+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Holtz's Worst Season Thusfar Here

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    Texas A&M and Arkansas call that cheap. The Booster club pays for that not the school. It would be the EXCUSE on why they won't fire him, not the reason. Tech leadership loves to make excuses for keeping a bad coach.
    You are comparing Tech's resources to Texas A&M and Arkansas?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Please take a photo of the crowd this Saturday (because I won't be there) and then come back and tell us how crazy the talk is.
    Let me repeat: There is now a $3,208,333 buyout to fire Skip. Tech would only get $300,000 if Skip is hired away.

That's what's crazy. That makes this discussion about T-Mac's poor negotiating skills, not Skip's employment.

Like it or not, Skip will be our coach for a long time.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I just can't understand or deal with this mindset. I drove all over the south and midwest to watch the Dawgs during my five football seasons in Ruston, and we were actually pretty mediocre most of those years. It's not up to the team to provide anything to my college experience. It's part of my college experience to add something to the team. The priorities are backward. These college kids aren't some alum who donated thousands and thousands of dollars to their alma mater. They pay zero extra dollars to attend the home football games. They're just lazy and uninterested. It was like that when I was a student. It had gotten better. This year has been awful from a student attendance and participation standpoint.
    Bret I agree man but I spent four years in Ruston from starting in fall 2010 and that’s just how it is.

If we score in bunches and kill teams they’ll hang their hat on not being able to beat a power 5 team.

We pretty much need to be able to legitimately hang with LSU to gain the respect of not only our own students, but the average joe in N. La. We have to beat the Kansas States and moo states to gain the respect. Unfortunately, our coach prioritizes our conference games only which is also unfortunately against a bunch of directional schools that no one respects (except S.Miss. They are respected. We call them dad)

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Bret I agree man but I spent four years in Ruston from starting in fall 2010 and that’s just how it is.

If we score in bunches and kill teams they’ll hang their hat on not being able to beat a power 5 team.

We pretty much need to be able to legitimately hang with LSU to gain the respect of not only our own students, but the average joe in N. La. We have to beat the Kansas States and moo states to gain the respect. Unfortunately, our coach prioritizes our conference games only which is also unfortunately against a bunch of directional schools that no one respects (except S.Miss. They are respected. We call them dad)
    Same year I did. I've seen a lot of bad bad losses in those years and a few great moments.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

If this is what it looks like for coaches to love Ruston, I don’t like it. Conspiracy theory, but is it possible they are throwing the season so they can stay in a town where they run everything? Maybe they figure they can win 3 of 4 years and tank one and remain the big fish in Rustons little pond? Why else would we lose 4 games in which we were leading in the 4th quarter?

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    All kidding aside, my family had a discussion the other day about whether or not J'Mar Smith needs glasses. He just can't see a thing out there.
    JMar when not confident, doesn't look at any other receivers. He doesn't check off at all. He stares down his receiver from snap until he throws it. Regardless of who else may be open.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You are comparing Tech's resources to Texas A&M and Arkansas?

I am comparing 3 million to 15 million. I know we have 3 million, but Tech loves to play the were just lil ole La Tech card. Boise State paid Arkansas State 3 million to hire their football coach. Whatever Holtz's buyout is we have no choice we have to do it. Our football program really suffered keeping JB3 too long and we are in that situation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    I am comparing 3 million to 15 million. I know we have 3 million, but Tech loves to play the were just lil ole La Tech card. Boise State paid Arkansas State 3 million to hire their football coach. Whatever Holtz's buyout is we have no choice we have to do it. Our football program really suffered keeping JB3 too long and we are in that situation again.
    No.

Sumlin's buyout: $10,416,667
    Texas A&M athletics revenue last year: $194,388,450 (0% subsidized)
    Texas A&M athletics surplus last year: $57,286,676

Bert's buyout: $5,874,227
    Arkansas athletics revenue last year: $124,981,042 (0% subsidized)
    Arkansas athletics surplus last year: $19,347,466

Skip's buyout: $3,208,333
    Louisiana Tech athletics revenue last year: $23,388,735 (43.4% subsidized)
    Louisiana Tech athletics surplus last year: "$286,339"

Washington's buyout payment to Boise State: $750,000
    Boise State's buyout payment to Arkansas State: $1,750,000
    Net buyout for Boise State: $1,000,000
    Boise State athletics revenue last year: $46,611,768 (27.2% subsidized)

Please just stop with all the nonsense.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

So let's put TMac's salary into a special fund.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    No.

Sumlin's buyout: $10,416,667
    Texas A&M athletics revenue last year: $194,388,450 (0% subsidized)
    Texas A&M athletics surplus last year: $57,286,676

Bert's buyout: $5,874,227
    Arkansas athletics revenue last year: $124,981,042 (0% subsidized)
    Arkansas athletics surplus last year: $19,347,466

Skip's buyout: $3,208,333
    Louisiana Tech athletics revenue last year: $23,388,735 (43.4% subsidized)
    Louisiana Tech athletics surplus last year: "$286,339"

Washington's buyout payment to Boise State: $750,000
    Boise State's buyout payment to Arkansas State: $1,750,000
    Net buyout for Boise State: $1,000,000
    Boise State athletics revenue last year: $46,611,768 (27.2% subsidized)

Please just stop with all the nonsense.
    Boom. Roasted. Facts. Thank you.

Facts bother some people on BBB. Fake news!!!!

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    It's not up to the team to provide anything to my college experience. It's part of my college experience to add something to the team. The priorities are backward.
    I disagree with this logic. It is not my responsibility as a student or alumni to watch a crappy product. Sports are entertainment--nothing more. If the product being put on the field (or court) is not entertaining, then no one is going to voluntarily choose to spend their time watching it, regardless of whether it is free or not. This concept applies equally to students, alumni, and casual fans. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand this basic concept. Right now, La Tech football is a boring product. On top of that, the team is losing. That is a deadly combination which causes a drop in attendance at any school. It's the chief reason I have attended only one game this season, and probably will not attend another. It's just not worth my 8-hr round-trip drive.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    I disagree with this logic. It is not my responsibility as a student or alumni to watch a crappy product. Sports are entertainment--nothing more. If the product being put on the field (or court) is not entertaining, then no one is going to voluntarily choose to spend their time watching it, regardless of whether it is free or not. This concept applies equally to students, alumni, and casual fans. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand this basic concept. Right now, La Tech football is a boring product. On top of that, the team is losing. That is a deadly combination which causes a drop in attendance at any school. It's the chief reason I have attended only one game this season, and probably will not attend another. It's just not worth my 8-hr round-trip drive.

Exactly! At this point, there are many other things that are more worth my time. They already have our money for season tickets. Why waste money on concessions and time to get over there and watch when I can sit in my living room floor and play cards or board games with my kids?

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikedog View Post
    I agree as an alum, disagree as a student. I feel the same for the students at my high school. It should be part of the college and high school experience, in my opinion.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Professional sports are entertainment and nothing more. I don't feel the same about college athletics.

That said, this year has been pretty brutal.
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Boom. Roasted. Facts. Thank you.

Facts bother some people on BBB. Fake news!!!!
    NOPE. I am the one bringing facts. I believe Arkansas is 11 million and A&M is 15 million. That has nothing to do with us coming up with 3 million. Like I said before Boise State gave Arkansas State 3 million to hire their coach. Even if I am mistaken on their buyout numbers, I know that Tech has 3 million to buyout Holtz.

+ Reply to Thread