+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A note to our fans & alums who drive a long way....

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: A note to our fans & alums who drive a long way....

Make it fun? Man! we have the Dairy Queen sprint, the helmet shuffle, we play "Wagon Wheel" every game for a sing-along, we have Nancy "wadies and gwentlwen" Bergeron as a band announcer...I mean come on, what else could a CFB fan want!?

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CARTEK View Post
    TMc screwed the frats and everyone else with his asinine tailgating rules...
    Drove into JAS about 1:00pm Saturday via the entrance that takes me past Hideaway Park and there were exactly ZERO students tailgating. Way to go Tech Administration. Bravo.......(Sarcasm)

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Drove into JAS about 1:00pm Saturday via the entrance that takes me past Hideaway Park and there were exactly ZERO students tailgating. Way to go Tech Administration. Bravo.......(Sarcasm)
    Do you have a red parking pass?

Varsity Bulldog ETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of lightETxBullDawg is a glorious beacon of light ETxBullDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Do you have a red parking pass?
    Man you must be a retired detective!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETxBullDawg View Post
    Man you must be a retired detective!!!
    Yeah, that's it.

The Barney's hired by our AD to guard the entrances have not been checking for the last two games. They destroyed attendance in the first two games, but now our AD just says "screw it". He then goes for the weak photo op with his boss on the east side with 100 other peeps who don't want to be in attendance.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

Why are we so obsessed with the Greeks, are they interested in themselves, the university, or there little Greek world. They were leaving at halftime before any changes were made, they are part of the problem. Face it across the country the perception for Greek life is negative and is becoming a liability to all universities, would not let that group influence policy.

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Why are we so obsessed with the Greeks, are they interested in themselves, the university, or there little Greek world. They were leaving at halftime before any changes were made, they are part of the problem. Face it across the country the perception for Greek life is negative and is becoming a liability to all universities, would not let that group influence policy.
    The "Greeks" were never the majority of the east side or hideaway park tailgating. The students have been ignored and treated like crap since our current AD took over. Just go look at before and after pics of the crowds.

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

So a colleague of mine goes to a different college stadium with his brothers each year. This last weekend he went to Madison, Wisconsin. Their big group event/tradition is the "Jump" between the 3rd and 4th quarters. In fact, he said that the student section was a bit spotty in term of attendance, but near the end of the 3rd quarter, it filled up for the Jump.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post
    So a colleague of mine goes to a different college stadium with his brothers each year. This last weekend he went to Madison, Wisconsin. Their big group event/tradition is the "Jump" between the 3rd and 4th quarters. In fact, he said that the student section was a bit spotty in term of attendance, but near the end of the 3rd quarter, it filled up for the Jump.

Good stuff!

Bonanza Theme followed by the jump. Was that Wyoming players jumping too?

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

How long has the Hideaway park tailgating been going on? I usually don't venture that way (mostly because 8+ years ago when I had season tickets and lived closer there was nobody in the park before the game).

I went in there this year before the Mississippi State game and thought how ingenious it was to tailgate there. Much nicer than the tents set up on the parking lot. I thought to myself that this was a "tradition" that was obviously happening on its own (which is the way most meaningful traditions happen...not by having someone announce over the loud speaker that we are "starting a new tradition today", which is totally dumb).

Did they restrict people from going in there now? Having that park a couple hundred yards from the football stadium is something few other universities can claim.

I just don't understand Tech sometimes. Last year when I tried to buy tickets on the west side (for two games) I was laughed at by the guy in the booth and told I would have to be a MAJOR contributor to sit in those seats. So I watched the football game from the cheap seats on the east side and looked at all the empty seats on the west I could have paid a premium for. Now I don't bother and just sit close to the band in the cheap seats.

Sometimes I think they intentionally run folks off.

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    How long has the Hideaway park tailgating been going on? I usually don't venture that way (mostly because 8+ years ago when I had season tickets and lived closer there was nobody in the park before the game).

I went in there this year before the Mississippi State game and thought how ingenious it was to tailgate there. Much nicer than the tents set up on the parking lot. I thought to myself that this was a "tradition" that was obviously happening on its own (which is the way most meaningful traditions happen...not by having someone announce over the loud speaker that we are "starting a new tradition today", which is totally dumb).

Did they restrict people from going in there now? Having that park a couple hundred yards from the football stadium is something few other universities can claim.

I just don't understand Tech sometimes. Last year when I tried to buy tickets on the west side (for two games) I was laughed at by the guy in the booth and told I would have to be a MAJOR contributor to sit in those seats. So I watched the football game from the cheap seats on the east side and looked at all the empty seats on the west I could have paid a premium for. Now I don't bother and just sit close to the band in the cheap seats.

Sometimes I think they intentionally run folks off.
    From what I understand the administration actually encouraged the students to use Hideaway a few years ago. My guess is around 4-5 years ago. Not certain about when.

The unreasonable restrictions our AD put in place prevented any students or fans not having a red parking pass from turning onto Bulldog Drive after 8:00AM. Up until this year it had been 4:00PM for a 6:00PM game or two hours before kickoff. There were never any real problems since students and fans did not actually park but simply unloaded to tailgate.

The students tried to make it work for the first two games, but THEN our administration sent a letter to them warning that ATC would be issuing under age tickets in Hideaway. Naturally the students felt unwelcome and apparently found better things to do on game day.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Good stuff!

Bonanza Theme followed by the jump. Was that Wyoming players jumping too?
    Reinforcing the "white's got no rhythm" stereotype.

And yes, Wyoming players were jumping, too.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by olddog75 View Post

Kinda surprised that they still let them do that. Back in 1993, this happened:

http://host.madison.com/news/local/r...cc4c002e0.html

http://host.madison.com/wsj/news/loc...577cc31de.html

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for posting this.

This is exactly the kind of thing our inept AD should be saying as a form of damage control. Instead he is trying to rip off the boy scouts to help fill what were sure to be empty seats even if we were winning.
    How?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

From what I understand the administration actually encouraged the students to use Hideaway a few years ago. My guess is around 4-5 years ago. Not certain about when.

The unreasonable restrictions our AD put in place prevented any students or fans not having a red parking pass from turning onto Bulldog Drive after 8:00AM. Up until this year it had been 4:00PM for a 6:00PM game or two hours before kickoff. There were never any real problems since students and fans did not actually park but simply unloaded to tailgate.

The students tried to make it work for the first two games, but THEN our administration sent a letter to them warning that ATC would be issuing under age tickets in Hideaway. Naturally the students felt unwelcome and apparently found better things to do on game day.
    Real smart to threaten folks when our university badly NEEDS student involvement. Dr. Guice should have a long talk with Jethro. Besides, I don't think it is illegal to drink alcohol, no matter what age one is.

+ Reply to Thread