+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLTZ to Arkansas -- ad AD

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: HOLTZ to Arkansas -- ad AD

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Arkansas fired Jeff Long because back in early 2015 Long signed Bielema to a 6-yr contract extension that runs through the 2020 season. The new contract called for Bielema to earn $4 Million in 2015, with $100K increases in each subsequent year. That means Bielema is scheduled to earn $4.3M in 2018, $4.4M in 2019 and $4.5M in 2020. Per the terms of the contract, it will cost Arkansas over $13 MILLION to buy out Bielema's contract before the 2018 season.

These are exactly the kind of decisions that should get an AD fired.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...-contract-2020
    That makes sense.

I have heard rumblings that the boosters have the cash together. Not sure the truth of that. But there's so much money up here, $13M is nothing to these guys.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Long was fired for talking with Nebraska.
    LOL!!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That makes sense.

I have heard rumblings that the boosters have the cash together. Not sure the truth of that. But there's so much money up here, $13M is nothing to these guys.
    It's a lot. But as the previous article (the 2nd article) says, the buyout drops to $11.7M on January 1st, so you can look for Bret Bielema to be fired on January 1st or 2nd.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    This is where I get confused on this stuff.

You say want Rattay to be HC, then say our QB has become stagnant or regressed.....knowing Rattay is the QB coach. Wouldn't this mean that Rattay is not doing a good job as QB coach, if our QB is regressing?

How does he get a pass on this? I say this being a Tim Rattay (player) fan.
    I don't think it is that simple. Tech's QB obviously has raw talent. As the level increases, talent alone doesn't get a player by. Sometimes, it takes a while to develop the talent. It isn't necessarily bad coaching.

Actually, if one were to assess learning curves, a plateau early in the process followed by a steep increase is not atypical. We shall see.
    Last edited by stodgdog; 11-23-2017 at 10:31 PM.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Shut up. You’re an idiot
    Correct me if I am mistaken, but I assume you disagree with my assessment? I have been described by many terms, including crazy (which I can't argue with), but never by the term you choose (except by @ Lafayetters). Nevertheless, that's not a nice thing to say.
    Last edited by stodgdog; 11-23-2017 at 10:33 PM.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Rumor up here is that Bret's getting his walking papers after the Mizzou game. Not sure why they went ahead and fired Long. I thought Long was running things pretty smoothly but I guess they wanted a scapegoat.
    I agree they will fire Beilema. Long lost support of fans, boosters and university leadership. He hired and fired Bobby Petrino and John L. Smith. Two football coaches who ultimately failed. Petrino for his "extra curricular activities" and Smith was just plain terrible. Then he hired Beilema who cannot be considered a success. So three bad football hires and you are toast.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    I agree. If they want to keep the slow paced Big 10 style, they will hire someone like Holts. Not sure Arkansas will sell tickets for that.
    OK- I will try and be nice but what part of leading / being in top 5 offenses in the nation in 2014-2015-2016 qualifies as "slow paced". Henderson and Trent did not get NFL contracts coming from "slow pace" - We were defensively challenged those years but top tear no huddle -speed offense

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Shut up. You’re an idiot
    pure class--- why are you talking to yourself?? Stodgdog has excellent reputation and his post made sense----May I recommend you not read posters you don't like or take the time to understand their opinion?

Quote Originally Posted by deb025 View Post
    What was so idiotic about what he said? Looked pretty much spot on to me.
    I agree with you. Dixonford6 resorted to calling someone many of us like an idiot but had zero explaination of why he disagrees--- I was reared ( animals are raised, humans are reared--Dr Fletcher 1970) to avoid name calling --of course so many folks get really tacky online and post crud they would never say to your face-- Idiot being one of them.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I don't think it is that simple. Tech's QB obviously has raw talent. As the level increases, talent alone doesn't get a player by. Sometimes, it takes a while to develop the talent. It isn't necessarily bad coaching.

Actually, if one were to assess learning curves, a plateau early in the process followed by a steep increase is not atypical. We shall see.
    Well, my fingers are crossed. I hope you are right.

Varsity Bulldog diamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the roughdiamonddawg31 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post

I think some of it is on coach (just not Rattay). I think our QB is hurting in confidence right now, and it may be because coach has kept the offense on such a short leash since the interception at SC.

Big Dog Slackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the roughSlackdog is a jewel in the rough

Shut up. You’re an idiot
    Completely uncalled for; Stodgdog is very knowledgeable, smart, and spot-on most of the time.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Computer breathalyzer needed. It was a very early post for him.

Bulldog ronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of lightronmyster is a glorious beacon of light ronmyster's Avatar

Just on line Ark coach has been fired after loss today

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronmyster View Post
    Just on line Ark coach has been fired after loss today
    They couldn't wait a month and save a few mil.

+ Reply to Thread