+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: 11/22 MBB vs. Evansville (Cancun Challenge)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/22 MBB vs. Evansville (Cancun Challenge)

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    His post game interview was impressive. I've always enjoyed his tenacity on defense, but his remarks about the team playing together and from the bench sold me on him even more.
    He has a pretty high b-ball IQ. Knows game situation well. Great guy to have in the game late.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    He has a pretty high b-ball IQ. Knows game situation well. Great guy to have in the game late.
    ...said when he shot the ball he knew it was going it.

Gotta love that.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Boykins was such a huge part of the winning shot. He started the sequence out near the point when Bracey passed the ball from the point to the wing, then Boykins followed the shot to the basket and saved the short shot from going out of bounds with a great play and a perfect pass to Jean.
    Last edited by Tech77; 11-23-2017 at 11:55 AM.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Boykins was such a huge part of the winning shot. He started the sequence by passing the ball from the point to the wing, then followed the shot to the basket and saved the short shot from going out of bounds with a great play and a perfect pass to Jean.
    Definitely! I have definitely been proven wrong on Boykins effort and defense. From our seats, I thought Boykins was loafing some of the time. He has to take a play off every now and then because he is seemingly involved with every other play up and down the floor.

Big Dog counselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of lightcounselingdawg is a glorious beacon of light

Bama game on Espn or Sec?

Puppy ColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really niceColoradoDawg is just really nice

SECN

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Like every Tech fan, I'm very happy with this victory. But as one old coach said, "we made the easy ones look hard in this one." We missed too many layups and easy put-backs down low.

Tech should have beaten this team by 15 points. Our back court was 3 times faster than Evansville's. Except for their big Russian, I thought Tech had better talent at every position. Gotta shoot better than 38% from the field in the future.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Jean reminds me of Kenyon McNeil (sic).Kenyon lost his starting job, but was a leader coming off the bench.

Champ markay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant futuremarkay714 has a brilliant future markay714's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Like every Tech fan, I'm very happy with this victory. But as one old coach said, "we made the easy ones look hard in this one." We missed too many layups and easy put-backs down low.

Tech should have beaten this team by 15 points. Our back court was 3 times faster than Evansville's. Except for their big Russian, I thought Tech had better talent at every position. Gotta shoot better than 38% from the field in the future.
    This wasn’t our best game. We shot pitifully. This was a game they could have phoned it in and lost. They found a way to win. Think that makes them winners. I have been excited about this season since the first game. Will be a fun season. Hope you get to come catch a few in Ruston.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I like the way Evansville plays. Good team defense, half-court offense. If they had more talented/athletic players they'd be a Top 25 team. That big Eastern European dude (Lithuanian), is a smart player, coachable. Doesn't try to do too much, fulfills a role and is the kind of player that make mediocre teams good.

We beat a good team on an off-shooting night. That bodes well for the Dawgs.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I knew I was supposed to remember something important about Evansville basketball. This was what it was: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...crash/4001297/
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

WKU gets the W over #18 Purdue

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Sure was sad

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    I knew I was supposed to remember something important about Evansville basketball. This was what it was: https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...crash/4001297/
    Wow, I did not remember that. Of course I know about the Marshall football team, but this one is news to me. Horrible.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Wow! Congrats Dawgs.

Believe it or not, Tech shot 75% (12 of 16) from the free throw line while Evansville only shot 63.6% (7 of 11). Successful free throws ended up being the difference maker tonight.
    Poor FTs have lost us many games over the last few years. Good to see us on the positive side. It makes a huge difference.

+ Reply to Thread