+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CUSA Standings

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

CUSA Standings

Of 14 CUSA teams only 3 have a worse overall record than us. We have some serious 'rebuilding' to do after Holtz's 5th season as head coach.

East
    CUSA Overall

Florida Atlantic 6-0 7-3
    Florida Intl 4-2 6-3
    Marshall 4-2 7-3
    Middle Tennessee 3-3 5-5
    Western Kentucky 3-3 5-5
    Old Dominion 2-4 4-6
    Charlotte 1-5 1-9

West CUSA Overall
    North Texas 6-1 7-3
    UAB 5-2 7-3
    Southern Mississippi 4-2 6-4
    UT San Antonio 2-4 5-4
    Louisiana Tech 2-4 4-6
    Rice 1-5 1-9
    UTEP 0-6 0-10

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: CUSA Standings

I admit, I never would have picked FAU, and FIU right behind them, in the east, or UNT and UAB to be 1-2 in the west. And, I figured we'd go 6-2 and 8-4. Well, that's why I don't bet on sports.

Varsity Bulldog frogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to allfrogdog is a name known to all frogdog's Avatar

I thought 7-5 we may be 1 game short, coaches should not be evaluated on one season and first season Is generally a give me. I will say that I am not enthusiastic about the O-Line play and coach, bad performance in red zone, for any team, lays on them.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

I expected 6-6 or 7-5 this season. Of course we are rebuilding. You can't lose 80% of your offense and not be rebuilding.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NTXDawg View Post
    I expected 6-6 or 7-5 this season. Of course we are rebuilding. You can't lose 80% of your offense and not be rebuilding.
    This is not a rebuild for Tech. If we are "rebuilding" we are in big, BIG, trouble. Other than Amik Robertson, no underclassman has performed worth chit this year. Nobody from the under classes is stepping up. Even Jaylon Ferguson --our lone, supposed NFL prospect-- pulled a disappearing act this season. This team is leaderless, and has no stars. Only one play maker (Teddy Veal). No competence. This is literally a team with a very low FOOTBALL IQ. Which means we'll have to go thru another "rebuilding year" next year.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Geezus, that is one hell of a lame post. Holtz has been here 5 years, why should we ever be rebuilding?

Any season we win less than 8 games with this conference schedule is inexcusable.

Big Dog NTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to beholdNTXDawg is a splendid one to behold NTXDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    This is not a rebuild for Tech. If we are "rebuilding" we are in big, BIG, trouble. Other than Amik Robertson, no underclassman has performed worth chit this year. Nobody from the under classes is stepping up. Even Jaylon Ferguson --our lone, supposed NFL prospect-- pulled a disappearing act this season. This team is leaderless, and has no stars. Only one play maker (Teddy Veal). No competence. This is literally a team with a very low FOOTBALL IQ. Which means we'll have to go thru another "rebuilding year" next year.
    Don't disagree with much of what you said. That's why we are losing. J'Mar hasn't "settled in" as the season has progressed. Our receivers haven't stepped up. We have no player leadership. This team doesn't know how to finish games. What's different from this team to the last three? We are young and inexperienced at some KEY positions. Definition of a rebuilding year. And yes, you may be correct. Next year might be some of the same. Hopefully the players who remain will figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    Geezus, that is one hell of a lame post. Holtz has been here 5 years, why should we ever be rebuilding?

Any season we win less than 8 games with this conference schedule is inexcusable.
    Why should we ever be rebuilding??? You serious? Maybe because we aren't Alabama. Very few, a very select few school can simply reload. Most have to rebuild every few years. I'll take one rebuilding year in 4. Or 2 in 5 if you want to count his first year. I knew we would slide back this year. I think what was unexpected is how much some of the other schools would improve.

Take a look at the following. Looks like even the big boys have to rebuild sometimes. Even with all the advantages of better coaches and budgets.
    Florida State 3-6
    Texas 5-5
    Kansas St 5-5
    Nebraska 4-6
    Oregon 5-5
    Florida 3-6
    Tennessee 4-6

I'm not saying I'm happy. Hopefully some changes will happen this off-season....oh never mind.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Why should we ever be rebuilding??? You serious? Maybe because we aren't Alabama. Very few, a very select few school can simply reload. Most have to rebuild every few years. I'll take one rebuilding year in 4. Or 2 in 5 if you want to count his first year. I knew we would slide back this year. I think what was unexpected is how much some of the other schools would improve.

Take a look at the following. Looks like even the big boys have to rebuild sometimes. Even with all the advantages of better coaches and budgets.
    Florida State 3-6
    Texas 5-5
    Kansas St 5-5
    Nebraska 4-6
    Oregon 5-5
    Florida 3-6
    Tennessee 4-6

I'm not saying I'm happy. Hopefully some changes will happen this off-season....oh never mind.
    I get your point but...

