+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Their Coach, Our Coach

Varsity Bulldog collardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to beholdcollardgreens is a splendid one to behold collardgreens's Avatar

Their Coach, Our Coach

Their coach: Went for it on 4th down inside his own 25
    Our coach: Didn't go for it inside THEIR 10 twice

Both in the first half...when the game was still in reach.

I am reticent to ever criticize college athletes, so I won't. I am NOT reticent to criticize college coaches. Our lack of audacity is breath-taking. Simply breath-taking

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Re: Their Coach, Our Coach

Their coach won...ours lost!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Their coach is trying to resurrect a coaching career that went awry...ours is trying to resurrect an awry career!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Their coach went for 2pt conversion early in the 1st quarter. Has Skippy ever attempted 2 in his entire career when the situation didn't absolutely call for it?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Their coach called a trick play, has Skippy ever?.....oh, never mind.

Their coach calls running plays that aren't the stretch/zone run.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I thought it was very interesting in the Bama game when the Tide didn’t settle for field goal positioning on their last drive. The plays they called challenged the D and resulted in a TD. They didn’t play for a Skippy field goal. As a result Miss St was demoralized and essentially gave up knowing they had to play for more than a field goal.

It really does make a difference in taking the fight out of a team as we’re now feeling.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

What was with the lame "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" call that DeJuawn Oliver received after making a great reception for a 1st down on 3rd and 13? According to the White hat referee, Oliver was penalized for making a 1st Down motion with his arm after making the catch and running very hard for the 1st down. That penalty was devastating to our team at that time. It killed our drive, and took the wind out of our sails. Instead of a new 1st down and 10 around our own 45-yd line, we ended up in a 3rd and 20-something backed up deep in our own territory. We just couldn't do anything right after that.

One hour later, I'm watching the Alabama-Miss St game, and a Miss St player made a 1st down against Bama. And just as Oliver did against FAU, the Miss St player got up off the ground and made the exact SAME 1st down motion with his right arm. But the Miss St player received no penalty. No unsportsmanlike conduct. So his team's drive stayed alive.

We've all seen college players make the "1st Down motion" with their arm without receiving a penalty. I've seen it hundreds of times. In fact, I specifically remember when we played UAB earlier this season, the Blazers had a couple of players make that same "1st Down motion" several times during our game, without being penalized. I also remember a WKU RB making the exact same 1st down motion at least twice without consequence.

What's the deal?

Skip Holtz needs to put a stop to this kind of nonsense from referees. Our players shouldn't be penalized for something that other players from other teams aren't getting penalized for.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    What was with the lame "Unsportsmanlike Conduct" call that DeJuawn Oliver received after making a great reception for a 1st down on 3rd and 13? According to the White hat referee, Oliver was penalized for making a 1st Down motion with his arm after making the catch and running very hard for the 1st down. That penalty was devastating to our team at that time. It killed our drive, and took the wind out of our sails. Instead of a new 1st down and 10 around our own 45-yd line, we ended up in a 3rd and 20-something backed up deep in our own territory. We just couldn't do anything right after that.

One hour later, I'm watching the Alabama-Miss St game, and a Miss St player made a 1st down against Bama. And just as Oliver did against FAU, the Miss St player got up off the ground and made the exact SAME 1st down motion with his right arm. But the Miss St player received no penalty. No unsportsmanlike conduct. So his team's drive stayed alive.

We've all seen college players make the "1st Down motion" with their arm without receiving a penalty. I've seen it hundreds of times. In fact, I specifically remember when we played UAB earlier this season, the Blazers had a couple of players make that same "1st Down motion" several times during our game, without being penalized. I also remember a WKU RB making the exact same 1st down motion at least twice without consequence.

What's the deal?

Skip Holtz needs to put a stop to this kind of nonsense from referees. Our players shouldn't be penalized for something that other players from other teams aren't getting penalized for.
    I'm beginning to think it's less that the refs have it "out" for us (every fanbase thinks that) and just that the crew knows Holtz has no balls, and he doesn't call them on it. So stupid stuff goes unchallenged.

When was the last time he threw a challenge flag? Much less argued.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I'm beginning to think it's less that the refs have it "out" for us (every fanbase thinks that) and just that the crew knows Holtz has no balls, and he doesn't call them on it. So stupid stuff goes unchallenged.

I have been saying this all year and have been chastised for it, Skip is a wuss when it comes to the refs. I can probably count on one hand how many times I have saw Skip get even slightly animated with the refs, most of the time when Skip goes out to talk to ref, I think he just tells them "good job".

Refs will take the path of least resistance!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post

Holtz has NO PASSION for the game.

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when Holtz doesn’t challenge the refs or make an issue of what they call and don’t call he is betraying his players. If he won’t fight for them then why should they fight for him.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, when Holtz doesn’t challenge the refs or make an issue of what they call and don’t call he is betraying his players. If he won’t fight for them then why should they fight for him.
    Crazy to think we all wish Holtz would get mad enough at least every now and then that the refs would contemplate throwing him out.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

What a coach should look like every once in a while, being a man, fighting for his players.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/sz_K...ampragin.0.gif

Champ mildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond reputemildawg has a reputation beyond repute mildawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Holtz has NO PASSION for the game.
    Very good way of putting it. Very blasé. Almost robotic in the way he seems to go through the motions, thinking that process over innovation/creativity will get the job done.

+ Reply to Thread