+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Basketball Media Day

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Conf Cusa Basketball Media Day

C-USA Basketball Media Day was last week in Frisco.

None of our local media made the short drive to cover it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Basketball Media Day

Yep...

If I were in charge I would drop our association with Gannett altogether and focus on the locals
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Maybe our new communications person will recognize the wasted "in kind" transfer and suggest a move away from Gannett? I doubt it.

Other (real) sponsors should demand it.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

I would focus on the following -

Bossier-Press Tribune
    Minden Press Herald
    Ouachita Citizen
    Ruston Daily Leader

Then my 2nd tier would be weekly papers like

Homer Guardian Journal
    Bernice Banner
    Bienville Democrat

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Yep...

If I were in charge I would drop our association with Gannett altogether and focus on the locals
    Amazing thing is Gannett sent their beat writer from Murfreesboro to cover the MTSU angle, but they suck too much to drive 3 hours to cover it for Tech.

No print. No TV. No radio. No online. Our media is lazy and doesn't care.

They would've had 100% access to every basketball coach, any C-USA official they wanted including the commish, and the first look at Jerry's other world that's going to be turned into a basketball facility.

Varsity Bulldog bdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud ofbdawg has much to be proud of bdawg's Avatar

Bossier-Press Tribune
    Minden Press Herald
    Ouachita Citizen
    Ruston Daily Leader

Homer Guardian Journal
    Bernice Banner
    Bienville Democrat
    With Ouachita Citizen, you would also get the Franklin Sun (Winnsboro) and the Concordia Sentinel.

Bossier-Press Tribune
    Minden Press Herald
    Ouachita Citizen
    Ruston Daily Leader

Homer Guardian Journal
    Bernice Banner
    Bienville Democrat
    + Farmerville Gazette and Bastrop Enterprise

Personally deliver all of these papers media passes and parking stickers prior to the start of football, basketball and baseball season -

Have a press luncheon catered prior to each season and personally invite the papers (i.e. have the sport SID and HC call the OWNER and/or managing editor)

You make these papers fill BIG TIME - while they may not make every game, they may make some games and give us some press instead of NO press - and they might start sending their HS stringer to Ruston on Saturdays and basketball game nights - even if it is a high school senior writing for them

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Personally deliver all of these papers media passes and parking stickers prior to the start of football, basketball and baseball season -

Have a press luncheon catered prior to each season and personally invite the papers (i.e. have the sport SID and HC call the OWNER and/or managing editor)

You make these papers fill BIG TIME - while they may not make every game, they may make some games and give us some press instead of NO press - and they might start sending their HS stringer to Ruston on Saturdays and basketball game nights - even if it is a high school senior writing for them
    Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning!

As if this would EVER cross the minds of our marketing people...it's too good an idea.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

I emailed Ferrell before the season and asked if Diaz would be covering the team for away games. He implied that he would be. I assume the CUSA media days would also apply.

Thanks for the email. It is my understanding that Cory will travel to away football games – whether that is selected or all of them, I am not sure. I do believe that his going to Conference USA Media Days is a good sign.

Thanks for your interest.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I emailed Ferrell before the season and asked if Diaz would be covering the team for away games. He implied that he would be. I assume the CUSA media days would also apply.

Thanks for the email. It is my understanding that Cory will travel to away football games – whether that is selected or all of them, I am not sure. I do believe that his going to Conference USA Media Days is a good sign.

Thanks for your interest.
    Lol. Diaz didn't even go to the Rice game. He hasn't covered a single Tech road game all season.

Not only is Gannett/Ferrell not sending Diaz to cover Tech (or maybe Diaz just really doesn't care to cover Tech), they aren't even hiring a temp freelancer to cover our road games. Even The BR Advocate hires a temp freelancer in DFW to cover C-USA football media days. Heck, Jerry Byrd is covering FAU in Ruston for the Fort Lauderdale paper this weekend.

One of our former frequent posters here on THE BBB has been hired to do freelance work for The Democrat Gazette in covering a SWAC team near, but not in Little Rock.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Amazing thing is Gannett sent their beat writer from Murfreesboro to cover the MTSU angle, but they suck too much to drive 3 hours to cover it for Tech.

No print. No TV. No radio. No online. Our media is lazy and doesn't care.

They would've had 100% access to every basketball coach, any C-USA official they wanted including the commish, and the first look at Jerry's other world that's going to be turned into a basketball facility.
    I get the criticism of the media as much as anyone. I was a part of that world, and still am to a large extent. I got criticism when I worked at the paper, and I've given my fair share since. However, I don't think this is as much a media laziness problem as it is a demand for the product. North Louisiana simply is not a basketball community. There's no real demand for the sport. It's a very football-centric community, and everything else takes a back seat until after football season. As someone who loves basketball, it's been frustrating to me for years.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I get the criticism of the media as much as anyone. I was a part of that world, and still am to a large extent. I got criticism when I worked at the paper, and I've given my fair share since. However, I don't think this is as much a media laziness problem as it is a demand for the product. North Louisiana simply is not a basketball community. There's no real demand for the sport. It's a very football-centric community, and everything else takes a back seat until after football season. As someone who loves basketball, it's been frustrating to me for years.
    Open your eyes Brett - it's laziness period, it just carries over to basketball and baseball...

Has NOTHING to do with a football centric area

You've been in the local highschool gyms, they are pretty well attended - why LOCAL CONNECTION

TECH needs to tap into that local connection in all sports - and you can't do that through the Times or NewsStar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Our media is lazy and doesn't care.
    Now now....who TOLD YOU THIS years ago? And who has repeatedly told you that the north Louisiana "media" is the laziest pack of worthless toilet turds you'll ever find anywhere? That's right, "Uncle HogDawg" has been telling you and our BB&B buddies this for years. So don't act so surprised. Uncle HD is glad to see you finally come around.

+ Reply to Thread