+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unleash the Dawgs

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Unleash the Dawgs

I might regret it in a big way but I want to see Tech turned loose. I know we have talented players on this team. I know the players want to play and WIN!

I’m convinced it’s some of the coaches’ approach to the game plan, game management and Hotlz’s general philosophy that’s gotten in the way of Tech winning.

Most times I don’t think it’s strategy that wins the game. Its not the coaching. Coaching is for practice. More times than not I think coaching loses games on Saturdays.

It’s the players’ will power and determination that brings the success of winning.

I’d like to see what happens when the dawgs are sicced on Rice.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Unleash the Dawgs

Sometimes you can over-coach a team. That happened to me when coaching a soccer team. Tried to implement a strict Euro-style of possession and I really had a bunch of great athletes who needed more freedom to create opportunities. Still had a basic structure and system to switch out to make sure we were covered on defense against counter-attacks, but mostly I turned my two strikers and two attacking midfielders loose and told them, "go be disruptive and score some goals." They did...and we went on a 21-game win streak.

As for the Dawgs I'm afraid our biggest problem would be what it is now: Smith at QB. Can't imagine that zombie feeling comfortable in a more open system.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Re: Unleash the Dawgs

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I might regret it in a big way but I want to see Tech turned loose. I know we have talented players on this team. I know the players want to play and WIN!

I’m convinced it’s some of the coaches’ approach to the game plan, game management and Hotlz’s general philosophy that’s gotten in the way of Tech winning.

Most times I don’t think it’s strategy that wins the game. Its not the coaching. Coaching is for practice. More times than not I think coaching loses games on Saturdays.

It’s the players’ will power and determination that brings the success of winning.

I’d like to see what happens when the dawgs are sicced on Rice.
    I think we would all like to see this. Turn up the speed, go all out and SEE WHAT HAPPENS. Staying in our shell trying to "simplify the plays", etc is making us predictable, uninspired, nonaggressive, and unproductive.

And we've never in the history of our program had more going for us than in 2017 in terms of donations, facilities, regional conference affiliation, 7 home game schedule,...

+ Reply to Thread