+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Week 11: FAU (11/11)

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Week 11: FAU (11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I believe that Les sitting with the students must mean something. He surely has noticed the drop off in student attendance and enthusiasm and hopefully knows who to pin the blame the athletic department - starting at the top. TMac is satisfied with Southland attendance and play. Some of you think he is padding his resume, but it sure ain't working. I don't think NSU or Nicholls would take him now.
    Les is will aware of the root of the student issues and its not the athletic department.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    Les is will aware of the root of the student issues and its not the athletic department.
    Who is to blame then?

Student attendance in both football and MBB has gone down since our AD has been in charge.

Our AD is to blame for the 8:00AM tailgate fiasco. That stupid move came DIRECTLY from him.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    We already onside punted twice...they'd be ready for it.
    This might be the funniest post of the Year. Well done!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildawg View Post
    The last 25% of this game day thread is very funny. I gotta give you guys credit for keeping a sense of humor about this shit show we call LA Tech football.

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I laughed at that. We left half way through the 3rd quarter. In the first half, my dad walked out to get a jacket and the lady at the gate told him if he left the stadium he could not get back in. Of course he did come back in, but what a joke- they should have been begging people to come in, not being a pain for those that were there. If they have 10k there I would be surprised. If we don't win next week, there will be less than 5k. The game sucked, it is a waste of time to sit there and watch it when that is the product we put out-16.5k- not even close.
    When my brother and I walked thru the ticket gate on Saturday, the girl ticket-taker said to us firmly, "If you leave the stadium you can't get back in." That was all she said to us. She didn't say "Welcome to Joe Aillet Stadium"...or "enjoy the football game", or anything nice. She simply threatened us. It was that kind of a week for me.

I told her, "You've lost your mind. You guys ought to be begging people to come in."

I'm getting really close to the edge on LA Tech football. It's not going to take much more for me to tell LA Tech football to go hump themselves. This is the toughest year I can recall since maybe the 2000 (?) season. But even back then, we had Luke McCown to look forward to. Right now, I just don't don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. And it's depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    Dr Guice yet again showed his awesome leadership by sitting on the East side among the students who did show up. Dr Guice has a very nice suite in the new press box, but would rather be with his students. He has really fought to bring our athletics to the promised land.

It’s not unlike the ancient story of Moses leading the Israelites to the River Jordan and saying there is the land of milk and honey for the taking just as promised. But then the Israelites (HCSH) said oh we must be very careful and conservative or we could possibly fail.

No HCSH! You were supposed to charge in like Joshua the worrier and take it - but you hesitated. You were not one of us, and yet we brought you into the Tech Family and gave you a wonderful opportunity and equipped you with better facilities and support than any Tech coach before you and all we asked was for you to take the fight to our opponents, but now it seems you may be more concerned about Skip Holts not losing than Louisiana Tech winning.
    Real good post.

What does THAT mean?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We've had a lot of student injuries lately and it has affected home attendance. We hope to get a number of students back in the stands for the UTSA game. Jimmie Smith has been out with a lingering hangover, Ronnie Johnson picked up some bad Mexican in West Monroe Thursday night, and Marybeth Higginbotham has been out for two weeks with a recurring acne thing that she can't seem to shake. She's prettymuch day to day, we'll evaluate her status a little closer to game day. Its very frustrating having all of these people out with a plethora of ailments, but its next student up at this point in the season.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We've had a lot of student injuries lately and it has affected home attendance. We hope to get a number of students back in the stands for the UTSA game. Jimmie Smith has been out with a lingering hangover, Ronnie Johnson picked up some bad Mexican in West Monroe Thursday night, and Marybeth Higginbotham has been out for two weeks with a recurring acne thing that she can't seem to shake. She's prettymuch day to day, we'll evaluate her status a little closer to game day. Its very frustrating having all of these people out with a plethora of ailments, but its next student up at this point in the season.
    So is that 50 student injuries, 70, or perhaps 90?

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Well you missed the fact that many of the healthy students are only juniors (or should I say redshirt sophomores) that are so young they have problems finding the stadium. But they'll be back next season and by then will be able to spot the Joe from their dorm rooms. And all will be well.

And these additional fans in the stands can join the rest of us screaming such things as "Driskel is lined up at receiver. It's going to be a pass. PASS, PASS, PASS, PASS..." in the fading hopes someone on the field will hear us.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    When my brother and I walked thru the ticket gate on Saturday, the girl ticket-taker said to us firmly, "If you leave the stadium you can't get back in." That was all she said to us. She didn't say "Welcome to Joe Aillet Stadium"...or "enjoy the football game", or anything nice. She simply threatened us. It was that kind of a week for me.

I told her, "You've lost your mind. You guys ought to be begging people to come in."

I'm getting really close to the edge on LA Tech football. It's not going to take much more for me to tell LA Tech football to go hump themselves. This is the toughest year I can recall since maybe the 2000 (?) season. But even back then, we had Luke McCown to look forward to. Right now, I just don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. And it's depressing.
    I do....it's a speeding train about to run over what's left of Tech football.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I do....it's a speeding train about to run over what's left of Tech football.
    The Lane Train didn't leave much to destroy.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Thanks for the laugh. That was great.

+ Reply to Thread