+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts League Leader WKU Sunday for Legends Day

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

WKU W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts League Leader WKU Sunday for Legends Day

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will face its biggest challenge of the Conference USA season Sunday afternoon when the Lady Techsters host league leader WKU at 2 p.m. at the Thomas Assembly Center.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Hosts League Leader WKU Sunday for Legends Day

We have to "score the basketball." What's that mean? Yeah, I know, it suppose to mean "we need to score when we have the ball." Which is understood since in hoops you can't score unless you have possession of the ball.

That's one of those truly stupid phrases that permeates sports. Like "walk off...." anything that ends a game. And a recent stupid term "physicality" when referring to a team that depends more on brawn than brains.

Anyway, yeah, it would be helpful, Coach Stoehr, if your players could just "score the basketball" on wide open layups, short chippy shots, and oh yeah, from the FT line too.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Down 29 - 42 at half, fifteen turnovers.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We have to "score the basketball." What's that mean? Yeah, I know, it suppose to mean "we need to score when we have the ball." Which is understood since in hoops you can't score unless you have possession of the ball.

That's one of those truly stupid phrases that permeates sports. Like "walk off...." anything that ends a game. And a recent stupid term "physicality" when referring to a team that depends more on brawn than brains.

Anyway, yeah, it would be helpful, Coach Stoehr, if your players could just "score the basketball" on wide open layups, short chippy shots, and oh yeah, from the FT line too.
    Not-so-passive-agressive Captain Obvious.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 74- 64. Cut it to about 5 early fourth quarter.

Champ Tech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant futureTech52 has a brilliant future Tech52's Avatar

Still very sloppy. They certainly have the capability.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just needed to score the basketball, I guess.

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

Odu W. Basketball. Turnovers Too Much for @LATechWBB To Overcome

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Tashia Brown scored 26 points and league leader WKU forced 25 turnovers in downing Louisiana Tech 74-64 before 2,134 fans at the Thomas Assembly Center Sunday afternoon.

More...

Discuss it here.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. Turnovers Too Much for @LATechWBB To Overcome

UConn is about to catch us for all-time wins.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I watched and we shot well in the first half. Turnovers are what killed us. Have to clean that up! WKU is on fire this year, so this was going to be a very tall order. We played hard and it was close at times, but we have a hump to get over. We play that hard and we can win against every team we have left in regular season.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I watched and we shot well in the first half. Turnovers are what killed us. Have to clean that up! WKU is on fire this year, so this was going to be a very tall order. We played hard and it was close at times, but we have a hump to get over. We play that hard and we can win against every team we have left in regular season.
    Turnovers are a consistent problem for us.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Turnovers are a consistent problem for us.
    Agree! Brooke has really addressed this, but I have to admit that WKU was a different animal. They looked like our men's team with Speedy Smith at times. I am just glad those two girls with the last name of Brown are graduating this year. Outstanding players! We are still in need of a big post player. Malone is our only senior. Whitney and Sweets are good forwards, but I would like to see a true Center post up player in the mix.

On another note, I have been very impressed with Staley and Sweets lately. They are both playing very well! Plus, Anthony took over the game for a while with her quickness. Just have to get better protecting the ball. Our defense looked good, except them scoring in transition when we turned it over.

Agree! Brooke has really addressed this, but I have to admit that WKU was a different animal. They looked like our men's team with Speedy Smith at times. I am just glad those two girls with the last name of Brown are graduating this year. Outstanding players! We are still in need of a big post player. Malone is our only senior. Whitney and Sweets are good forwards, but I would like to see a true Center post up player in the mix.

On another note, I have been very impressed with Staley and Sweets lately. They are both playing very well! Plus, Anthony took over the game for a while with her quickness. Just have to get better protecting the ball. Our defense looked good, except them scoring in transition when we turned it over.
    There are still so many growing pains. I think it really speaks to just how completely wrecked we were from the last ~3 coaches.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I agree. I would love to see them bring in a JUCO Center during the later signing period. We need a Center who can defend and give us some scoring. Of course, I think we still need a point guard. I haven't been happy about our point guard play since Tasha Crain. Jasmine Bendolph had moments; however, she was never really healthy her entire career with the Techsters.

Quote Originally Posted by ACSlatech1994 View Post
    I agree. I would love to see them bring in a JUCO Center during the later signing period. We need a Center who can defend and give us some scoring. Of course, I think we still need a point guard. I haven't been happy about our point guard play since Tasha Crain. Jasmine Bendolph had moments; however, she was never really healthy her entire career with the Techsters.
    Seems like Jasmine was pretty good for moments - like you stated. If my memory is correct, we got back to the NCAA tournament with her as point, but she was injured for the first game. Correct me if I am mistaken. Tasha was really good! Anthony can be a good slasher and has shown some great moments. She plays a lot at the 2 position. Again, turnovers are the problem.

+ Reply to Thread