+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: J'Mar- Baseball or Football? Choose please

2011 NFL Survivor Champion nadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond reputenadB has a reputation beyond repute nadB's Avatar

Re: J'Mar- Baseball or Football? Choose please

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    You counting the 4th and 24 turnstile O Line sack/fumble in double OT against him says all I need to know about your view on the topic.
    Only count that matters is the box score stats. 2 fumbles; 1 lost (turnover).

ESPN raw QBR of 11.1 for the game (scale is 0 to 100).

My view on the topic is we need a different qb.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by nadB View Post
    Only count that matters is the box score stats. 2 fumbles; 1 lost (turnover).

ESPN raw QBR of 11.1 for the game (scale is 0 to 100).

My view on the topic is we need a different qb.
    agree!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Alright sir HD. So who is at fault? The incompetent player, or the coach that declared him a rockstar and continues to throw him to the wolves?
    You didn't answer my question. Are you related to J'Mar? It would certainly explain some of your comments and your apparent blind commitment to him.

I will answer your question; YES, I blame Skip Holtz. I have to seriously question the intelligence of any football coach who would let 2 very good "backup" QB's walk out the door and transfer this past summer, without having a better backup plan. Holtz has now put us in an absurd position, and IMO put our entire football program at risk. And all this happened AFTER Holtz and QB Coach Tim Rattay had the benefit of watching J'Mar throughout the spring and understanding his limitations. Right now I have no sympathy for Holtz or Rattay.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Don't throw Rattay under the bus, unless you know for sure Holtz actually listens to his advice. How do you know, if asked, Rattay didn't say Smith is our third best QB in camp? I cannot imagine Rattay actually thinks Smith is a legit college QB. No way! More likely Rattay has been ordered to suck it up and try to turn a turkey into an eagle.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    You can look back through my posts. I've been pro-JMar up until tonight. It's obvious after tonight that he isn't capable AT THIS TIME of getting the job done. He literally threw a 5 yard out route in the ground a good two yards away from the WR. I think he has the athleticism to be a good QB, but he's not there and he's getting worse. A little bench time might do him wonders.
    Agree, time to see what the other QB's on the roster can do!

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

J'Mar - Baseball or Football? This is actually pretty simple. It he can hit a baseball with anywhere close to the accuracy with which he completes passes, baseball is a no-brainer. He will be a first team All-American if he can go 11 for 28. That would be a .393 batting average.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Don't throw Rattay under the bus, unless you know for sure Holtz actually listens to his advice. How do you know, if asked, Rattay didn't say Smith is our third best QB in camp? I cannot imagine Rattay actually thinks Smith is a legit college QB. No way! More likely Rattay has been ordered to suck it up and try to turn a turkey into an eagle.
    Tim Rattay needs be held accountable for his team's QB performance as long as his name carries the title "QB Coach". If he doesn't want to be painted with the same brush as the head coach he works for, then he needs move on.

I've noticed that everyone here on BB&B has been very reluctant to place any blame at the feet of "St Tim". I know he's a hero to most Tech fans, but it's time to face some real facts. If it's like most coach-player relationships in college, J'Mar probably spends more time with Rattay than anyone else. J'Mar is halfway thru his 3rd season at LA Tech. That means Rattay has had more time to develop J'Mar than most QB coaches ever get. And if J'Mar is really a "turkey" as you state, then Rattay should have been begging Abraham and Wilson to stay instead of letting them transfer out.

Face the facts. Rattay and Holtz are the two guys that are in the position to exert the most influence on J'Mar's performance. Either J'Mar is not very good, or they (Holtz and Rattay) are not very good. Or both. Just because Rattay was one one of LA Tech's greatest players of all time doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Tim Rattay needs be held accountable for his team's QB performance as long as his name carries the title "QB Coach". If he doesn't want to be painted with the same brush as the head coach he works for, then he needs move on.

I've noticed that everyone here on BB&B has been very reluctant to place any blame at the feet of "St Tim". I know he's a hero to most Tech fans, but it's time to face some real facts. If it's like most coach-player relationships in college, J'Mar probably spends more time with Rattay than anyone else. J'Mar is halfway thru his 3rd season at LA Tech. That means Rattay has had more time to develop J'Mar than most QB coaches ever get. And if J'Mar is really a "turkey" as you state, then Rattay should have been begging Abraham and Wilson to stay instead of letting them transfer out.

Face the facts. Rattay and Holtz are the two guys that are in the position to exert the most influence on J'Mar's performance. Either J'Mar is not very good, or they (Holtz and Rattay) are not very good. Or both. Just because Rattay was one one of LA Tech's greatest players of all time doesn't necessarily mean he's a good coach.
    None of us WANT to hear that!

I posted something very similar to that in another thread when we were talking about Abraham transferring out, something smells. Rattay and/or Holtz, knew this was not going to work, like I said before they knew last year. Does everyone remember that Holtz stated they simplified the playbook for J'Mar last year at the Arkansas game, they are still using that simplified version.

SH or TR knew we had a problem, or at least I believe they did, so why do our backups get to transfer out? This is not a sudden development, one or both knew, what the rest of the story is from there is any-ones guess.
    Last edited by BhadDawg; 10-24-2017 at 12:29 AM.

I would like to see Tim be given a chance to prove his worth. What about the guy that coaches the WRs and is OC in title? What about the OL coach? There are a lot of problems on this team. The WR coach helped Skip get fired at USF and Skip brings him here, yea that makes a lot of sense.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If, big IF, Rattay is responsible for Smith being this lousy and/or causing us to be saddled with this bum as our starter, and no back-ups, then I'd say Rattay needs to seek a new career. But...I'm willing to give Rattay the benefit of the doubt until such time I know for sure.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    If, big IF, Rattay is responsible for Smith being this lousy and/or causing us to be saddled with this bum as our starter, and no back-ups, then I'd say Rattay needs to seek a new career. But...I'm willing to give Rattay the benefit of the doubt until such time I know for sure.
    Wasn't Rattay the QB coach last year? I'd say Higgins had a pretty good year under Rattay's tutelage.

Another thought--is it just coincidence that J'Mar's worst games were against two Mississippi teams and he is from Mississippi? Could he have been too amped up for those games? Probably not, but I thought it was a little odd. Probably has more to do with those teams having two of the better defenses we've faced.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldawg81 View Post
    Wasn't Rattay the QB coach last year? I'd say Higgins had a pretty good year under Rattay's tutelage.

Another thought--is it just coincidence that J'Mar's worst games were against two Mississippi teams and he is from Mississippi? Could he have been too amped up for those games? Probably not, but I thought it was a little odd. Probably has more to do with those teams having two of the better defenses we've faced.
    J'Mar? "Amped up?" J'Mar looks more like he needs a testosterone shot than being too amped up.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

J'Mar? "Amped up?" J'Mar looks more like he needs a testosterone shot than being too amped up.
    That made me crack up! I like that on HD.

Bulldog DiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to allDiamondDawg36 is a name known to all DiamondDawg36's Avatar

That made me crack up! I like that one HD.

Varsity Bulldog Bulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBulldawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I agree that he appears to be the opposite of "amped up" during the games at times, but who knows what's going on in his head. I don't know how hard the Mississippi schools recruited him, but he might have felt slighted by them if they didn't "show him enough love", as some of the recruits like to say, and had a little extra incentive to prove them wrong. As I said before, it probably has more to do with USM & Mississippi State having two of the better defenses we've faced than anything else.

+ Reply to Thread