+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Football. Postgame Quotes - latechsports.com

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Football. Postgame Quotes - latechsports.com

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Quotes

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Re: Football. Postgame Quotes - latechsports.com

Let's compare some quotes from the HC's after the game:

SKIP HOLTZ: "Yeah, we came in at halftime and had 24 more plays than them, and I thought this had the makings to be a really competitive football game, but some things happened in the first half that got us down a little bit. We gave up two big plays in man coverage, double pass on one of them."

SKIP HOLTZ: "This was a long game. This was a physical game. I think Coach Kiffin has done a really nice job there. They made the big plays today, and we tried to load the box, stop the running game a little bit and lost our eyes in man."

QUESTION TO LANE KIFFIN:
    Q. It seemed like two touchdowns in the first half were -- you were using the aggressiveness of the Tech defense against them with the little flea flicker play and also the fake screen for the touchdown. Was that something you saw coming into the game or a byproduct of what they were doing that you saw in the first half?

LANE KIFFIN RESPONSE:
    "That was really -- I just felt that even if we missed them, we had to do that because everyone is just playing us down like this because of our run game. And these guys did exactly what we thought. They played man on us every snap in the first half with an extra guy in the box, so felt that if we took these and hit them -- but even if you miss them at least then they've got to back up a little bit and you can run the ball a little better later, which is what we did."

SKIP HOLTZ:"
    After the first half I think the game had all the makings to be a competitive game, but again, in the second half we just -- we moved the ball well, but again, we sputtered at times and were just very limited in what we were able to get done. It's hard without a running game, and that's what we've got to look at hard with what we're doing and giving our players a chance, but our players have got to take some responsibility on what we've got to do to get better in the running game, as well."

LANE KIFFIN: "You've got to look at your program as a whole; if you're going to be a championship program, you've got to get rid of your flaws as you go because they're going to come up. We're going to keep playing good teams and better teams, and if you go to Conference Championship and bowl game and those things, they're going to get better, so you need to get rid of those, so today was really good to be able to do that, get rid of the passing issue that we've had lately."

QUESTION TO KIFFIN:
    Kerrith Whyte, the first kickoff return in school history. Could you just talk about that?

LANE KIFFIN: "Yeah, it really was a great play by him. We didn't block a guy and the guy was right there, so that's not coaching, that's recruiting."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Football. Postgame Quotes - latechsports.com

On the double pass.....that is just dumb-ass by our coaches. Really? their QB spread out and them in a wildcat. There should have been someone assigned to him, a spy, because he's going to be involved in the play in some way. That play was so s-l-o-w developing that Driskel should still have one of our helmets imbedded in his chest! The ball? Who knows, but it probably would have been a fumble.

That whole sequence set the tone for the night. After we missed the tying FG, I said to someone standing by me....this game will be 13-3 in a minute or so. I didn't think it would be just 10 seconds or so!

+ Reply to Thread