+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Week 11: FAU (11/11)

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Week 11: FAU (11/11)

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I laughed at that. We left half way through the 3rd quarter. In the first half, my dad walked out to get a jacket and the lady at the gate told him if he left the stadium he could not get back in. Of course he did come back in, but what a joke- they should have been begging people to come in, not being a pain for those that were there. If they have 10k there I would be surprised. If we don't win next week, there will be less than 5k. The game sucked, it is a waste of time to sit there and watch it when that is the product we put out-16.5k- not even close.
    wow, that's sad that they treated your dad that way.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Dawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to allDawg74 is a name known to all

I am sorry your dad was treated that way..I ALMOST ALWAYS GO OUT at halftime, and ALWAYS ASK, and every time they say no problem, you can come right back in..sounds like somebody trying to be important...thats ridiculous really...

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg74 View Post
    ..sounds like somebody trying to be important...thats ridiculous really...
    Our AD has been hiring game day over achiever workers since his first year on the job. How does a guy with no people skills hire people w/out people skills to hire more people w/out people skills?

Ask our AD about it, and he denies the problems exist.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    In the first half, my dad walked out to get a jacket and the lady at the gate told him if he left the stadium he could not get back in. Of course he did come back in, but what a joke
    They should tell people "If you leave now we can't let you back in unless you find at least one other person to come back in with you."

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    Yep, the AD set this up to be AT MINIMUM an 8 win season for Skip. But at least with all of the FGs we've kicked this season we have a new all time leading scorer AND our starting QB got to sit in the dugout with his baseball buds in the spring. Maybe we will find a passing offense next spring with someone who wants to be a fulltime QB?
    BVDV set this schedule up

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    They should tell people "If you leave now we can't let you back in unless you find at least one other person to come back in with you."
    That was the funniest part of it. They should have been begging people to come in.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

The guys from USF who came and posted on here when we hired Skip were obviously Prophets, they have been eerily correct. Some of us even argued with those guys and others just brushed them off as disgruntled fans, never would I have thought that it would end up exactly like they said.

I am sure we will keep Skip another year, but I believe it is a lost cause, I don't like saying that, but I am afraid it is a fact.

Skip will not make any changes, no one in charge will tell him he needs to, and he will continue reading off his canned responses and excuses after each game.

I have read this evening and heard on the call in show the word "rebuilding" a little too much, this is Skips 5th year, it should always be reloading, not rebuilding. Most coaches deserve an off year after some success, every year cannot be perfect, small down-ticks in experience and performance are expected. This is not a Down-tick, it is a disaster, dumpster fire, towering inferno, super storm of a program failure, this will not get better with time. This is just a different situation, would love to give Skip another year, but in this instance, I would rather us be like Skip and play not to lose. We can not take multiple years of this which is what I think our administration is willing to give him.

I heard a couple of folks on the call in trying to be optimistic, but I really don't believe that they even believed it themselves, stop punishing yourselves guys, it's true, we are screwed.

For those that want to be optimistic and pump the sunshine, go ahead, we all know what the end result of this debacle will be, some of us just want the end to be sooner rather than later. The end does not necessarily mean firing Skip, but there needs to be a lot of changes in leadership, methods, and enthusiasm. I don't think Skip can change or will change any of that, I wish he would/could, that is a better alternative to looking for a new coach, I want it to work, just do not think it can.

I don't believe you are warranted a pass as a coach with five years of coaching a team and your three winning seasons are book ended with losing seasons, especially with the last losing season being only 4 wins with solely your players.

Champ FriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond reputeFriscoDog has a reputation beyond repute FriscoDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    The guys from USF who came and posted on here when we hired Skip were obviously Prophets, they have been eerily correct. Some of us even argued with those guys and others just brushed them off as disgruntled fans, never would I have thought that it would end up exactly like they said.

I am sure we will keep Skip another year, but I believe it is a lost cause, I don't like saying that, but I am afraid it is a fact.

Skip will not make any changes, no one in charge will tell him he needs to, and he will continue reading off his canned responses and excuses after each game.

I have read this evening and heard on the call in show the word "rebuilding" a little too much, this is Skips 5th year, it should always be reloading, not rebuilding. Most coaches deserve an off year after some success, every year cannot be perfect, small down-ticks in experience and performance are expected. This is not a Down-tick, it is a disaster, dumpster fire, towering inferno, super storm of a program failure, this will not get better with time. This is just a different situation, would love to give Skip another year, but in this instance, I would rather us be like Skip and play not to lose. We can not take multiple years of this which is what I think our administration is willing to give him.