Every single one of those schools is in a much much tougher conference.

This schedule was PERFECTLY set up for a soft landing for Holtz, if indeed he needed a "rebuild." Yet he crashed through the bottom and likely set us back 10-15 years.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Florida State 3-6
    Texas 5-5
    Kansas St 5-5
    Nebraska 4-6
    Oregon 5-5
    Florida 3-6
    Tennessee 4-6

Rebuild?

-- Tennessee & Florida have already fired their coaches. Does that sound like their fans are gonna wait for a rebuild? Are you recommending us fire Holtz?
    -- Kansas State has only had one winning football coach EVER in Manhattan: Bill Snyder. Remember when he retired in 2008? They BEGGED him to come back. They can't fire Snyder because nobody else knows how to win in that God forsaken place.
    -- Tom Herman is brand new at Texas, so he gets a 1-yr pass. Holtz has been in Ruston for 5 YEARS!
    -- Willie Taggert is brand new at Oregon, so he gets a 1-yr pass. Again, Holtz has been in Ruston for 5 YEARS!
    -- Nebraska is NOT rebuilding. The Huskers are actually on a long, down hill slide. The changing landscape of college football and switching to the Big 10 conference (more competitive) has done irreparable damage to Nebraska's football fortunes. This is not what Holtz is facing.
    -- Florida State. Now here's a team that can legitimately complain about injuries. They lost their All-World starting QB Deondre Francois, to a nasty, season ending injury back in Week 1. Again, this is not the situation Holtz is facing.

Big Dog BCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to allBCSDAWG is a name known to all

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Rebuild?

-- Tennessee & Florida have already fired their coaches. Does that sound like their fans are gonna wait for a rebuild? Are you recommending us fire Holtz?
    -- Kansas State has only had one winning football coach EVER in Manhattan: Bill Snyder. Remember when he retired in 2008? They BEGGED him to come back. They can't fire Snyder because nobody else knows how to win in that God forsaken place.
    -- Tom Herman is brand new at Texas, so he gets a 1-yr pass. Holtz has been in Ruston for 5 YEARS!
    -- Willie Taggert is brand new at Oregon, so he gets a 1-yr pass. Again, Holtz has been in Ruston for 5 YEARS!
    -- Nebraska is NOT rebuilding. The Huskers are actually on a long, down hill slide. The changing landscape of college football and switching to the Big 10 conference (more competitive) has done irreparable damage to Nebraska's football fortunes. This is not what Holtz is facing.
    -- Florida State. Now here's a team that can legitimately complain about injuries. They lost their All-World starting QB Deondre Francois, to a nasty, season ending injury back in Week 1. Again, this is not the situation Holtz is facing.
    But wait...haven't we had 90+ injuries to deal with this year?!?!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Which 6 teams did you think we'd lose to? The ones we lost to? That's laughable. You must be a billionaire with that kind of vision into the future.

We didn't lose 80% of our offense.

-Losing our QB obviously hurt the most.

-We lost two great receivers. Neither one of them would have contributed this year with the offense we've run or with our QB situation.

80% really?

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I get your point but...

Every single one of those schools is in a much much tougher conference.

This schedule was PERFECTLY set up for a soft landing for Holtz, if indeed he needed a "rebuild." Yet he crashed through the bottom and likely set us back 10-15 years.
    Agreed, much better conference. Those school would also get much better overall talent than us, so its relative.

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    Which 6 teams did you think we'd lose to? The ones we lost to? That's laughable. You must be a billionaire with that kind of vision into the future.

We didn't lose 80% of our offense.

-Losing our QB obviously hurt the most.

-We lost two great receivers. Neither one of them would have contributed this year with the offense we've run or with our QB situation.

80% really?
    Miss St, WKU (at their place), South Carolina, S Miss (because its S Miss) and 1 or 2 WTF games. So thats 6-6 or 7-5. Not that difficult.

I guess we'll just have to disagree with the impact of losing Driskel, Taylor and Henderson. I believe it was HUGE. Not just their actual performance, but the opening up of the entire offense. As HogDawg has said frequently, "its about the QB". Well its also about some other key players as well.

In case y'all misunderstand me. This season is/will be a disaster. I'm not happy about it at all. Highly likely we will finish 5-7 and potentially 4-8(if we lose to UTEP, that would truly be embarrassing). Never should happen with this schedule. All I'm saying is the predictions of 11-1 and 10-2 were crazy.

+ Reply to Thread