+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No words....Almost

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Question No words....Almost

Speechless???? Yea I would love to say I was, but like everyone else, I GOTTA VENT!

We have always been able to point to someone or something and lay the blame there, heck, I don't even know where to start with this program.
    Does everyone remember when we hired Skip the USF guys were coming on here and giving us warning? Remember they warned us that once Skip got his players here they would all lose respect for him and our team would lose it's soul? Has that happened?

Who he heck is calling these plays, each week skip brags that we have simplified the playbooks for our defense and offense, what does that really mean? Can our players not handle a complete defensive or offensive scheme, or can our coordinators, positions coaches, and head coach just not teach it? Maybe it is both, we may have lowered our football IQ from the coaches all the way down to the players.

We talk about hiring a new DC, what if we did, will Skip not medal in his coaching, what good would a new do us? What about our OC, I bet more people on this board can tell you the name of LSU's OC than they can ours. Why do we not ever hear of what a great game he called, I never hear anyone mention the OC, something is very wrong with that picture.

We have a QB that does not lead, does not motivate, does not like to make contact(watch his touchdown run), and may have lost the confidence of the team. Think about it, maybe the O line does not feel motivated to protect him. Not trying to lay this all at J'Mars feet, but he has to shoulder some of it, No matter how bad or good the coach, the QB's talents or lack of them will shine through eventually. I see no chemistry, none, am I wrong?

We probably all take this way to serious, but dang it is frustrating, I am so afraid we are headed down a path now that we cannot easily return from. Skip has advanced our program, he did it with some of Dikes players and some of his own, they are all his now and our program may have peaked under Skips leadership.

What now?
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 10-23-2017 at 11:24 AM.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No words....Almost

I am afraid that we are headed for a hole that is going to last a very long time. Those new stadium lights are going to be illuminating a lot of empty concrete for the next few years.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Stop ripping our QB. It’s up to Rattay to teach and our HC to make the call on who starts. Is it J’mar’s fault we lost our two backups to transfer? That screams coaching IMO.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Stop ripping our QB. It’s up to Rattay to teach and our HC to make the call on who starts. Is it J’mar’s fault we lost our two backups to transfer? That screams coaching IMO.
    Yes, a lot goes back to coaching, Coaches built up some unrealistic expectations for what our QB could do, I blame that directly on Skip, I believe he micro-manages and meddles.
    Now J'Mar, it is what it is, his play may be due to talent level, coaching, or just some kind of mental funk, but again, it is what it is, we need to recognize it as that.

We will probably never know why we lost two backups, not the truth anyway, and that situation could scream a lot of different things.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

You're right on that. Coach Holtz please bench J'Mar and start Weston Elliot. Coaching only goes so far. It's up to J'Mar to execute. Play calling has been suspect all year but that doesn't excuse J'Mar's horrid performance. To whom much is given much is expected.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    You're right on that. Coach Holtz please bench J'Mar and start Weston Elliot. Coaching only goes so far. It's up to J'Mar to execute. Play calling has been suspect all year but that doesn't excuse J'Mar's horrid performance. To whom much is given much is expected.
    I agree with that. I just can’t read this board and see all of this negativity toward J’Mar. I believe he is giving his best.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't even hardly post this morning. Just will say this - I have never seen such a complete meltdown at the end of a game before from Tech AND our offense is anemic. I am not upset with our defense, though. They gave up some, but our offense is the problem.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

It is a very sad day

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I just can't even hardly post this morning. Just will say this - I have never seen such a complete meltdown at the end of a game before from Tech AND our offense is anemic. I am not upset with our defense, though. They gave up some, but our offense is the problem.
    I would have to say I agree with that for the most part, we have "sufficient" defense to keep us in a game, but a regressing offense.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I agree with that. I just can’t read this board and see all of this negativity toward J’Mar. I believe he is giving his best.
    I don't. I think J'Mar is giving us a half-assed effort. There was no excuse for those 3 or 4 passes J'Mar threw into the turf last night when we had wide open receivers. And what about that "slide" he did last night.....2 yards short of a 1st down, and the nearest defender at least 5 yards away?

Yep, those were half assed efforts. But IMO, J'Mar's biggest problem is that he's just not a QB. A big athlete, yes. A QB, no. J'Mar Smith = Brian Stallworth.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Our defense was on the field ALL NIGHT LONG because our offense couldn't keep the football.

Look at the Time of Possession: USM 40:52, LA Tech 19:08. That means USM had the ball over twice as long as us. That's the most lopsided "Time of Possession" I've ever heard of. EVER!!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/matchup?gameId=400938640

Southern Miss had 30 first downs to our 15.

Southern Miss ran 98 offensive plays to LA Tech's 62. So USM ran 36 more offensive plays than Tech. That's just sick.

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

That counts in pee wee level sports, but performance is what matters when folks are paying out good money to attend games.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Speechless???? Yea I would love to say I was, but like everyone else, I GOTTA VENT!

We have always been able to point to someone or something and lay the blame there, heck, I don't even know where to start with this program.
    Does everyone remember when we hired Skip the USF guys were coming on here and giving us warning? Remember they warned us that once Skip got his players here they would all lose respect for him and our team would lose it's soul? Has that happened?

Who he heck is calling these plays, each week skip brags that we have simplified the playbooks for our defense and offense, what does that really mean? Can our players not handle a complete defensive or offensive scheme, or can our coordinators, positions coaches, and head coach just not teach it? Maybe it is both, we may have lowered our football IQ from the coaches all the way down to the players.

We talk about hiring a new DC, what if we did, will Skip not medal in his coaching, what good would a new do us? What about our OC, I bet more people on this board can tell you the name of LSU's OC than they can ours. Why do we not ever here of what a great game he called, I never hear anyone mention the OC, something is very wrong with that picture.

We have a QB that does not lead, does not motivate, does not like to make contact(watch his touchdown run), and may have lost the confidence of the team. Think about it, maybe the O line does not feel motivated to protect him. Not trying to lay this all at J'Mars feet, but he has to shoulder some of it, No matter how bad or good the coach, the QB's talents or lack of them will shine through eventually. I see no chemistry, none, am I wrong?

We probably all take this way to serious, but dang it is frustrating, I am so afraid we are headed down a path now that we cannot easily return from. Skip has advanced our program, he did it with some of Dikes players and some of his own, they are all his now and our program may have peaked under Skips leadership.

What now?
    That was a lot of words.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

I think J'Mar has played good enough for us to win just about every game this season. He is a first year starting Sophomore and plays like one. We've been spoiled by 5th year Seniors the last few years. Having said that, J'Mar played a very poor game last night. Plain and simple, this was by far his worst game of is young career and he needs to own it. There is enough blame to go around to plenty of others as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    That was a lot of words.
    Said I was gonna vent, you were free to not read it. JS

+ Reply to Thread