+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Wow, we are sub .500 in November vs one of our easiest football schedules and our first 7 home game season going back to at least the 1970's. In 2013 (his first year here) Holtz was also 4-5 at this point and went on to lose the final three games. However, we only had 4 games in Ruston then and a "home game" in Dallas vs Army where we were drubbed 16-35.

We are 2-3 in Ruston in 2017 and looking at a 2-5 home record. Absolutely numbing results after all of the money poured into new facilities, record enrollment growth, season ticket and LTAC giving increases,...!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

"I want to see fans walking around the outside of the stadium holding up fingers to let folks know how many tickets they need in a sellout." - COYHCSH

Instead folks can look on the ground and find unused tickets then get in for free.

FWIW, LTAC giving being up is a spin by our AD. He uses the numbers for new construction as part of LTAC.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

This season has been craptastic. Football is bad and our AD put all his eggs in marketing the first two games. He should be ashamed with the turnout yesterday for Homecoming. He is not even concerned about the students leaving after halftime. The east side looked bad.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

The students are going to begin with. They have nowhere to tailgate near the stadium.

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Was just poking around on footballscoop.com and saw the following reports on bonuses paid to league coaches for reaching bowl eligibility. Can we take money away from ours??

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop-2...vember-5-2017/

FIU: Butch Davis, in his first season with the program, will collect a $35,000 bonus for getting the program to bowl eligibility. Last year FIU went 4-8 overall.

North Texas:
    Seth Littrell has earned a $35,000 bonus for reaching bowl eligibility with their win over Louisiana Tech, per Steve Berkowitz. In year one with the program, Seth Littrell led the program to a 5-8 finish last year.

UAB:
    Bill Clark is set to receive at least $50,000 for getting the Blazers to bowl eligibility. UAB is in their first season back after a much-talked about two-season hiatus.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Yesterday's student attendance was pathetic. Was out of town so watched on Stadium. The east side looked 70% vacant. Usually HC gives us a bump.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

I'm beginning to rethink all that we heard about how bare Dykes left the cupboard.

These are all Holtz's recruits.

Are we headed down the USF path?

It's starting to feel like it.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Most of you will probably never again in your lifetime experience three 1-point losses --and a double OT loss--all in one season. That's how rare this season has been.

Skip Holtz is very lucky that he doesn't work for me. I would like to have a fresh start. I would just fire Skip Holtz now, and go hire the next Seth Littrell, Butch Davis, Bill Clark or Lane Kiffin. LA Tech badly needs a shot in the arm like all these programs got this season. It would be fun to finally be excited about something again besides counting our injuries.

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

HD..you do "crack" me up...and I probably agree with more of what you say than not...but just exactly WHERE is that money going to come from to do all this "firing"??
    Just asking...

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    HD..you do "crack" me up...and I probably agree with more of what you say than not...but just exactly WHERE is that money going to come from to do all this "firing"??
    Just asking...
    The people with the money to fire him are happy with mediocrity like half this board.

For reference, the boosters here at Arkansas have had the money and their finger on the trigger pointed at Bielema for several weeks. Only a matter of time. Obviously they have more cash to play with but the principle is the same - they're not ok with losing (or barely beating Coastal Carolina) and we are.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    Just asking...
    Maybe you prefer to go the "Rice" route? Rice has kept their coach (David Bailiff) FAR longer then they should, simply because --like you-- they think they can't afford to fire him. Meanwhile, the results? Rice finished 5-7 in 2015, 3-9 in 2016 and are currently 1-8 in 2017. Is this the blue print that you are proposing we follow at LA Tech? Do you have any idea how this has negatively impacted Rice's financial support, fan attendance and alumni donations?

So the answer is, at some point you can't afford NOT to fire some people. We can argue whether or not Skip Holtz is there yet, but the lack of fan support and energy in that stadium yesterday is indisputable. And its probably going to get worse.

Truth is, Holtz has probably earned some grace from us with his last three 9-win seasons. But, for the love of all things great, Holtz should be FORCED to hire a good Offensive Coordinator and maybe forced to implement some other changes as well. Sitting back and doing nothing is not an option for our administration. All I ask is, let's don't wait until the man tears the program completely down before we take some action. Otherwise, LA Tech could end up like Rice, but without the Top 20 academic reputation.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Most of you will probably never again in your lifetime experience three 1-point losses --and a double OT loss--all in one season. That's how rare this season has been.

Skip Holtz is very lucky that he doesn't work for me. I would like to have a fresh start. I would just fire Skip Holtz now, and go hire the next Seth Littrell, Butch Davis, Bill Clark or Lane Kiffin. LA Tech badly needs a shot in the arm like all these programs got this season. It would be fun to finally be excited about something again besides counting our injuries.
    I sure hope that your employees constantly keep their eyes open for the next job because if you show that little loyalty for good work, it's going to be hard to keep workers. Skip Holtz led us to three straight bowl victories. He's had two subpar years sandwiched around those three years. I'm as frustrated as the next guy about this season, but I'm so sick and tired of the way things are going in college athletics where coaches get fired at the first sign of adversity within the program. Three straight bowl victories should earn you a reprieve for one negative season.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I sure hope that your employees constantly keep their eyes open for the next job because if you show that little loyalty for good work, it's going to be hard to keep workers. Skip Holtz led us to three straight bowl victories. He's had two subpar years sandwiched around those three years. I'm as frustrated as the next guy about this season, but I'm so sick and tired of the way things are going in college athletics where coaches get fired at the first sign of adversity within the program. Three straight bowl victories should earn you a reprieve for one negative season.
    You know, coaches have bad years of course, even the great ones, they learn from their mistakes. TECH fans biggest
    fear is that there will be no changes, most could go along with Skip remaining the coach, 3 good years out of five, he deserves it. We all are afraid that Skip is so Muleheaded that he will not make any changes, just out of spite.

There are times when you have a good employee and you give him a lot of leeway and forgiveness, but he does not learn from his mistakes, he simply keeps repeating them awaiting your forgiveness. When those mistakes become so severe they are unforgivable and your company is going to have a tough time recovering from them, what do you do?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    You know, coaches have bad years of course, even the great ones, they learn from their mistakes. TECH fans biggest
    fear is that there will be no changes, most could go along with Skip remaining the coach, 3 good years out of five, he deserves it. We all are afraid that Skip is so Muleheaded that he will not make any changes, just out of spite.

There are times when you have a good employee and you give him a lot of leeway and forgiveness, but he does not learn from his mistakes, he simply keeps repeating them awaiting your forgiveness. When those mistakes become so severe they are unforgivable and your company is going to have a tough time recovering from them, what do you do?
    Give him an extension and raise, of course.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    LMAO. You’re sick and tired of coaches getting fired at the first sign of adversity. You’re not in touch with reality. Maybe you hadn’t noticed coaches get paid exorbitant amounts of money and get huge severance buyouts when they get fired. They are well compensated for the lack of job security.

+ Reply to Thread