+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Saturday = Independence Bowl Bid ?

Champ detltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond reputedetltu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Win Saturday = Independence Bowl Bid ?

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I could have attended the Indy Bowl,can't make Frisco. With the way the holiday falls, I would think many more people are off work the Wednesdday after Christmas vs. the Wednesday before. Even with the Frisco bowl being at night, I can't make the trip.
    I'm in the same boat. My son is in school through Thursday and my vacation for the next week is already turned in. I'm also driving through Dallas with the family on Friday to visit family. I'm trying to find a way to make it work, but it doesn't look good. First bowl I have missed since Humanitarian bowl in 2001.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

The Ignorant Bowl and it's board suck! I hope we never play there again and they fold. And after this year there will be another
    2 universities that never want to come back. Plus the local Shreveport police lack of common sense traffic control will keep
    them away forever all by themselves. The Ignorant Bowl serve zero purpose for the community.
    No more discussion needed.

Next deal.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I don't think either date is great. Frisco Bowl is on the last day of school for my kids before Christmas break. We'll check them out at lunch and drive over
    ...I guess it's impossible for your kids to miss ONE DAY of school?

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

FSU has requested their $$ up front............for some reason they don't trust the powers that be!

Yes, I am joking......don't want their legal counsel (public defender) sending me a letter.

I used to support the I-Bowl, lots of family tradition tied to the games for me personally......but it does need to fold. They needed parking money and gate............good luck with that!!! FSU may bring 750. USM will bring 4-5K.....possibly.

I-Bowl, when you stated publicly that Tech was your 4th choice, the final nail was in your coffin

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    ...I guess it's impossible for your kids to miss ONE DAY of school?
    We'll check them out of school. My oldest has a field trip that he wants to attend in the morning.
    We'll be in Frisco. As I've said in the past, I like the Frisco Bowl, just not the date (selfishly).

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    FSU has requested their $$ up front............for some reason they don't trust the powers that be!

Yes, I am joking......don't want their legal counsel (public defender) sending me a letter.

I used to support the I-Bowl, lots of family tradition tied to the games for me personally......but it does need to fold. They needed parking money and gate............good luck with that!!! FSU may bring 750. USM will bring 4-5K.....possibly.

I-Bowl, when you stated publicly that Tech was your 4th choice, the final nail was in your coffin
    I think you are underestimating USM fans. I agree FSU won't bring many.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Big Dog tech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to alltech70 is a name known to all

After the last Tech I bowl decree by them I cancelled our companies 50 I Bowl tickets . I voted with a pocket book impact . I also had 4 personal tickets which I cancelled .
    We used to bring in clients that had teams in the bowl and I stoped that as well .
    RIP I bowl.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post

USM-Washington had 20k in Dallas the day after Christmas. USM-FSU in Shreveport two days after Christmas will draw more.

Big Dog Saint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant futureSaint Greg has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by THEarmada View Post
    I could have attended the Indy Bowl,can't make Frisco. With the way the holiday falls, I would think many more people are off work the Wednesdday after Christmas vs. the Wednesday before. Even with the Frisco bowl being at night, I can't make the trip.
    Same here. Could've done, Indy, AF, HOD, NO. 7pm on a Wednesday. It's too early to drive over after work. Too late to drive home after the game and still go to work. Can't take two days off for a game three hours away the week before Christmas. But with only 20k seats I'm sure we won't have any problems filling the place.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    After the last Tech I bowl decree by them I cancelled our companies 50 I Bowl tickets . I voted with a pocket book impact . I also had 4 personal tickets which I cancelled .
    We used to bring in clients that had teams in the bowl and I stoped that as well .
    RIP I bowl.
    Yeppers!

NEXT!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Have a buddy at work who is a huge FSU fan. Flies to FSU from Dallas at least two games a year. I told him he was lucky to have FSU in a bowl so near. He said that was NO WAY he was going to the I-bowl. Knows it would be a crap experience even if his team won, as very few FSU fans would be there.

Puppy kbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nicekbm86 is just really nice kbm86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tech70 View Post
    RIP I bowl.
    Now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

Dilly-Dilly!

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

After the last 3 bowl games and I imagine this year as well, it is obvious how important the venue is to the bowl experience for fans. Superdome and TCU's new stadium made those experiences and games so nice. HOD at Cotton Bowl is just about on par with Indy but in Dallas compared to SHV. I am looking forward to seeing Toyota Stadium as well and expect it to be very nice.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    After the last 3 bowl games and I imagine this year as well, it is obvious how important the venue is to the bowl experience for fans. Superdome and TCU's new stadium made those experiences and games so nice. HOD at Cotton Bowl is just about on par with Indy but in Dallas compared to SHV. I am looking forward to seeing Toyota Stadium as well and expect it to be very nice.
    Yeah, I enjoyed the experience of Tech playing a bowl game in the Cotton Bowl stadium because of all the history of that stadium. But I know that means little to younger generation. The Frisco Bowl is one I would love to see our conference get a long-term contract with.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ olddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond reputeolddog75 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Yeah, I enjoyed the experience of Tech playing a bowl game in the Cotton Bowl stadium because of all the history of that stadium. But I know that means little to younger generation. The Frisco Bowl is one I would love to see our conference get a long-term contract with.
    Yea, the $100,000 payout is outstanding.

+ Reply to Thread