+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: This week's questions for Skip?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: This week's questions for Skip?

Have you considered playing the receivers who have proven they can block and catch a football instead of those who just pass the "eye test" but can't catch a cold and are afraid of contact?

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Do you ever get tired of the critics and naysayers?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by eagle2180 View Post

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. "
    Holtz never came close to saying or thinking what Teddy said or thought.

Champ eagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to beholdeagle2180 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Holtz never came close to saying or thinking what Teddy said or thought.
    And you have never walked the sidelines as a coach.....

And you have never walked the sidelines as a coach.....
    So? That does not disqualify me and other fans from knowing how weak our HC is?

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’d like to know, what’s been the point of putting in back-up QB Elliot in the last two games in such unproductive situations?

I can’t see that it’s really doing Elliot any good other than maybe to help him make up his mind that he’d likely be treated better somewhere else.

One sure way for Holtz to seal the deal on J’Mar being his guy is to run off all other candidates. What’s the count so far of departed QBs 3(?)?

Why not play him? Game is in hand... play the backups. Been going on for years. What options does Elliot have? He was an academic qualifier yet played at a JC......

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

“Coach, do you ever get upset about anything?”

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    So? That does not disqualify me and other fans from knowing how weak our HC is?
    if you have never been in the arena as a coach... I would say you don't truly understand the game.....Maybe why Coach Mick quit posting here.

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

I think coach Mick does not post so he does not give us fans qualified opinions that would reflect poorly on our current staff and A.D. IMHO .

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

if you have never been in the arena as a coach... I would say you don't truly understand the game.

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    I think coach Mick does not post so he does not give us fans qualified opinions that would reflect poorly on our current staff and A.D. IMHO .
    Maybe so... I don't agree.

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    No high horse here, just wonder how many of the critics have actually ridden a horse!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

No high horse here, just wonder how many of the critics have actually ridden a horse!
    I had two "tours" as a football coach. 1) I was head coach for a Pop Warner team, 2) I was DC for a small academy playing LISA football.

But, I played high school football for some very good coaches. I give ALL the credit for our success to them. Frankly, we were a bunch of small players who had no business being as successful, no, as dominant! as we were. Our DC, Coach Henry Rando, used to say, "my players are small....but they are slow." Actually, he was just being him, he always put us down. Was never satisfied no matter what we accomplished on the field. But, the HOURS and HOURS of film study, and our Sunday afternoon "skull sessions" where we also watched hours of film where he showed us our next opponent's tendencies is just a small example of the intense coaching we benefitted from. Our practices were brutal. We had more players hurt in practice than we ever did in games.

Point is, I think I know something of what a HUGE difference good coaching makes.

And why is it, with the Sunshine Pumpers, that Tech always has a great coach, one beyond reproach, yet we rarely actually accomplish anything great? In this case, Skip Holtz, who I think is a "good" coach, but is hardly someone not deserving of some criticism.

if you have never been in the arena as a coach... I would say you don't truly understand the game.
    I'm a fan not a coach. Our coach is paid well to make decisions other coaches don't have trouble making. Clock management and special teams are just two of those weaknesses in Holtz. It's football 101 with other coaches.

+ Reply to Thread