+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anybody going to the Rice game?

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Re: Anybody going to the Rice game?

Quote Originally Posted by DawgFaninHous View Post
    I am going to the RICE with HD! Gave away my WS tkts for Saturday night to go to see my dogs!!!!

Will be at the WS on Friday and Sunday though!!! Go Stros!!!!
    Yeah, right! haha... I don’t believe for a second that someone "gave away" World Series tickets, a game that doesn’t start until 7:20pm, to go watch Tech play a game that will be over with no later than 5:30pm? Nope...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorDad View Post
    Yeah, right! haha... I don’t believe for a second that someone "gave away" World Series tickets, a game that doesn’t start until 7:20pm, to go watch Tech play a game that will be over with no later than 5:30pm? Nope...
    If he said it, that's what he did.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog MajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the roughMajorDad is a jewel in the rough MajorDad's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    If he said it, that's what he did.
    I did two chicks at one time!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    DS65 will be there. I won't be there due to my son's birthday (younger). If it was my older son, the game would be his present!
    I saw your dad and shook his hand. Nice man.

I was very fortunate. DFIH and I attended the World Series on Friday night and went to the LA Tech-Rice game on Saturday. It's been a full weekend.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

With all due respect Major, if DFIH tells you a chicken can plow, you can go ahead and hook him up. Not only did he invite me to the Friday night game, but he invited two other people as well that attended with us. And yes, he has WS tickets to all three home games in Houston, and did give them all away to other people for Sat night.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

I did two chicks at one time!
    A Rhode Island Red.....and what was the other one?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

I thought we had a good crowd. Visitor side way outnumbered home side, but there were quite a few Rice fans and the Rice band on the visitor side. We ended up getting chairbacks in 111 because my inlaws wanted a back to lean against. Glad to get the win and glad to see plenty of Tech fans still supporting their dawgs!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by detltu View Post
    I thought we had a good crowd. Visitor side way outnumbered home side, but there were quite a few Rice fans and the Rice band on the visitor side. We ended up getting chairbacks in 111 because my inlaws wanted a back to lean against. Glad to get the win and glad to see plenty of Tech fans still supporting their dawgs!
    The Rice student section was on our side of the stadium from about the middle to the south end. They seemed to have a good student turn out. Some of the visiting "cheerleaders" must have been on our side, too. There weren't enough on the other side to make up all those kids on the field at half time. So their 19000 including those kids, too.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    With all due respect Major, if DFIH tells you a chicken can plow, you can go ahead and hook him up. Not only did he invite me to the Friday night game, but he invited two other people as well that attended with us. And yes, he has WS tickets to all three home games in Houston, and did give them all away to other people for Sat night.
    thank you for this post, I was scratching my head Saturday when I realized plenty of time for both -- I apologize for thinking it made no sense , at least the give away part. Great that you stood up for your friend --
    our crew went to Twin Peaks after game ( close to hotel) and watched few inning. Food was horrible, crowd was friendly and crazy ass outfits ...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Chicken Little

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

(Can't believe I'm doing this )

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    thank you for this post, I was scratching my head Saturday when I realized plenty of time for both -- I apologize for thinking it made no sense , at least the give away part. Great that you stood up for your friend --
    our crew went to Twin Peaks after game ( close to hotel) and watched few inning. Food was horrible, crowd was friendly and crazy ass outfits ...
    They got blown out in the last inning anyway.... probably the least exciting of the seven or at least one of the most disappointing losses of the seven (yes, there were three). I can only dream of having the kind of money to buy WS tix, give them away, go watch a meaningless (relatively speaking) college game AND of doing two chicks at one time (Office Space reference for those that missed it). Even though he did it, I still can't believe he actually did it. World Series in Houston or Tech/Rice....hmmm.... I love Tech, but not enough to miss the 'Stros in the WS...assuming I had the money to buy even one ticket. Good on 'im. Nice.

+ Reply to Thread