+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Start Westin Elliot Now!

Big Dog dawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud ofdawg1984 has much to be proud of dawg1984's Avatar

Re: Start Westin Elliot Now!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I couldn't believe it? Word is, when Holtz sent Westin in the game with 37 seconds remaining, he told him, "Go win it for us, kid."
    Holtz: "Here's your chance, son! Go get us in position for a FG."

Champ touchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond reputetouchdown123 has a reputation beyond repute touchdown123's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg1984 View Post
    Holtz: "Here's your chance, son! Go get us in position for a FG."
    I almost left after we were trailing by 8 field goals.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by touchdown123 View Post
    The math got hard Saturday with a numb mind....
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

A lot of people that were streaming out of JAS with 37 seconds remaining STOPPED in their tracks when Westin Elliott went in the game. I think they really wanted to see Elliott just take a snap and throw a pass or two. I was surprised at how many people stopped to watch him. Of course, Skip Holtz had Eliott simply hand the ball off, which totally defeats the purpose of sending him in the game in the first place.

I would love to see Elliott get a start against UTEP or UTSA. In fact, starting Westin Elliott is the ONLY way we'll draw any crowd at all for the UTSA game.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I don't know if it was his best performance, but it was certainly one of them. He stepped up in the pocket and fired some big-time throws on the money. He scanned the field way more than I've seen him do in previous games. There were several plays where he literally scanned every receiver (and none of them were open) before he either got sacked or escaped for a gain. The biggest problem yesterday wasn't J'Mar but rather our receivers' inability to get open. Teddy Veal was injured early in that game, and he was fought his way to 112 yards and a TD on 6 catches. Rhashid Bonnette also was banged up and sat out a number of plays. That's our top two receivers. We aren't great with them at full strength, but we're below mediocre when they are out. We desperately need an impact player at wide receiver. Maybe Alfred Smith can help in that area if he ever gets healthy. Hell, I know Amik and Jaiden Cole are explosive players. Can they not get a couple of reps at receiver to help with some explosiveness? Our wide receiver corps simply is not getting the job done.
    I don't think the problem against FAU was our passing game at all. Not our QB, nor our WRs. J'Mar had a career high passing and rushing.

This game was won and lost at the head coach position: Decisions to punt/kick/go on 4th down, Tech's play calling from inside the 10 yard line, and discipline. Lane played to win, and Skip played not to lose. That was the difference in the game IMO.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    I don't think the problem against FAU was our passing game at all. Not our QB, nor our WRs. J'Mar had a career high passing and rushing.

This game was won and lost at the head coach position: Decisions to punt/kick/go on 4th down, Tech's play calling from inside the 10 yard line, and discipline. That was the difference in the game IMO.
    Somebody please tell me why Skip Holtz wouldn't throw that football INTO THE END ZONE when we were inside the 10-yd line Saturday? That man seems to figure out more ways to run lateral to the goal line --and lose yards when we're inside the 10-- than any coach in NCAA history. It's almost comical.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

LMAO

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

the saddest part is it's true.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I don’t know QB Westin Elliot but he’s going to have to be a very resilient young man to take that slap in the face Holtz delivered, being sent out on the field for one BS snap to hand off and end the game. Why not just have J’Mar take a knee.

Holtz pretty much took a knee in the first half conceded the game with his non competitive approach to things. Meanwhile everyone in the stadium knew there wasn’t one thing Kiffin wouldn’t try in order to win.

I’m going to be really pissed if Elliot transfers out after this season but I could hardly blame him.

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

You're right. Elliot practices as hard as anyone else and for Holtz to put in him for just one play and then to just hand-off was really and truly a slap in that young man's face. I look for him to transfer out, as well.

+ Reply to Thread