+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Leader in FG Attempts = LA Tech

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Thumbs Down CUSA Leader in FG Attempts = LA Tech

Through 9 games LA Tech has approximately doubled every team in CUSA in FG attempts. We are 17 of 23, while nearly every team in the conference has attempted only HALF this many FG attempts. Just more evidence that getting into FG range for yet another conservative FG attempt is our offensive mindset.

We all knew when we got our last FG to go up 23-17, that we would lose 23-24 again by -1 point. Two FGs and zero TDs in the entire second half were a killer.

"The majority of USF fans, myself included wanted to give him a few more years only if he made major changes to his staff but the growing issue of multiple game management errors and lack of drive/intensity to win during games soured that thought real quick. He never once showed guts on the football field and gambled, even when our season was already lost." -USF Fan

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: CUSA Leader in FG Attempts = LA Tech

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Through 9 games LA Tech has approximately doubled every team in CUSA in FG attempts. We are 17 of 23, while nearly every team in the conference has attempted only HALF this many FG attempts. Just more evidence that conservatively getting into FG range for yet another FG attempt is our offensive mindset.

We all knew that when we got our last FG to go up 23-17, that we would lose 23-24 again by -1 point. Two FGs in the second half were a killer.

"The majority of USF fans, myself included wanted to give him a few more years only if he made major changes to his staff but the growing issue of multiple game management errors and lack of drive/intensity to win during games soured that thought real quick. He never once showed guts on the football field and gambled, even when our season was already lost." -USF Fan
    That was exactly my thought when we kicked that last FG. I was just holding on hoping, but prepared myself early.... I think we are 8 points exactly from being 7-1 now.

Counting on the Saints today to help me out of this funk. I can't even read the other posts on this board today, so going to stay away except for this post.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

UNT attempted just 1 FG, while we attempted 4 FGs. However they scored 3 TDs to our 2. Maybe vs FAU next week we can hit 6 of 6 FGs and beat them 25-24?

Yeah, right- solid game plan

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

It's not just that Tech is attempting that many FGs, but it's that Holtz goes into a complete shell before many of the FG attempts. The 2nd and 5 and 3rd and 3 calls before the last made FG were Holtz doing his latest turtle impersonation.

If a FG there would have given Tech a 2-score lead, I can accept minimizing risk. But a 6-point lead isn't really that much better than a 3-point lead, so taking more risk there is what good coaching dictates.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

If he had gone for it on 3rd down and not gotten it would fans be upset? I don't think so other than those of us who were upset about the 2nd and 3rd down calls.

He began "playing not to lose" in the first quarter.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As I posted elsewhere, when it was 20-17 and 3rd and 2+, you ONLY run that conservative running play to Craft if you have already decided it's 4-down territory. If you have decided you're gonna kick a FG if you fail to pick up the 1st then you run a play on 3rd that actually gives you a chance to pick up the first down. UNT was selling out on run blitz on that 3rd down play because they had no choice. They needed a stop...and we GAVE them one.

BTW, before Barnes' missed 53-yd FG was that not PI on Watts? Looked like it to me. I watched the UNT DB come over to the bench; he looked like the cat that ate the canary....and got away with it.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    As I posted elsewhere, when it was 20-17 and 3rd and 2+, you ONLY run that conservative running play to Craft if you have already decided it's 4-down territory. If you have decided you're gonna kick a FG if you fail to pick up the 1st then you run a play on 3rd that actually gives you a chance to pick up the first down. UNT was selling out on run blitz on that 3rd down play because they had no choice. They needed a stop...and we GAVE them one.

BTW, before Barnes' missed 53-yd FG was that not PI on Watts? Looked like it to me. I watched the UNT DB come over to the bench; he looked like the cat that ate the canary....and got away with it.
    YES it was from where I was sitting... I was hollering about no flag!!

Champ FriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    It was either a PI or holding. But J'Mar's wounded duck pass in the 3rd quarter was probably an interception and not incomplete, and J'Mar lost a fumble recovered by NT that was ruled down when he wasn't before the late first half TD.

Go out and try to win the game instead of playing not to lose, and you don't have to worry about an official swallowing the whistle.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Through 9 games LA Tech has approximately doubled every team in CUSA in FG attempts. We are 17 of 23, while nearly every team in the conference has attempted only HALF this many FG attempts. Just more evidence that getting into FG range for yet another conservative FG attempt is our offensive mindset.

We all knew when we got our last FG to go up 23-17, that we would lose 23-24 again by -1 point. Two FGs and zero TDs in the entire second half were a killer.

Post of the Year.^^

I'm beside myself with anger here on the day after because so much of this nonsense was avoidable.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    YES it was from where I was sitting... I was hollering about no flag!!
    No you weren't. Because I was the ONLY person in the stands yelling about that play. I was also the only fan yelling about some other bad calls, bad "ball spots" by the refs, etc... Nobody else in that stadium gave a crap.

That JAS crowd was dead, dead, dead yesterday. No life whatsoever. And unless Holtz announces a NEW STARTING QB, I probably won't be going back to JAS this year. Like most of our fans, I'll watch our remaining games on TV or thru social media, but as far as traveling anymore, I'm done. I just don't enjoy supporting a team that doesn't care about winning as much as I do. I wish the team all the best. I've already attended 4 home games and 3 road games this season, with only one game being closer than 250 miles from my home. But I just won't continue to invest the time, energy and money into something that I know isn't going to work. Playing J'Mar is a waste of time. At least this year. And I refuse to TRAVEL to go watch him do it anymore. I already know how this show ends.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

This is the most boring Tech football has been since Larry Bechtol in 1979. This is really hard to watch.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

If you come sit with me West side OO for 27 seats 7-10 you will have one other person yelling with you. I told my son if we do not have a new line coach at a minimum and we are as bad as we are this year i will be walking around pregame with a sack over my head ! Please do not quit on us. Ben

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    This is the most boring Tech football has been since Larry Bechtol in 1979. This is really hard to watch.
    This is honestly the worst part of the whole season. The game is supposed to be fun and exciting to watch, but for the games I made the trip down there I found myself searching for distractions by halftime because I had already seen everything that was going to happen on the field. And I had to drive 1100 miles to be so entertained!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    No you weren't. Because I was the ONLY person in the stands yelling about that play. I was also the only fan yelling about some other bad calls, bad "ball spots" by the refs, etc... Nobody else in that stadium gave a crap.

That JAS crowd was dead, dead, dead yesterday. No life whatsoever. And unless Holtz announces a NEW STARTING QB, I probably won't be going back to JAS this year. Like most of our fans, I'll watch our remaining games on TV or thru social media, but as far as traveling anymore, I'm done. I just don't enjoy supporting a team that doesn't care about winning as much as I do. I wish the team all the best. I've already attended 4 home games and 3 road games this season, with only one game being closer than 250 miles from my home. But I just won't continue to invest the time, energy and money into something that I know isn't going to work. Playing J'Mar is a waste of time. At least this year. And I refuse to TRAVEL to go watch him do it anymore. I already know how this show ends.
    Yep, they would give the Eagles a spot 1 yard further down the field.....for us...two yards less than it should have been. But, EVERY GAME, we are playing against the other team and the refs.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Yep, they would give the Eagles a spot 1 yard further down the field.....for us...two yards less than it should have been. But, EVERY GAME, we are playing against the other team and the refs.
    Yes, Tech refs are horrible, but they didn't coach this team into a horrible record.

+ Reply to Thread