+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Well, what can I say about that game Saturday night....

Varsity Bulldog SpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant futureSpreadEagle has a brilliant future

Well, what can I say about that game Saturday night....

I was not able to watch the game as I was at an engagement party for my daughter. I kept up with it on my phone as best I could. I really had no idea what had happened until late that night when I got on my laptop. I can only imagine the heartbreak for Tech fans. We were damn lucky to win that game and by all rights shouldn't have won. I know that is the third game your Dogs lost that should have been wins. Has to hurt. Been there.

I hope your team finishes the year strong and wins their bowl. This looks to be a rebuilding year for Tech and you have played tough considering that fact. I know that is no consolation, but the future looks bright for your team. The USM/Tech game needs to decide the West champion every year. Anyway, tons of respect for your fans and your program. Now go finish the year strong.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Well, what can I say about that game Saturday night....

And maybe that’s the point.......no matter what kind of coach speak spews from the podium, we are rebuilding......

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Congrats to Southern Miss.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Dawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the roughDawg85 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadEagle View Post
    I was not able to watch the game as I was at an engagement party for my daughter. I kept up with it on my phone as best I could. I really had no idea what had happened until late that night when I got on my laptop. I can only imagine the heartbreak for Tech fans. We were damn lucky to win that game and by all rights shouldn't have won. I know that is the third game your Dogs lost that should have been wins. Has to hurt. Been there.

I hope your team finishes the year strong and wins their bowl. This looks to be a rebuilding year for Tech and you have played tough considering that fact. I know that is no consolation, but the future looks bright for your team. The USM/Tech game needs to decide the West champion every year. Anyway, tons of respect for your fans and your program. Now go finish the year strong.
    Thanks for the classy post and great win by Southern Miss. You guys deserved it by the way you played down the stretch. Time of Possession was the key stat of the game. We couldn't convert 3rd downs- three and out too much and our defense was worn down. We have a long way to go.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg85 View Post
    Thanks for the classy post and great win by Southern Miss. You guys deserved it by the way you played down the stretch. Time of Possession was the key stat of the game. We couldn't convert 3rd downs- three and out too much and our defense was worn down. We have a long way to go.
    I bet if we are trailing at Rice at half time, we just "MIGHT" get that QB change!
    Better late than never!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    I bet if we are trailing at Rice at half time, we just "MIGHT" get that QB change!
    Better late than never!
    Skip would never do anything to diminish J'Mars' confidence, the only way J'Mar comes out is if he is injured.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Skip would never do anything to diminish J'Mars' confidence, the only way J'Mar comes out is if he is injured.

Why should we care about J'Mar's confidence? Think about what you are saying. You don't need confidence to LOSE football games.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Why should we care about J'Mar's confidence? Think about what you are saying. You don't need confidence to LOSE football games.
    We are talking about Skip Holtz here, keep that in mind, maybe I misrepresented that, but my fear is Skip is hard headed, wants to be J'Mars friend, etc..

If J'Mar is not injured, the Skip Holtz philosophy is keep him in there until he REGAINS his confidence and/or gets better. Skip thinks QB'ing is like riding a horse, if you get thrown off, you have to get right back on to conquer the horse and your fear. The only thing J'Mar needs to be riding right now is the pine!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post

The only thing J'Mar needs to be riding right now is the pine!
    On this we agree.

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    On this we agree.
    I am not condoning leaving him in at QB no matter what, that is just my fear with Skip at the Helm.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

We will lose to Rice if some big changes are not made....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Maybe we need to lose to Rice, and every other game this year. Of course, I doubt that'll get anyone's attention in Ruston. Holtz will just "excuse" it away, and the powers-that-be will forgive and forget. And our resident sunshine pumpers will tell us everything is rosy.

That said, I doubt we will pull an O-fer the rest of the way. Probably luck into a 6-6 finish and a bowl game, and everyone will want to give Holtz an extension for pulling off a miracle with such a "young" team.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Where do we mail the Father's Day card to in the Burg?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Where do we mail the Father's Day card to in the Burg?
    1 Uranus Drive

+ Reply to Thread