+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    This season has been craptastic. Football is bad and our AD put all his eggs in marketing the first two games. He should be ashamed with the turnout yesterday for Homecoming. He is not even concerned about the students leaving after halftime. The east side looked bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    The students are going to begin with. They have nowhere to tailgate near the stadium.
    Quote Originally Posted by BruceWillisDawg View Post
    Yesterday's student attendance was pathetic. Was out of town so watched on Stadium. The east side looked 70% vacant. Usually HC gives us a bump.
    Greeks didn't even show up with dates or to cheer for their brothers/sisters on the court. Student section was weak from the start. At least the students who left at halftime actually showed up. If our admin creates a fun game day experience and puts an exciting product on the field, you won't have to worry about fans leaving early. The problem is all the students who aren't showing up at all. Stadium was dead. Nobody would even stand and make noise on 3rd down. Sad!

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Greeks didn't even show up with dates or to cheer for their brothers/sisters on the court. Student section was weak from the start. At least the students who left at halftime actually showed up. If our admin creates a fun game day experience and puts an exciting product on the field, you won't have to worry about fans leaving early. The problem is all the students who aren't showing up at all. Stadium was dead. Nobody would even stand and make noise on 3rd down. Sad!
    That’s what happens in Ruston when the team isn’t providing anything to your college experience

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

I just don’t understand what’s different this year.

Yes the team is younger, but we went from playing for the conference championship to praying for no more losses.

There are things this team doesn’t do that we did last year.
    1. We don’t throw over the middle. I haven’t seen a single crossing route. These were our bread and butter last year.
    2. We don’t run a lot of bubble or middle screens.
    3. Most of our passes are towards the sidelines.
    4. Every running play we run is from the shotgun.

The playbook is really small. We are very easy to defend against.

So why did Holtz who has respectable to good offenses for 3 straight years all of a sudden go into a turtle shell?

And don’t say players because it’s the coaches job to find the right players to run their offense. This is Holtz’s team.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Our line can't block.

Our WR can't separate.

Our QBs and RBs can't overcome those two realities.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Receivers are getting open. Our QB can't make the reads.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Receivers are getting open. Our QB can't make the reads.
    Open is fine for a good QB. A sophomore QB needs his targets to have separation.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Open is fine for a good QB. A sophomore QB needs his targets to have separation.
    How much separation? Open is open. We got guys running around waiving their arms jumping up and down. He can't see them.

How much separation? Open is open. We got guys running around waiving their arms jumping up and down. He can't see them.
    I don't know...more apparently. I haven't been able to watch the past two games, so I can't intelligently comment on them. Separation was an issue in the previous games.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

The carburetors don't carb.
    The generators don't gen.
    And the pistons - well they don't work either.

Any talk of firing Skip this year is total nonsense. Tech would never fire a coach after 1 losing season unless maybe he went winless.

Thanks to his new contract negotiated by T-Mac, Skip's new buyout is $3,208,333 this offseason, and there is ZERO chance Tech would ever pay that.

We have to accept Skip is our coach for the long haul (like the admin and most of the fan base wanted) and hope he can right the ship soon. Any discussion otherwise is crazy talk.
    Texas A&M and Arkansas call that cheap. The Booster club pays for that not the school. It would be the EXCUSE on why they won't fire him, not the reason. Tech leadership loves to make excuses for keeping a bad coach.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Any talk of firing Skip this year is total nonsense. Tech would never fire a coach after 1 losing season unless maybe he went winless.

Thanks to his new contract negotiated by T-Mac, Skip's new buyout is $3,208,333 this offseason, and there is ZERO chance Tech would ever pay that.

We have to accept Skip is our coach for the long haul (like the admin and most of the fan base wanted) and hope he can right the ship soon. Any discussion otherwise is crazy talk.
    Please take a photo of the crowd this Saturday (because I won't be there) and then come back and tell us how crazy the talk is.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

Yes the team is younger, but we went from playing for the conference championship to praying for no more losses.

There are things this team doesn’t do that we did last year.
    1. We don’t throw over the middle. I haven’t seen a single crossing route. These were our bread and butter last year.
    2. We don’t run a lot of bubble or middle screens.
    3. Most of our passes are towards the sidelines.
    4. Every running play we run is from the shotgun.

The playbook is really small. We are very easy to defend against.

So why did Holtz who has respectable to good offenses for 3 straight years all of a sudden go into a turtle shell?

And don’t say players because it’s the coaches job to find the right players to run their offense. This is Holtz’s team.
    That's a really good post.

All kidding aside, my family had a discussion the other day about whether or not J'Mar Smith needs glasses. He just can't see a thing out there.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    That’s what happens in Ruston when the team isn’t providing anything to your college experience
    I just can't understand or deal with this mindset. I drove all over the south and midwest to watch the Dawgs during my five football seasons in Ruston, and we were actually pretty mediocre most of those years. It's not up to the team to provide anything to my college experience. It's part of my college experience to add something to the team. The priorities are backward. These college kids aren't some alum who donated thousands and thousands of dollars to their alma mater. They pay zero extra dollars to attend the home football games. They're just lazy and uninterested. It was like that when I was a student. It had gotten better. This year has been awful from a student attendance and participation standpoint.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I just can't understand or deal with this mindset. I drove all over the south and midwest to watch the Dawgs during my five football seasons in Ruston, and we were actually pretty mediocre most of those years. It's not up to the team to provide anything to my college experience. It's part of my college experience to add something to the team. The priorities are backward. These college kids aren't some alum who donated thousands and thousands of dollars to their alma mater. They pay zero extra dollars to attend the home football games. They're just lazy and uninterested. It was like that when I was a student. It had gotten better. This year has been awful from a student attendance and participation standpoint.
    I agree. I think the students is 100% on TMac for 1) not improving the experience and 2) actively destroying the experience.

The bad team just gives a good excuse, and since our administration can't build loyalty, there's no reason to stay.

+ Reply to Thread