+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast

Thread: Week 10: UNT (11/4) HOMECOMING

Re: Week 10: UNT (11/4) HOMECOMING

[QUOTE=DawgyNWindow;1672316]You went too far.

Higgins was not a Power 5 transfer. We beat some pretty decent teams along the way. He is a generally good guy and has represented Tech well.

I say this thinking he tends to underperform with the talent he has on the field, and like the U

Why does the leadership at Tech have a problem with giving the fans something to be excited about? A lot of Tech grads cheer for LSU. Can you blame them? 2 out of the 3 QBs were Power 5 school transfers, so what I said is correct. The problem with Tech is if you point out how bad the coach is you considered to be anti-coach and not pro-Tech.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    LMAO.......yea sure. the best academic/research university in north LA.
    I never said "the best." I said a (meaning "one of") regional academic/research powerhouse. Actually, according to some, I understated our case.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    A lot of Tech grads cheer for LSU. Can you blame them?
    Damn right I blame them.

I hope each of them steps on a Lego.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Damn right I blame them.

I hope each of them steps on a Lego.
    Spoken like someone who has or has had small children. Those things HURT. I can't imagine what life was like for my parents when my sister played with those metal jacks.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    So we run our limping RB on 3rd and 3... then have to settle for another FG to go up by 6. And Skip wonders why we lose so many close games...
    I'm very surprised that you were the only observer on this thread that noticed this AT THE TIME. Everybody else must have been makin a trip to the refrigerator.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I'm very surprised that you were the only observer on this thread that noticed this AT THE TIME. Everybody else must have been makin a trip to the refrigerator.
    It was like deja vu all over again. Same song, new verse.

But the biggest blunder to me was running Craft on 3rd and 3 when it was obvious he was playing on 1 1/2 legs. On such a crucial down late in the game, wouldn't you THINK we'd want to get the ball into the hands of a healthy back? Or, color me crazy, maybe try the big bone that had worked so well in the 1st half??

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Tech scores SIX points in the second half....COACHING AND QB
    THIS!!^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Terence32 View Post
    Arkansas is still Smith's best college game, kid has had his chance. Time to let someone give it a shot
    ^^^THIS!!!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I left my house at halftime, wisely assuming that Holtz would find a way to screw it up. I didn't need that grumpiness in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I absolutely believe that there are some influential donors who are very happy with mediocrity and miss the "good ole days" of the Southland conference where we played ULL, ULM, NWST, SLU every year. THAT is who they compare Tech athletics to, other state schools, not good G5 or P5 schools.
    This sounds like BS to me. Please name names if you are going to throw around accusations like that. Which "influential donors" for our school are happy with mediocrity, and seriously miss the good ole days of the Southland Conference? I simply want to know these peoples names.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

This sounds like BS to me. Please name names if you are going to throw around accusations like that. Which "influential donors" for our school are happy with mediocrity, and seriously miss the good ole days of the Southland Conference? I simply want to know these peoples names.
    Hell HD, you spout BS all the time.... why hold FriscoDog to a different standard?

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I like Holtz, but can't comprehend the insistence on sticking with Smith. We would have a hell of a record right now if we could complete just a few simple passes late in the game. It is insane that we haven't at least tried Elliott. J-Mar has one TD in the last three games...that is one more than me. Yea, the o-line sucks, but even when he rolls out it takes a miracle to complete a pass to the receiver he is staring down.
    That bolded part is hilarious.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Hell HD, you spout BS all the time.... why hold FriscoDog to a different standard?
    And damn, with all the alumni we have in the DFW area , Frisco, McKinney , Plano , you would think we could find a half ass QB.....I know of one that is a preferred walk-on at Ole Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    And damn, with all the alumni we have in the DFW area , Frisco, McKinney , Plano , you would think we could find a half ass QB.....I know of one that is a preferred walk-on at Ole Miss.
    I hold Holtz and Tim Rattay accountable for letting both of our backup QB's transfer out this past May/June. Especially Jack Abraham. That was stooooopid!! Abraham had promise, and I was told yesterday that he has already accepted his new scholarship offer to Southern Miss.

Honestly, as as businessman, it's difficult for me to believe that two grown men like Holtz and Rattay could be this oblivious to logic. Why would they jeopardize their coaching careers like this? Any fool knows you can't go into an FBS college football season with only 1 QB --with only 1 start-- on your roster, and literally nobody else that knows the playbook to back them up. Apparently there's no backup plan whatsoever in case they faced the prospect of injuries or poor performance. It defies logic.

Don't crawfish now HD, your a Weston Elliott man. How do you keep a college player from transferring form La Tech? Offer him more money or a nicer car?

+ Reply to Thread