+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Week 12: @UTEP (11/18)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Utep Week 12: @UTEP (11/18)

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Re: Week 12: @UTEP (11/18)

2004 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion Bone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant futureBone_afide_Dawg has a brilliant future Bone_afide_Dawg's Avatar

Call me crazy but I want Tech to win out, get a bowl offer and win it too. While knowing full well that it will cement in Holtz’s mind that he managed the whole season exactly like he knew he should have and that he’s brilliant above all of us Sunday morning coaches, I still want “the team” to finish up on an up-stroke.

I just can’t help but want for Tech’s success even if the credit ends up where it really doesn’t belong. Need I name, names?

Seeing Holtz crash and burn with this painful underachieving season does no good for the program which is what’s most important.

Go Dawgs, please! Do it for yourselves.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bone_afide_Dawg View Post
    Call me crazy but I want Tech to win out, get a bowl offer and win it too. While knowing full well that it will cement in Holtz’s mind that he managed the whole season exactly like he knew he should have and that he’s brilliant above all of us Sunday morning coaches, I still want “the team” to finish up on an up-stroke.

I just can’t help but want for Tech’s success even if the credit ends up where it really doesn’t belong. Need I name, names?

Seeing Holtz crash and burn with this painful underachieving season does no good for the program which is what’s most important.

Go Dawgs, please! Do it for yourselves.
    After 3 straight bowl wins, all of our backup QBs transferred out because they knew they would not get a fair shake.

Superficial success does good for Holtz. I don't know what it does for Tech.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I totally have switched to basketball season.

Varsity Bulldog old dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of lightold dawg is a glorious beacon of light

I have been a member of this board for 15 years or so, and I don't ever remember us having a coach who was not trashed by some of our members. Our current coach is of course no exception, and I am sure the next one will receive the same treatment.

I hate losing as much as anyone on this board, and losing the way our guys did hurts even more, but I don't understand how you guys can be so sure that the backup qb's that left were better than Smith, or that the junior college transfer is better.

It is easy, and I suppose it is a form of catharsis, to second guess coaching decisions, since we don't have to live with the results of those decisions. I guess that is why message boards are so popular.

My only problem with Coach Holtz is that I believe he heaps too much praise on his players. I think the world of Jonathan Barnes, but all that public praise may have added a little pressure to his kicks, and saying J'Mar is going to be a rock star may have put a little too much on his shoulders trying to live up to that billing. Even if it doesn't, it may cause us fans to have unrealistic expectations for those players.

I am sure I will get lambasted for saying this, but I would be happy with a mediocre season every fourth year with three successful ones in between, and I definitely want our guys to win out!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post

I hate losing as much as anyone on this board, and losing the way our guys did hurts even more, but I don't understand how you guys can be so sure that the backup qb's that left were better than Smith, or that the junior college transfer is better.
    I haven't seen any posters here who are convinced our 2nd string guy is better, but several believe he deserves a chance to work in mop up duty even if the mop up duty is in a losing cause like last week.

I haven't seen any posters who are convinced that our quitter QBs were better than JMar, but logic says they left because they knew they would not get a fair shake from Holtz.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by old dawg View Post
    I have been a member of this board for 15 years or so, and I don't ever remember us having a coach who was not trashed by some of our members. Our current coach is of course no exception, and I am sure the next one will receive the same treatment.

It is easy, and I suppose it is a form of catharsis, to second guess coaching decisions, since we don't have to live with the results of those decisions. I guess that is why message boards are so popular.

My only problem with Coach Holtz is that I believe he heaps too much praise on his players. I think the world of Jonathan Barnes, but all that public praise may have added a little pressure to his kicks, and saying J'Mar is going to be a rock star may have put a little too much on his shoulders trying to live up to that billing. Even if it doesn't, it may cause us fans to have unrealistic expectations for those players.

I am sure I will get lambasted for saying this, but I would be happy with a mediocre season every fourth year with three successful ones in between, and I definitely want our guys to win out!
    Some may have been anxious to bash the HC, but most of us simply started out analyzing what was happening with our program and play calling. Anyone and everyone can be an armchair QB and many try to be.

This year seems so different to many of us, the manner we are losing in seems different, even different from JBIII and those were some hard times. The exciting brand of football(win or lose) that we once played seems to be disappearing rather quickly.

First of all,there is no guarantee that Elliott is as good or better than J'Mar. Most would like to find out though and skips failure to put Elliott in the FAU after the game was out of hand to give him some snaps and to protect J'mar from injury was just a classic example of the many questionable call being made this year. That's not armchair QB'ing, that's a lack of common sense and a missed opportunity for Skip and Elliott.

The two QB's that transferred out, were they better or as good as J'Mar, who knows for right now, we will know in a couple of years as I believe Abraham signed with USM, they apparently thought he was serviceable. The transfer of the two QB's was mysterious, that just does not happen in the manner that it did, at least not for good reason. We lost two Backups just before the season who were just one play away from being a starter. There is something wrong with that picture, anyone can see it and Skip, Rattay, and those two QB's know but are not talking.

We have an OC who we never see and many do not even know who he is, which by the way is probably best, he is not very good, history shows that. Our HC has the same things to say at every pre game and post game conference because he keeps making the same mistakes over, and over, and over.

Yes, Holtz per-maturely piled on the praise, he should have refrained somewhat until we saw the product on the field. This bunch does have High expectations, we should always have high expectations and push our coaches and administration to expect the same or many will remain in that SLC state of mind.

This is not a mediocre season, it falls below that standard, we have a team that has been regressing all season rather than improving.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I haven't seen any posters here who are convinced our 2nd string guy is better, but several believe he deserves a chance to work in mop up duty even if the mop up duty is in a losing cause like last week.

I haven't seen any posters who are convinced that our quitter QBs were better than JMar, but logic says they left because they knew they would not get a fair shake from Holtz.
    You are correct, PD. I haven't seen a single LA Tech fan post saying "our backup qb's that left were better than Smith, or that the junior college transfer is better".

Unfortunately, in old dawg we have a confused and wayward fan who just likes to make stuff up. I guess he just likes to stir the pot. He appears to be one of those "blame the fans" posters. For the life of me I don't understand why. It's not the fan's fault we are 4-6.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

A mediocre season, with this schedule, where we are, is 7-5. That's the absolute lowest this team should ever see in the conference we are in.

Anything worse than that and some hard questions need to be asked.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

They left for the green grass! Most of the time, that green grass isn't so green when you get on the other side of the fence!!!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    They left for the green grass! Most of the time, that green grass isn't so green when you get on the other side of the fence!!!
    Nah, they left because our HC was putting the screws to them. BOTH of them left and we've seen what our HC wanted in place of them.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah, they left because our HC was putting the screws to them. BOTH of them left and we've seen what our HC wanted in place of them.

If those transfers are proven to be right, what will happen in Ruston?

Anything?

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    If those transfers are proven to be right, what will happen in Ruston?

Anything?
    I think they have proven to be right and we've already seen what will happen...

Our HC has no confidence in the guy he anointed the starter so he won't let him play the game. We have an old man playing the game instead of a great athlete.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I think they have proven to be right and we've already seen what will happen...

Our HC has no confidence in the guy he anointed the starter so he won't let him play the game. We have an old man playing the game instead of a great athlete.
    I agree, but was thinking more along re lines of watching to see if those 2 guys have success. Will anyone with power at Tech notice or care?

+ Reply to Thread