+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Walking Dead

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The Walking Dead

I go to Tailgate Alley during every game to watch the boys walk through. Their energy level has gotten incrementally lower each and every week. I swear, yesterday it was as if their eyes were glazed over. After seeing that I went back to my tailgate and stated as such and basically pronounced that Southern Miss was going to kick our ass. I just didn't expect them to do so in such dramatic fashion.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The Walking Dead

After a few years of “success”, do the players think they can walk to 7-8 wins and a bowl birth? The entire program, fans, and admin are collectively waiting for a meltdown every weekend. Our leaders from years past may have failed in inspiring future leaders we desperately need. Our coaches aren’t coaching and players aren’t playing. They are all going through the motions.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    I go to Tailgate Alley during every game to watch the boys walk through. Their energy level has gotten incrementally lower each and every week. I swear, yesterday it was as if their eyes were glazed over. After seeing that I went back to my tailgate and stated as such and basically pronounced that Southern Miss was going to kick our ass. I just didn't expect them to do so in such dramatic fashion.
    Something seems to be missing, but it’s hard to put a finger on exactly what it is. Whatever that elusive excitement or fun is, we seemed to have more of it back when Hunter Lee was around

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Something seems to be missing, but it’s hard to put a finger on exactly what it is. Whatever that elusive excitement or fun is, we seemed to have more of it back when Hunter Lee was around

Passion and leadership. Colby had it, Sokol, Driskell, Higgins, Hunter, Trent. Those guys were leaders. Not perfect, but leaders non tr less.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Well, something is certainly missing and if we don’t figure out how to get it back we may start regressing and find ourselves in a bad position.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Heart, the desire to win....that's what is missing!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Our fan base is now officially back to our core group from 20 years ago...less those who have passed away.

The perfect storm for us is the above combined with our team dropping off at the exact time our admin had already destroyed student support.

One thing I'm certain of is that an SLC AD can't bring us out of this funk.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Our fan base is now officially back to our core group from 20 years ago...less those who have passed away.

The perfect storm for us is the above combined with our team dropping off at the exact time our admin had already destroyed student support.

One thing I'm certain of is that an SLC AD can't bring us out of this funk.
    Problem is you have to be able to pay people real salaries to get good people. We can’t do that either. It is a shame that we are in a more regional conference and it’s a worse situation.

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Problem is you have to be able to pay people real salaries to get good people. We can’t do that either. It is a shame that we are in a more regional conference and it’s a worse situation.
    Players. I think this thread is about players

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Lack of real salaries for our AD and his staff is not our problem. We hired cheap workers, paid way too much, then gave them a raise. That's what it means to be a part of the Ruston good ole boys club that Dooley shook up years ago. I didn't like a lot of things about Dooley, but disruption of "the club" was a good thing.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Day After Thoughts

The O-Line is really really bad.

We cannot handle a five man front. Northwestern exposed this. SA and USM exploited this.

Scott is a better RB than Craft.

Bonnette was back but clearly not 100%. Didn’t stretch the field.

Our DBs are really good. Maybe some of the best we have had in awhile.

Our LBs not so much. I and everyone in the stands knew they were going to run Smith or the QB every down. They still managed 4-5 yards every down.

Our QB really struggles with simple throws. The first drive be over throws a man wide open. Other drives he throws at their knees. The slide on his called QB keeper was weak. He has either been over coached or he has no confidence. Maybe the over coaching has killed his confidence.

Someone else mentioned the play calling. We were snapping in a rush with 1 second on the play clock many times. People looked lost and out of place. I wanted to mention we are awful coming out of a break. Had the ball on the 20 out of the delay...3 and out. Had the ball to start the second half...3 and out. We should really stop deferring if we are going to play so poorly after a break.

Leadership is a legit concern. I am not sure of an answer. We are really young and nobody seems to want to step up. There is nobody on the sidelines going around talking to the team.

Players. I think this thread is about players

Just responding to the comment about our junior high athletic director. We may have paid too much for the sorry people we hired, but we don’t pay enough to get good people.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

After driving 9 hours to watch the loss at UAB, I thought that was the worst game the Dawgs have played in a long while.......until I saw the Dawgs in Ruston get totally whipped in the last two minutes of the Southern Miss game!!!!! But we haven't given up! We are driving to Houston to see the Rice game!

we don’t pay enough to get good people.
    Yeah, we do. I assume you are basing your opinion on what the Cartel teams pay their ADs? I'm basing my statements on what some professional sports general managers make and others who MUST sell tickets.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Rice is licking their chops. They smell blood in the water.

The Rice coach will be like Coach Calhoun at Rydell High: "after the game, we're gonna come back here and ring that victory bell....just like we've always wanted to."

+ Reply to Thread