+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLTZ to Arkansas -- ad AD

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Re: HOLTZ to Arkansas -- ad AD

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post
    Please post a link to that article.
    http://www.thenewsstar.com/story/spo...ing/885756001/

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

If he gets some kind of offer, from Arkansas, on some such school, he better jump on it.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LongtimeDawgfan View Post

“Rumored this week to be a target.” Someone needs to tell Skip’s wife to quit starting these rumors.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I would like for him to stay as HC at Tech, eventually moving to AD and Rattay becoming HC.

Poor QB play has been Tech's problem this year. It seems to me that our QB was improving the first 3 or 4 games, then became stagnant or regressed. We need him to have a good game Saturday and I think he will and Tech will win.
    This is where I get confused on this stuff.

You say want Rattay to be HC, then say our QB has become stagnant or regressed.....knowing Rattay is the QB coach. Wouldn't this mean that Rattay is not doing a good job as QB coach, if our QB is regressing?

How does he get a pass on this? I say this being a Tim Rattay (player) fan.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    This is where I get confused on this stuff.

You say want Rattay to be HC, then say our QB has become stagnant or regressed.....knowing Rattay is the QB coach. Wouldn't this mean that Rattay is not doing a good job as QB coach, if our QB is regressing?

How does he get a pass on this? I say this being a Tim Rattay (player) fan.
    I think you know, like other position coaches, they are not allowed to really coach. They simply teach during the week. COYHCSH does ALL the coaching during the games.

Champ Dixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond reputeDixonfor6 has a reputation beyond repute Dixonfor6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I would like for him to stay as HC at Tech, eventually moving to AD and Rattay becoming HC.

Many criticize Holtz, but he is a pretty good coach and arguably the best HC Tech has had since moving back to the highest level of college football. Even this year, though disappointing, Tech is 2nd in the conference in TO margin and 3rd in the conference is least penalty yardage. Those statistics reflect good coaching. Poor QB play has been Tech's problem this year. It seems to me that our QB was improving the first 3 or 4 games, then became stagnant or regressed. We need him to have a good game Saturday and I think he will and Tech will win.
    Shut up. You’re an idiot

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Quote Originally Posted by Dixonfor6 View Post
    Shut up. You’re an idiot
    What was so idiotic about what he said? Looked pretty much spot on to me.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by PawDawg View Post
    I think you know, like other position coaches, they are not allowed to really coach. They simply teach during the week. COYHCSH does ALL the coaching during the games.
    Are you sure you didn’t mean to say that no one does any coaching during the games?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    Are you sure you didn’t mean to say that no one does any coaching during the games?
    That's what he said.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

This is the article I previously read. It says Skip is rumored for the head coach job, if it becomes available. Not the AD job, who knows if he would be good at that job. Nothing in his past indicates any ability to be an AD.

One of the names that’s been rumored this week to be a target for the Arkansas administration to replace Bielema has been Holtz, Louisiana Tech’s head coach. Bielema is the head coach. Long was the AD.

Champ Bulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant futureBulldog Tom has a brilliant future Bulldog Tom's Avatar

This is the article I previously read. It says Skip is rumored for the head coach job, if it becomes available. Not the AD job, who knows if he would be good at that job. Nothing in his past indicates any ability to be an AD.

One of the names that’s been rumored this week to be a target for the Arkansas administration to replace Bielema has been Holtz, Louisiana Tech’s head coach. Bielema is the head coach. Long was the AD.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Tom View Post

Rumor up here is that Bret's getting his walking papers after the Mizzou game. Not sure why they went ahead and fired Long. I thought Long was running things pretty smoothly but I guess they wanted a scapegoat.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    That's what he said.

Sorry, no one including HCSH.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Rumor up here is that Bret's getting his walking papers after the Mizzou game. Not sure why they went ahead and fired Long. I thought Long was running things pretty smoothly but I guess they wanted a scapegoat.
    Arkansas fired Jeff Long because back in early 2015 Long signed Bielema to a 6-yr contract extension that runs through the 2020 season. The new contract called for Bielema to earn $4 Million in 2015, with $100K increases in each subsequent year. That means Bielema is scheduled to earn $4.3M in 2018, $4.4M in 2019 and $4.5M in 2020. Per the terms of the contract, it will cost Arkansas over $13 MILLION to buy out Bielema's contract before the 2018 season.

From the last link below: "The most frequent argument that he’s safe is the massive size of buyout, which sits at $15.4 million throughout the calendar year (it drops to $11.7 million on January 1st). It’s a figure big enough that Long has been subject of criticism himself. Bielema’s original 2017 buyout from his initial 2012 contract was just $6.4 million, so Long more than doubled it following Arkansas’, let’s say, “memorable” 7-6 2014 campaign."

These are exactly the kind of decisions that should get an AD fired.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/12292596/arkansas-razorbacks-extend-bret-bielema-contract-2020

https://www.arkansasfight.com/2017/9...-for-jeff-long

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Long was fired for talking with Nebraska.

+ Reply to Thread