+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

Re: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    After bringing up The WAC, I got to reminiscing, I do miss a lot of those games like Fresno, Hawaii, and Boise. Those teams were not the little sisters of the poor, and most all of them has went on to a better conference.

Remember Pat Hill, he was kind of a nasty guy, but they had attendance and support and were in the national spotlight a lot. Pat Hill never won a WAC championship outright that I know of, only shared in it one year. Their Motto Anybody, anywhere, anytime (actually ours first) got them a lot of recognition and BCS games. According to WIKI, Pat Hill was 44-19 in the WAC, won 17 games against BCS teams and was 4-7 in bowl games, thats 11 bowl games.

Fresno had exciting football, Most everyone in the WAC had exciting football, just not good locations for TECH. My point being, they had a crazy ass coach who could not win his conference but people still came to see his teams, Hill was wide open and going for broke a lot of times, and just as likely to lose as he was to win, but they still came.

Fresno was a nobody university at one time, and look what they did. (I know, different part of the country and larger population, but they still energized the valley)
    The first game in the Joe was against East Carolina. We beat Louisville in the Independence Bowl. Boise State and the like have reached a different level. It is discouraging that we cannot keep up. Ever Loyal Be. Will be in stands for last 2 homegames.just heartbreaking and frustrating.

Champ BRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to beholdBRDawg81 is a splendid one to behold

I took a look back in Tech's history. It seems there was a coach in his fourth year. He had gone to bowls the two previous years, but in his fourth year he was 2-8. That was Maxie Lambright and the next four years he went 44-4 and won a national championship. Wasn't here so don't know what happened in 1970 but it was a good thing that the BBB wasn't around. Might have worked to get Maxie fired. I will be there for the last two home games. See ya'll then.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRDawg81 View Post
    I took a look back in Tech's history. It seems there was a coach in his fourth year. He had gone to bowls the two previous years, but in his fourth year he was 2-8. That was Maxie Lambright and the next four years he went 44-4 and won a national championship. Wasn't here so don't know what happened in 1970 but it was a good thing that the BBB wasn't around. Might have worked to get Maxie fired. I will be there for the last two home games. See ya'll then.
    Brilliant comparison...NOT! Are you 10 or 85?

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

I've pretty much given up this season! If we make it to a Bowl depending on where it's at, I'll try to make it. If Skippy is back next year...well I'll re-evaluate how much I'll invest into this program in terms of LTAC and alumni contributions. My biggest will be with my youngest and her tuition!

Big Dog JL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the roughJL is a jewel in the rough

Yes to this! Take away a few QB transfers and this spiral would have started sooner. Didn't Sonny get Trent, Carlos and Xavier?

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    I'm beginning to rethink all that we heard about how bare Dykes left the cupboard.

These are all Holtz's recruits.

Are we headed down the USF path?

It's starting to feel like it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JL View Post
    Yes to this! Take away a few QB transfers and this spiral would have started sooner. Didn't Sonny get Trent, Carlos and Xavier?
    We lucked up on Trent. Had he been coming out of high school now, Holtz would only give him preferred walk on status.

Carlos was a Holtz get. Pretty sure he was part of the Juluke to Tech deal.

Woods was in Holtz first class, but had been recruited by Dykes.

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

I think one of the luckiest things to happen to Holtz was Diaz in 2014. When you can't win the championship with Diaz at DC and Sokol at QB and Dixon in the backfield, you probably never will.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I think one of the luckiest things to happen to Holtz was Diaz in 2014. When you can't win the championship with Diaz at DC and Sokol at QB and Dixon in the backfield, you probably never will.
    It's really scary when you think about the number of NFL players that have come thru LA Tech in the last 5 years, and Holtz still hasn't managed to win 10 games in one season. He has literally coached his teams down to a 56% average winning percentage, despite having more raw talent in 5 years than most college coaches will get in 15 years.

Tim Rattay teams went 9-2, 6-6, and 8-3, if things back then were like what they are today that would have been 3 bowls in a row and on this board people act like Holtz is the only one that has ever done that. We should be forever grateful for Skip Holtz for beating Arkansas State in a bowl game, sarcasm.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We are actually losing less road games than home games this year. One more home (Ruston) loss and Holtz will have tied his previous 4 years home loss combined total. Over his 5 years we have performed exactly the same in Ruston as we did the 5 years before him.

LA Tech's record in games played in Ruston over the last 10 years:
    2017 2-4 (lost to Miss St,, USM, UNT, FAU)
    2016 5-0
    2015 5-1 (lost to USM)
    2014 4-1 (lost to Northwestern St)
    2013 2-3 (lost to Tulane, UNT, Tulsa)

2012 4-1
    2011 3-2
    2010 2-4
    2009 4-1
    2008 5-1

+ Reply to Thread