+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 11/24 vs. Penn State (at Las Vegas)

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 11/24 vs. Penn State (at Las Vegas)

I was so excited that I couldn't post. Biggest win in a while for the Techsters! WAY TO Go Lady Techsters!!!!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

AND our youth is showing!!!!!

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

I spent about 30 minutes watching the video early this morning. I don't know how good we are or if Penn State is even a quality opponent, but that was as fundamentally sound a game as I've seen the Lady Techsters play since Budke's second season as head coach.

We played a relentless 2-3 zone defense and just never seemed to get tired. Shooters squared up to the basket and took sound jump shots after we worked the ball around and made the extra pass. We crashed the offensive boards, as well.

Champ Wade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond reputeWade_Antley has a reputation beyond repute Wade_Antley's Avatar

I will say this... HUGE win.

1st win vs a money school since DECEMBER 1st 2012 - Ole Miss at the TAC 57-54. It's been a long 5 years.

Penn St is loaded with 3 and 4 star recruits. They beat a couple of top 25 teams last year (including Tenn) but only made it to the 3rd round of the NIT. Their OOC schedule this years poises them for a top 25 ranking before they enter conference play. The Techsters may have made them take a step back though.

Extremely sound defense!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

WOW, went out after listening to the 1st QTR...
    We were behind 15-10, thought it a long night for the Techsters!
    Checked on Siri for the score and Siri said Penn State won 85-60!
    Needless to say how shocked I was to get on the board this afternoon to find out our Techsters got the victory last night!
    Awesome!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    I spent about 30 minutes watching the video early this morning. I don't know how good we are or if Penn State is even a quality opponent, but that was as fundamentally sound a game as I've seen the Lady Techsters play since Budke's second season as head coach.

We played a relentless 2-3 zone defense and just never seemed to get tired. Shooters squared up to the basket and took sound jump shots after we worked the ball around and made the extra pass. We crashed the offensive boards, as well.
    I agree. I just watched the game. Here are my thoughts:

Positives:

- This team won the game wearing their traditional Lady Techster blue uniforms with sleeves. Love it!
    - This team moves the ball around the perimeter really well. That's a sign of good coaching. It creates opportunities for us, and frustration for the opposing defense.
    - Taylor Stahly is deadly with her 3-pt shot. She has a very pure and comfortable looking shot.
    - Stahly finished 5 of 7 (71.4%) from 3-pt land. Boykins only wishes he was that accurate for our mens team.
    - Cleaver (13 pts/7 rbds) and Malone (13 pts/10 rbds) were real workhorses in this one.
    - Kierra Anthony quietly scored 17 points, and grabbed 4 steals. Those steals were huge, with most being converted into points.
    - This team played really good defense for 4 quarters. Everybody hustled.
    - Dow the stretch, this team appeared to be in better condition than Penn St.
    - Brooke kept a fresh rotation of players in the game at all times. 11 players got playing time.

Challenges:

- This team isn't as "athletic" as many we've had in the past. But everybody seems to know their limited role.
    - The less we dribble the ball, the more turnover free we play. When in doubt, PASS the ball!
    - This team is very young, with only 1 senior, 5 juniors, 4 sophomores and 4 freshmen. Sometimes it shows.

This team appears to be very well coached, and disciplined. Congrats to the Lady Techsters!

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I agree. I just watched the game. Here are my thoughts:

Positives:

- This team won the game wearing their traditional Lady Techster blue uniforms with sleeves. Love it!
    - This team moves the ball around the perimeter really well. That's a sign of good coaching. It creates opportunities for us, and frustration for the opposing defense.
    - Taylor Stahly is deadly with her 3-pt shot. She has a very pure and comfortable looking shot.
    - Stahly finished 5 of 7 (71.4%) from 3-pt land. Boykins only wishes he was that accurate for our mens team.
    - Cleaver (13 pts/7 rbds) and Malone (13 pts/10 rbds) were real workhorses in this one.
    - Kierra Anthony quietly scored 17 points, and grabbed 4 steals. Those steals were huge, with most being converted into points.
    - This team played really good defense for 4 quarters. Everybody hustled.
    - Dow the stretch, this team appeared to be in better condition than Penn St.
    - Brooke kept a fresh rotation of players in the game at all times. 11 players got playing time.

Challenges:

- This team isn't as "athletic" as many we've had in the past. But everybody seems to know their limited role.
    - The less we dribble the ball, the more turnover free we play. When in doubt, PASS the ball!
    - This team is very young, with only 1 senior, 5 juniors, 4 sophomores and 4 freshmen. Sometimes it shows.

This team appears to be very well coached, and disciplined. Congrats to the Lady Techsters!
    Excellent post!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

As I've said from day one of her hiring, we have our coach.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Such a good win for us!!

We needed this confidence booster. If we can take care of business today against a much less talented team (don't play down to their level), we have an even bigger test with a probable top 25 team in Texas this week.

Win today and at Texas and I think we are close to getting in the top 25 for the first time in many years now.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    We needed this confidence booster. If we can take care of business today against a much less talented team (don't play down to their level), we have an even bigger test with a probable top 25 team in Texas this week.

Win today and at Texas and I think we are close to getting in the top 25 for the first time in many years now.
    Texas will be a massive test. Im not going to hang too much on how we perform against them.

The start to the season is heartening for the conference slate. Some of our mates aren't half bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Texas will be a massive test. Im not going to hang too much on how we perform against them.

The start to the season is heartening for the conference slate. Some of our mates aren't half bad.
    Totally agree!

+ Reply to Thread