+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Lane Train

Re: The Lane Train

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    That's the problem with people like Kiffen, no loyalty or sense of duty to at least stick around at least three years. You can gain quick success with them but also fall very quickly when they depart, especially if they recruited a bunch of JUCO'S for quick success.

Finding a coach like Skip really is kind of ideal, they stabilize your program and will stick around a while, but some do wear out their welcome. Skip really has no where else to go, no one wants him. Unless we fire him (not gonna happen) or make him the AD, he is here until some big money says it is time for him to go.
    Skip does not stabilize your program, he destroys it. He is destroying us like he destroyed USF. The destruction has only been delayed because he got 2 5th year senior QB transfers. Holtz has to have a LOT more talent than the other team to win.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Skip does not stabilize your program, he destroys it. He is destroying us like he destroyed USF. The destruction has only been delayed because he got 2 5th year senior QB transfers. Holtz has to have a LOT more talent than the other team to win.
    I do think Skip stabalized our program some, he kept it from going into a free fall for three years, I will give him credit for that. I agree with you though on the players, he was always playing with someone Else's players, be it senior transfer, or Dykes players. This is the year you really grade Holtz on, these are ALL HIS players, and he has not done well and I think it only get's worse because apparently he is not recruiting well.
    Now I could be wrong on the recruiting part, maybe he is recruiting well and just ruining them after they get here.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Skip does not stabilize your program, he destroys it. He is destroying us like he destroyed USF.
    LOL. I would agree with you if Holtz just took over from Maxie Lambright. Have you watched any Tech games since 1978? This has been the most consistency (in a good way) that we have had in a LONG time.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I don’t believe our players (all of them collectively) have played well thus far this season. I’m not convinced Tech has enough good players to make a difference. I see Tech being outsized by almost every opponent. But I don’t think any of that is the bottom line reason why Tech is losing. The clear reason why is the coaching decisions of Holtz.

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    LOL. I would agree with you if Holtz just took over from Maxie Lambright. Have you watched any Tech games since 1978? This has been the most consistency (in a good way) that we have had in a LONG time.
    Things are different now than in the past. Today if you have at least a 6-6 record you are in a bowl. Rattay had 8 and 9 win teams that were better than any of Skip's teams and they didn't get a bowl. We hired son of a legendary coach Jack Bicknell who destroyed our football program and stayed too long because Dan Reneau thought that he was so cute. Plus back in those days guys just couldn't transfer anywhere when they graduated like Sokol and Driskel which gave Holt a bailout for 2 years. And our schedule is the weakest that it has ever been playing in CUSA.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Lane is the opposite of Holtz.

He is going to win and win fast, but as others have said as soon as the championship is done he will be somewhere else. I’d be surprised if his agent hasn’t already fielded offers.

Let’s face it. We have Holtz because our administration wanted consistency. That’s what they have. Consistency.

He ain’t leaving. Ever.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I can almost guarantee they'll throw that double pass again next week.... and it will probably work again
    How is that an amateur fan can see it coming, but Baker and Holtz can't?

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

How is that an amateur fan can see it coming, but Baker and Holtz can't?
    That's just it, apparently we are all amateurs and do not know what the hell we are talking about.
    Skip is a pro! (SARCASM)

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I can almost guarantee they'll throw that double pass again next week.... and it will probably work again
    Kiffin set that up beautifully on the play before. I laughed because the first play got 2/3 yards, but that's what it was supposed to do.

It was all about the next play and having the defense ignore the receivers.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post

It was all about the next play and having the defense ignore the receivers.
    "We lost our eyes"...I'm still laughing about this one after him saying the exact same thing 3 times before the post game presser even started.

+ Reply to Thread