+ Reply to Thread

Thread: North Texas IPF & T&F

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

Unt North Texas IPF & T&F

I was visiting the CUSA board a few weeks ago and I noticed that some of the NT guys were talking about construction plans for a new IPF and Track and Field Complex. I thought NT was supposed to add baseball when they were able to, being able to finance those two projects sounds to me like they can afford Baseball. Am I wrong about this, or was this just a handshake and a wink deal where the conference and NT both knew they would never be forced to add Baseball. I cannot remember the deal when NT was added, but I do remember baseball being mentioned a lot. I don't know if it was mandatory for NT to add BB or not, if it was, would our Commissioner press the issue?

I am not wishing anything bad for NT, as a matter of fact, good for them if they were able to make a deal where it was their choice to add or not add BB. I would think them adding BB would also mean them adding another title nine sport too. I was just wondering why the conference was not pushing the addition of BB if NT has a contractual obligation to add it.

Speaking of our Conference Commissioner, She kind of reminds me of our OC, no one ever hears from her or even knows who she is. At least our previous CC was proactive and we heard from him every once and a while and the other conferences and TV networks knew who He/We were.

Moderators, maybe this belongs in conference talk, if so your welcome to move it.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: North Texas IPF & T&F

Quote Originally Posted by BhadDawg View Post
    I was visiting the CUSA board a few weeks ago and I noticed that some of the NT guys were talking about construction plans for a new IPF and Track and Field Complex. I thought NT was supposed to add baseball when they were able to, being able to finance those two projects sounds to me like they can afford Baseball. Am I wrong about this, or was this just a handshake and a wink deal where the conference and NT both knew they would never be forced to add Baseball. I cannot remember the deal when NT was added, but I do remember baseball being mentioned a lot. I don't know if it was mandatory for NT to add BB or not, if it was, would our Commissioner press the issue?

I am not wishing anything bad for NT, as a matter of fact, good for them if they were able to make a deal where it was their choice to add or not add BB. I would think them adding BB would also mean them adding another title nine sport too. I was just wondering why the conference was not pushing the addition of BB if NT has a contractual obligation to add it.

Speaking of our Conference Commissioner, She kind of reminds me of our OC, no one ever hears from her or even knows who she is. At least our previous CC was proactive and we heard from him every once and a while and the other conferences and TV networks knew who He/We were.

Moderators, maybe this belongs in conference talk, if so your welcome to move it.

Feb 25, 2016 - The Official Student Newspaper of the University of North Texas ... Finances delaying addition of Mean Green baseball and men's soccer.

As you know budgets for baseball and soccer are not huge, but adding Women's scholarships that would require more sports be added for women as well as men would be a huge total cost.

I'm not sure why UNT would have wanted soccer since it is a financial drain. Even though baseball would be a financial drain as well, part of the "deal" made between C-USA/Barnowski and UNT was that they would add baseball. Not many of us expected it to ever happen.

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

They should be required to add a baseball program before building all these extra facilities. It's not right but CUSA lets them do it. I have nothing against North Texas either but this gives them an advantage that no other school has, that I know of.

Champ BhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond reputeBhadDawg has a reputation beyond repute

I can understand the title 9 thing really making it hard to add another sport, it can be expensive. The point I need to have made though, is that NT is within our recruiting area and now they are going to have an IPF to use as a recruiting tool. I would look at that as a little bit of an unfair advantage since they are not having to support baseball and it's title 9 matching sport. If La Tech could divert all of their baseball money and the resulting title 9 money to football, that would change things. TECH could have an IPF, higher coaches salaries, etc., resulting in improved recruiting.

I would think that would be a correct assumption, assuming that an IPF actually improved your recruiting.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Always seems to be something every other school gets away with

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

I thought adding baseball was something they were expected to do when they were added to the conference.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Greg View Post
    I thought adding baseball was something they were expected to do when they were added to the conference.
    They were, just not sure if CUSA got it in writing.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

It's interesting that the student paper included soccer as if it was as important to the move as baseball, but no mention of the true costs involved.

Big Dog RGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the roughRGTech98 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    It's interesting that the student paper included soccer as if it was as important to the move as baseball, but no mention of the true costs involved.
    I might have inferred too much when reading, but my assumption was to keep the balance for Title IX when they added baseball they would have to add women's soccer. The article definitely doesn't spell it out that clearly...

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

In 2009, UNT was found to have taken $23 million of state funds it was not entitled to, and this number could be high as $83.5 million. This was discovered in 2009 and 2014. I am not sure what the state of Texas' remedy for this was, but there has been some "creative accounting" happening in Denton. See attached news article:

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/lo...le3860837.html

Quote Originally Posted by RGTech98 View Post
    I might have inferred too much when reading, but my assumption was to keep the balance for Title IX when they added baseball they would have to add women's soccer. The article definitely doesn't spell it out that clearly...
    Men's soccer. They already have women's soccer. Almost every school has women's soccer due to title IX.

It's ironic that the only reason we don't have women's golf is because of Title IX.

+ Reply to Thread