Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
I sure hope that your employees constantly keep their eyes open for the next job because if you show that little loyalty for good work, it's going to be hard to keep workers. Skip Holtz led us to three straight bowl victories. He's had two subpar years sandwiched around those three years. I'm as frustrated as the next guy about this season, but I'm so sick and tired of the way things are going in college athletics where coaches get fired at the first sign of adversity within the program. Three straight bowl victories should earn you a reprieve for one negative season.
Did he really? 3 straight bowls? We didn't know this. PLEASE TELL US MORE!!

I don't disagree with the fact that 3 bowl victories has probably earned Holtz some grace. For now, at least. I even said so on another thread. (So you're late to the prom.) But, as I also stated in the other thread, Holtz needs to be told that he's walking on thin ice, the boogey man is in the hallway, and he should be FORCED --yes, FORCED-- to fire his current OC and hire a good OC. Because all the data from this year's games suggest that this team can't score offensively.