I heard a couple of folks on the call in trying to be optimistic, but I really don't believe that they even believed it themselves, stop punishing yourselves guys, it's true, we are screwed.

For those that want to be optimistic and pump the sunshine, go ahead, we all know what the end result of this debacle will be, some of us just want the end to be sooner rather than later. The end does not necessarily mean firing Skip, but there needs to be a lot of changes in leadership, methods, and enthusiasm. I don't think Skip can change or will change any of that, I wish he would/could, that is a better alternative to looking for a new coach, I want it to work, just do not think it can.

I don't believe you are warranted a pass as a coach with five years of coaching a team and your three winning seasons are book ended with losing seasons, especially with the last losing season being only 4 wins with solely your players.
    I'm afraid we will have Skip around for much longer than a year. This was the first year on a 5 year deal. We are stuck with him for at least 3 more years. I just hope that it doesn't turn into another Bicknell and Oakes type of dumpster fire that takes a long time to recover from.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    I'm afraid we will have Skip around for much longer than a year. This was the first year on a 5 year deal. We are stuck with him for at least 3 more years. I just hope that it doesn't turn into another Bicknell and Oakes type of dumpster fire that takes a long time to recover from.
    C'mon man, let me dream a little!

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

There are a lot of things that Tech does that don't make sense to me, but one that drives me absolutely crazy is almost every handoff play is run at walk through speed and there is no attempt to disguise what is about to happen. I'm surprised we don't have a handoff (pick) six every game since a defensive player is usually in the backfield by the time a handoff is made. Or it will be a pass play and J'Mar holds the ball for 4 or 5 seconds before being sacked. If there is a reception, it is because a receiver makes an acrobatic catch. Or make a good pass and the receiver drops it. Barnes, Barnes, Barnes (enough said)....

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Three observations.

1, Red Zone playcalling is the absolute worst. We seem to move the ball between the 20s fine, but in the Red Zone we get conservative and bad. J’Mar was passing over the middle and it was working tonight. We get pass the 20 and forget this play. It’s going to be some run, another run, and another run inside the 20.

2. Mass confusion multiple times. I saw several occasions where the players were scrambling or scratching their heads or running the wrong routes or didn’t know they were getting the ball. Whatever the coaches are doing to get the play into the players isn’t working. It’s creating a mixed up offense. Sometimes they looked like they had never run the play before in their lives. One time J’Mar was telling another player they were in the wrong spot. This is insane for this level of football. This is jr. high stuff.

3. Kicking. FGs don’t win games. Especially trading for touchdowns. When they are up by two TDs and you are back in the red zone you have to go all out to stay in the game. Our punting is the absolute worst. We went from Ryan Allen to a guy who can’t kick the ball 10 yards. (Btw he’s the third string punter!) As good as Barnes is on FGs, I don’t understand why he can’t kickoff out of the end zone. In FBS football you have to kickoff out of he end zone. It is a requirement now. Nobody should recruit a kicker who cannot do this. FAU’s kicker did it consistently. This really helps special teams.

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoDog View Post
    LA Tech can afford to buy him out. They just love making excuses for keeping a really bad coach. LA Tech will never be successful because they keep bad coaches for too long.

Champ Dawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant futureDawg Fan has a brilliant future Dawg Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Skip Holtz View Post
    LA Tech can afford to buy him out. They just love making excuses for keeping a really bad coach. LA Tech will never be successful because they keep bad coaches for too long.
    Sometime even good coaches get fired (e.g., Mark Richt, Les Miles, Manny Diaz). When things get out of whack, starting over with new blood can be a good thing. And good coaches can move on and succeed at other schools. A lot of good things have happened during Holtz's tenure, but I'm afraid an irreversible downturn has begun that might require a reboot to turn things around.

Champ RhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhinoDawg has a reputation beyond repute

What was announced attendance. It was much worse than I thought it would be no more than 4,000 would be my estimate.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RhinoDawg View Post
    What was announced attendance. It was much worse than I thought it would be no more than 4,000 would be my estimate.
    16511 which is not to be confused with 16510.

Looked like less than 3000 on the east side.

How did the spell out go?

+ Reply to Thread