. This season is long way from over! I was disappointed by the attendance last night. I know the threat of rain will drive a lot of fans away but I still thought we would have a better showing. North Texas, FAU, UTSA are not that good. We played horrible against Southern Miss. and still barely lost. If we can get our offense clicking then we should win out. Our defense is getting better each game.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    The season is still not over and there's a lot left to play for. One game at a time. This team needs our support! We still have our toughest games left at home. If we win out we could finish 8 - 4 and could still win the CUSA West Division depending on how the other teams do. This season is long way from over! I was disappointed by the attendance last night. I know the threat of rain will drive a lot of fans away but I still thought we would have a better showing. North Texas, FAU, UTSA are not that good. We played horrible against Southern Miss. and still barely lost. If we can get our offense clicking then we should win out. Our defense is getting better each game.
    While technically correct, you're assuming Holtz will do what it takes to win (whether that's pulling JMar or teaching him to do differently). We know that's not his MO. Holtz will continue to drive this train into the dirt.

"Depending on how the other teams do" is the only thing written in Skips new lean playbook.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    I'd like to see "anybody but J'Mar" starting right now.
    ^^THIS! I've been saying this since week 2 against Mississippi St. After the MSU game I even wrote a post about how good Weston Elliot looked on his ONLY drive this season, against Miss St. In his only appearance all season, Elliott drove the LA Tech offense 95 yards to pay dirt, and threw a beautiful TD pass to finish. Against an SEC defense. But for some reason, many of you arm chair QB's insisted that Elliott was totally incapable of handling the QB job.

I don't know if Elliott can play QB for us or not. But, we need to see. I do know that J"mar needs some time on the bench just to watch what's happening on the field.

Since week two, I've been saying this team JUST CAN'T SCORE, and a big part of it is because J'Mar is a terrible QB. I've talked about his holding the football too long, his slow decision making and his silly Ty Cobb sliding to avoid contact. But many of you defended him. And now, he's gotten even worse as we've moved deeper into our season. Simply put, J'Mar's problems are too numerous to even list now.

Fact is, just like Skip Holtz, many of you are guilty of being far too protective of J'Mar this season. Some of you are still doing it in this thread. Many of you chose to ignore his obvious failures. You said he was "young". You said he was "new" and "still learning". Many of you even made excuses for him, saying "he's being coached to slide". You chose to ignore his poor offensive stats, the lack of leadership and the lack of scoring. And now it's biting us.

I watched J'Mar throw at least 3 passes into the ground last night, 5 to 10 yards short of his receivers. That's bad folks.

Well, maybe all of your excuses are true. But it doesn't matter. As Teddy wrote last week, the defenses we face aren't going to wait for J'Mar to grow up. You have to quit putting J'Mar's welfare ahead of LA Tech's. Unfortunately, any changes we make now are probably too late to save the 2017 season.
    Last edited by HogDawg; 10-22-2017 at 06:14 PM.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

While technically correct, you're assuming Holtz will do what it takes to win (whether that's pulling JMar or teaching him to do differently). We know that's not his MO. Holtz will continue to drive this train into the dirt.

"Depending on how the other teams do" is the only thing written in Skips new lean playbook.
    I hear ya. Skips MO is to find a way to lose a game but I'll be there to the end supporting this team.

Champ Gladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud ofGladzilla has much to be proud of

He'll announce 17k anyway so what
    Then I guess don't tailgate.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

teaching him to do differently.
    You have never played quarterback, have you? Did you even play any competitive football? You can’t teach a quarterback a philosophy in a week. He has the ball every play. Guys can screw up and it’s covered by someone else.. happens every play. Quarterback is a whole different situation. You get the ball EVERY PLAY. You stick with what you have taught him and coach the people around him while calming him down. If he’s skipping throws regularly, it’s the coach that needs to make a change. You can’t coach a guy to have a better arm at this point. He’s had a full season and offseason knowing he’ll be this years starter.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    You have never played quarterback, have you? Did you even play any competitive football? You can’t teach a quarterback a philosophy in a week. He has the ball every play. Guys can screw up and it’s covered by someone else.. happens every play. Quarterback is a whole different situation. You get the ball EVERY PLAY. You stick with what you have taught him and coach the people around him while calming him down. If he’s skipping throws regularly, it’s the coach that needs to make a change. You can’t coach a guy to have a better arm at this point. He’s had a full season and offseason knowing he’ll be this years starter.
    Thats kinda my point.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

You're right. I dont think Elliot will FIX our problem, but I'd like to see something different. Might as well play these guys since we're not playing for anything important anymore.
    Pretty much how I feel at this point too. The Championship is out the window, so what the hell, play Elliot and see what happens. Consider it early try outs for next year.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The "championship" has never been important to COYHCSH or our AD. Forget about it!

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t know who the answer is. I love every player who wears our uniform and represents us well at school and in the community. However, no ones spot is sacred. Coach needs to act. Do something.........

+ Reply to Thread