+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Start Westin Elliot Now!

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Start Westin Elliot Now!

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    You just may see that happen this weekend. We will see if, or when, it does how Holtz reacts. I'm not optimistic.
    Well, we saw how he reacted in the MS State game, he let Wesson take one drive basically when the game was well out of hand before then. Wesson should have at least played the entire fourth Quarter.

Does anyone remember when Luke Mc got his red shirt pulled in the Miami game? That was HC Jack Bicknell, and I think Luke was his third QB to try in that game. Even Jack Bicknell had enough sense to know when a QB is just too bad to leave in.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    Well, we saw how he reacted in the MS State game, he let Wesson take one drive basically when the game was well out of hand before then. Wesson should have at least played the entire fourth Quarter.

Does anyone remember when Luke Mc got his red shirt pulled in the Miami game? That was HC Jack Bicknell, and I think Luke was his third QB to try in that game. Even Jack Bicknell had enough sense to know when a QB is just too bad to leave in.
    Exactly, if there is a better replacement on the roster, he would be playing.

I guess that having someone else call the plays is totally out of the question?

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post
    Well if you want the truth, no, I don't think he has regressed. He's not very good....but still better than the other choice Elliot. The two guys that could have challenged for the position quit and went elsewhere because they were not competitors.
    Now why do you say that about Elliot? Serious question....what do you know about Elliot that we don't?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the only time we saw Elliot play this season he looked like Payton Manning driving his team 93 yards down the field to score a TD pass on an SEC defense. So us average fans have seen NOTHING to indicate he can't play AT LEAST as well as the train-wreck known as J'Mar Smith. Just saying.....

Please save you criticism of "the two guys" who transferred, because right now they both look like geniuses. They knew Holtz was making a terrible, terrible decision by promoting J'Mar, and they knew he wouldn't be fair with them. Knowing what we know now about J'Mar's talent (or lack thereof), their transfers make total sense now.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Now why do you say that about Elliot? Serious question....what do you know about Elliot that we don't?

I'm not saying you are wrong, but the only time we saw Elliot play this season he looked like Payton Manning driving his team 93 yards down the field to score a TD pass on an SEC defense. So us average fans have seen NOTHING to indicate he can't play AT LEAST as well as the train-wreck known as J'Mar Smith. Just saying.....

Please save you criticism of "the two guys" who transferred, because right now they both look like geniuses. They knew Holtz was making a terrible, terrible decision by promoting J'Mar, and they knew he wouldn't be fair with them. Knowing what we know now about J'Mar's talent (or lack thereof), their transfers make total sense now.
    Not to mention, classless Mullens put his first string back in.

I dont have any idea if Elliot is any better based on that drive.

What I do know is that we are on a sinking ship and I'm checking every life raft.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Not to mention, classless Mullens put his first string back in.

I dont have any idea if Elliot is any better based on that drive.

What I do know is that we are on a sinking ship and I'm checking every life raft.
    I agree with your post above 100%.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, if there is a better replacement on the roster, he would be playing.
    How do we know that?

I think Skip is too hardheaded to try anyone else, and I keep hearing we are playing our best, where is all this inside information coming from? You may have a good source, I don't know, but until Elliott or someone else steps out on that field and proves they are worse than J'Mar, I don't think anyone can make the assumption we are playing our best.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    How do we know that?

I think Skip is too hardheaded to try anyone else, and I keep hearing we are playing our best, where is all this inside information coming from? You may have a good source, I don't know, but until Elliott or someone else steps out on that field and proves they are worse than J'Mar, I don't think anyone can make the assumption we are playing our best.
    Why would any coach worth a damn not play their best? Y'all think we are playing daddy ball? Is J'mar's family wealthy?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why would any coach worth a damn not play their best? Y'all think we are playing daddy ball? Is J'mar's family wealthy?
    Because Skip already decided what he wants to do. We have 5 seasons of proof that once he makes a decision, he doesn't budge, no matter the evidence. Unless JMar gets hurt, something I do NOT want to happen, he's starting.

Hell, even when Craft got hurt Skip didn't care and played him anyway.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Scott is better than Craft.

It's about control with Holtz. He makes his mind up that his is right and keeps doing stupid crap like the delayed hand offs and running outside the tackles. It hasn't worked all year, but he thinks it should work so he keeps doing it. Have you seen his horrible special teams for the past five years? Typical Holtz, "do it my way".

Sorry folks, but that post reads like it was written by someone who has a PERSONAL stake in this issue. He seems to be taking some of this a little too personal. Does anyone know the identity of eagle2180? (I'm guessing he won't identify himself.)

LOL! I can assure you I have zero affiliation with J'mar.

LOL! I can assure you I have zero affiliation with J'mar.
    Or Skip Holtz!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Sorry folks, but that post reads like it was written by someone who has a PERSONAL stake in this issue. He seems to be taking some of this a little too personal. Does anyone know the identity of eagle2180? (I'm guessing he won't identify himself.)
    There is actually someone in McKinney,Tx that knows my identity......

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Skip has already said he's not pulling his "young" "future rock star" QB because it would hurt his "confidence." In the spring Skip determined J'Mar would be his guy for the next 3 years, and he's not changing his mind. That's why Price and Jack transferred, because J'Mar was the anointed one.

However, J'Mar is not young. He's 21 years old in his 3rd season in the same system. He's not a 17-year-old Isham. And it's obvious J'Mar's confidence has long been shot weeks ago. He has no more confidence left to lose at this point. Skip's strategy obviously isn't working. Why not try something else like trying to light a fire under J'Mar's butt by sitting him for a couple series to see what Westin can do and to see if J'Mar responds positively with determination?

Some guys are gamers, and some guys aren't. Is J'Mar like a young Higgins, a future MVP who just needs more time to develop? Or is J'Mar like Brandon Harris, an overhyped guy with a great skillset who just doesn't have what it takes to put it all together in game situations? We don't yet know the answers to those questions regarding J'Mar, and Skip will likely never give Elliot an opportunity to show what he can do in real game situations unless J'Mar gets hurt. So here we are with a struggling QB and a mystery backup.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 11-05-2017 at 11:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread