+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: As for me...

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

As for me...

I'm diehard, doggedly determined until it's time to start again. I'll be at the next home game, and the one after. Character is built through adversity. The reality of the situation is that our team was not good enough to win. They are good enough to have a chance but not good enough to finish. That's the reality. But if our team allows reality to dictate response, we will win games. Admittedly, I expected LaTech to win this game. But we have not yet shown the ability to the reality that we will lose if we don't respond appropriately to adversity. There is that fine line. It's just a game, but it can teach so much about life. Get back up, rinse off the shame, go to work. Next!
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ WWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond reputeWWDog has a reputation beyond repute WWDog's Avatar

Re: As for me...

An exceptional post from an obvious true Dawg!
    WWDog
    La Tech
    Region and hyphen free since 1894!
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I appreciate your dedication, and most here share it. However, most people that aren't BBB posters don't share the same connection to Tech. To most the games are just another entertainment venue, and this years venue has been far from entertaining. It's been boring. Assuming a win against UTSA (which is a very risky assumption), we are likely to finish our home slate at 3-4, with 2 of the 3 wins coming against a Southland school and a Sunbelt school, both of which we struggled to beat. Adversity may build character, but it also makes for some empty stands in a year with 7 home games scheduled. Wonder how long it will be before we ever see that again?

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm diehard, doggedly determined until it's time to start again. I'll be at the next home game, and the one after. Character is built through adversity. The reality of the situation is that our team was not good enough to win. They are good enough to have a chance but not good enough to finish. That's the reality. But if our team allows reality to dictate response, we will win games. Admittedly, I expected LaTech to win this game. But we have not yet shown the ability to the reality that we will lose if we don't respond appropriately to adversity. There is that fine line. It's just a game, but it can teach so much about life. Get back up, rinse off the shame, go to work. Next!

AMEN!!!!!!!!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Thanks

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

The expressions "it is what it is" really seems to apply to this season. We have a coach who is very conservative. His strategy keeps us in ball games (but does not go for the throat when we get a lead), and depends on our key players (QB, RBs, receivers, kickers) to win games for us. We have had some great production from those players in our bowl run, but this year, not so much. Se we set up the entire game to go down to the wire, and then we lose. It is what it is.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

This loss was so disheartening. Go to sleep Saturday nite depressed and wake up the same way. I know it's just a game but struggle to keep perspective. We just have so many loose ends to tie up it's hard to know where to begin. Coaching, QB play, O Line, Special teams... At least the Saints are looking good.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I have a friend I met while I was in school at Tech who was a great Tech fan. He grew up near Ruston his parents went to Tech and he married a girl from Tech. He never missed a home game and was usually traveling to at least some away games. Then after being out of school for maybe ten years or less, Tech lost a road game one Saturday as he invested time to listen to it on the radio. He was down in the dumps and in a bad mood as was usual when Tech lost, and his wife asked him why he put himself and their family through it. Well to make a long story short - he stopped following Tech altogether and said from then on he spent Saturdays doing something with his whole family.

We have lost a few such games just this season.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are all beginning to wonder why we make such an emotional investment in a game. I wait for the fall every year just for football now, my kids no longer hunt that much so I dropped out of hunting clubs and so forth so now I hang my hat on Football every fall.
    I am not the only one out there doing this, not everyone for the same reasons, but a lot of us like it that much. This past Saturday made me do a lot of thinking and how foolish I have been to let a football game affect my moods as it does a lot of peoples. I would think more people than myself are re-thinking this whole rabid fan thing.

You will notice that there are some regulars that are missing from the board this week, either it is too depressing to be here, they don't want to listen to a bunch of us Monday morning QB, or they have just given up for the season or for good.

This year is just different also, no electricity, chemistry, sideline emotions, etc., everything that makes football uninspiring and boring winning or losing. How long can this go on?

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I think we are all beginning to wonder why we make such an emotional investment in a game. I wait for the fall every year just for football now, my kids no longer hunt that much so I dropped out of hunting clubs and so forth so now I hang my hat on Football every fall.
    I am not the only one out there doing this, not everyone for the same reasons, but a lot of us like it that much. This past Saturday made me do a lot of thinking and how foolish I have been to let a football game affect my moods as it does a lot of peoples. I would think more people than myself are re-thinking this whole rabid fan thing.

You will notice that there are some regulars that are missing from the board this week, either it is too depressing to be here, they don't want to listen to a bunch of us Monday morning QB, or they have just given up for the season or for good.

This year is just different also, no electricity, chemistry, sideline emotions, etc., everything that makes football uninspiring and boring winning or losing. How long can this go on?
    I must admit after the South Carolina and UAB losses I was much more prepared for Saturday's loss. It did not affect me nearly as much. Once USM got the onsides kick I pretty much knew we were sunk.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I must admit after the South Carolina and UAB losses I was much more prepared for Saturday's loss. It did not affect me nearly as much. Once USM got the onsides kick I pretty much knew we were sunk.

The old aim for the curb and anything above it is gravy philosophy!

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I have a friend I met while I was in school at Tech who was a great Tech fan. He grew up near Ruston his parents went to Tech and he married a girl from Tech. He never missed a home game and was usually traveling to at least some away games. Then after being out of school for maybe ten years or less, Tech lost a road game one Saturday as he invested time to listen to it on the radio. He was down in the dumps and in a bad mood as was usual when Tech lost, and his wife asked him why he put himself and their family through it. Well to make a long story short - he stopped following Tech altogether and said from then on he spent Saturdays doing something with his whole family.

This is EXACTLY ME! Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it. It carries over into Sunday and leads to a depressing weekend. The worst part is no quick fix for this team.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post

This is me except I live 1500 miles away - follow Tech sport religiously (thru TV or internet radio) while the rest of my family has no connection to Tech.
    My wife hates Tech football, Tech basketball, and Tech baseball because they take so much of her family time away from her and our children. She doesn't understand why I have so much time and emotion invested in Tech sports. I cut down on Tech basketball the last couple of years as I realized we would never make it to the next level. I no longer put so much emotion in Tech football because I realized our HC doesn't care or can't get us to to the next level.
    It should be pretty easy for me to turn my back away from Tech sports as I can't watch most of Tech game on regular TVs anyway these days.

Champ TulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her gameTulsaDawg is on top of his/her game TulsaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    This is EXACTLY ME! Sometimes I wonder why I put myself through it. It carries over into Sunday and leads to a depressing weekend. The worst part is no quick fix for this team.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, cause misery loves company After the game I was swearing I was finished with Tech sports. But, of course, I will be there for Homecoming. It's a miracle I don't have ulcers after following Tech for 50 years.
    Go Tech!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TulsaDawg View Post
    I'm glad I'm not the only one, cause misery loves company After the game I was swearing I was finished with Tech sports. But, of course, I will be there for Homecoming. It's a miracle I don't have ulcers after following Tech for 50 years.
    At this point I'm almost curious to see if we can come up with more unique ways to lose a game we seemingly have in hand.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

+ Reply to Thread