Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
After bringing up The WAC, I got to reminiscing, I do miss a lot of those games like Fresno, Hawaii, and Boise. Those teams were not the little sisters of the poor, and most all of them has went on to a better conference.

Remember Pat Hill, he was kind of a nasty guy, but they had attendance and support and were in the national spotlight a lot. Pat Hill never won a WAC championship outright that I know of, only shared in it one year. Their Motto Anybody, anywhere, anytime (actually ours first) got them a lot of recognition and BCS games. According to WIKI, Pat Hill was 44-19 in the WAC, won 17 games against BCS teams and was 4-7 in bowl games, thats 11 bowl games.

Fresno had exciting football, Most everyone in the WAC had exciting football, just not good locations for TECH. My point being, they had a crazy ass coach who could not win his conference but people still came to see his teams, Hill was wide open and going for broke a lot of times, and just as likely to lose as he was to win, but they still came.

Fresno was a nobody university at one time, and look what they did. (I know, different part of the country and larger population, but they still energized the valley)
The first game in the Joe was against East Carolina. We beat Louisville in the Independence Bowl. Boise State and the like have reached a different level. It is discouraging that we cannot keep up. Ever Loyal Be. Will be in stands for last 2 homegames.just heartbreaking and frustrating.